Senior Editor Badge

My suggestions:

JT to Elite Armor
Sturmtiger to Breakthrough
Goliath to Special Ops
Command Panther to Overwatch
Flamme HT to firestorm
6 Apr 2019, 16:34 PM

Nice ideas, but "scope" allows for max 2 doctrines redesigned in a vacuum that will still end up being op or useless and still waste patch development time afterwards.

That's how coh works
6 Apr 2019, 17:16 PM

Nice ideas, but "scope" allows for max 2 doctrines redesigned in a vacuum that will still end up being op or useless and still waste patch development time afterwards.

That's how coh works

I know that we wont see any of this changes in the next 2-3 months but maybe we can get an additional balance patch that includes a bigger OKW rework after the new commanders are released.
They should do at least something with Specops.

6 Apr 2019, 21:47 PM

I like the Luftwaffe suggestion. But I think you should put a bit more thought in the heavy tank reshuffle, might be a better idea to have the Jagdtiger moved to Elite Armor for example and have the ST in Breakthrough to at least comply with the themes of the commanders if nothing else.

I like this!
8 Apr 2019, 18:40 PM

lol, Kubel becomes a "doctrine unit".

I call that an easy fix. :clap:
8 Apr 2019, 18:51 PM

Actually Fortifications doctrine is op its like cancer regiment and royal arty regiment in one u can turtle and deny alies fortifications how is it balanced ? Lefh should be replaced with something else like fuzilers. Back me up vipper

Except LeFH are countered by one click removal commander abilities, unlike advanced emplacements or mobile howitzers.
9 Apr 2019, 10:46 AM

command panther+HEAT will be OP

overwatch is fine now

Jadtiger -> elite armor

Strumtiger -> breakthrough

Strum officer -> to rework similarly to airlanding officer or commissar

9 Apr 2019, 10:59 AM

command panther+HEAT will be OP

overwatch is fine now

Jadtiger -> elite armor

Strumtiger -> breakthrough

Strum officer -> to rework similarly to airlanding officer or commissar

Idea for Sturmofficer is great, moving JT to Elite Armor is a no go though. If you think that Commando Panther + Heat = op, then JT+HEAT= SUPEROP:)
Sturmtiger to Breakbrough is also a good idea.
9 Apr 2019, 11:04 AM

Tbh I think the Heavies are fine where they are. The imbalance in OKW's commanders comes from the Command Panther being a call-in and Overwatch no longer having junk abilities to balance out the autoflares.

Remove the autoflares and tie the Command Panther to tech, and they'll be on a similar level again.
9 Apr 2019, 11:20 AM

Idea for Sturmofficer is great, moving JT to Elite Armor is a no go though. If you think that Commando Panther + Heat = op, then JT+HEAT= SUPEROP:)
Sturmtiger to Breakbrough is also a good idea.

Jadtiger+HEAT is not quite OP

elite armor have no sight skill and jadtiger can be counter easily beacause he is too slow to avoiding flank

Or there's a way to stop jadtiger from using HEAT.

Command panther+HEAT is more OP beacause he is fast, have long sight

9 Apr 2019, 16:14 PM

Or there's a way to stop jadtiger from using HEAT.

From what I've noticed, if you put Jagdtiger and HEAT in the same commander, Jagdtiger doesn't get them. So there already is a way.
9 Apr 2019, 16:20 PM

I mean if we're looking at it from the perspective of themes of the commanders it just doesn't make sense for stuff like the Jagdtiger and Panzerfusiliers to be in Breakthrough for example.

While for instance the Sturmtiger and Sturmoffizier fill that role perfectly since they are assault units meant for that specific task.

Special Operations also doesn't make sense, what's so special about them, do they have brandenburger units (a la Jaegers or Stormtroopers)? Do they do undercover/covert stuff (a la partisan underground scouting ability) and so on.

The only commanders that follow their themes well are I would say Fortifications, arguably Luftwaffe, and Elite Armor, maybe even Overwatch and Firestorm but the rest are some sort of mish mash of different units and abilities thrown into a single commander just for the hell of it.

Scavenge is better off being reworked with some captured equipment such as beutepanzers or something than the Frankenstein it is right now in my opinion.

If there was something like a Panzerjaeger doctrine from the very start we wouldn't have the issue of the Jagdtiger having technically no place in any of the current commanders from the theme virepoint. One could also place HEAT rounds in that doctrine then which would open up a slot in Elite Armor where you can shove the Panzerfusiliers and perhaps even the new Tiger there.

Then you can have something similar to Firestorm but instead of focusing on all sorts of fire units and abilities with the infantry ability and Opel Blitz thrown in there for good measure you can have a more infantry supporting focused commander with a let's say 250 or 251 Halftrack, vamp Stgs and so on, I mean honestly who uses the flamm Hetzer anyhow?

I am going horribly off topic here but I just want to note the fact that if we're aiming for the themes of the commanders here it doesn't make sense for some stuff.
9 Apr 2019, 17:23 PM

Why not putting Ostwind to Elite-Armor? Ostwind with Heat would be funny to see, also it would make it speacial while being historical accurate.

And put Jagdtiger into Scavenge Doctrine to buff this commander.

Ostwind to Elite Armor
Jagdtiger to Scavenge Doctrine
Sturmtiger to Breakthrough
Goliath to Special Ops
Command Panther to Overwatch
Fire-Hetzer to firestorm
9 Apr 2019, 18:10 PM

I don't get why people think moving the Command Panther out of Special Operations is the solution. Stick the Command Panther in any other doctrine and it gets more powerful.
9 Apr 2019, 21:54 PM

Here is my take on how to make OKW commanders make more sense.

Breakthrough:replace Jagdtiger with Sturmtiger. It fits the theme of breaking trough better and doesn't make the doctrine so super useless outside of large teamgames.

Elite Armor:replace the Sturmtiger with the Jagd Tiger. Again it fits the theme better because its the absolute best (or insane) tank the German army can provide. I doubt the HEAT shells will be an issue because I have never seen a JT bounce. If it does somehow become a problem just disable them for this particular tank.

Fallschirmjager:Replace heavy fortifications with a Ostwind available from HQ once the first truck has been build. This will differentiate this doctrine from fortifications doctrine and replace the dubious heavy fortifications ability. It also fits the theme better in my opinion.

Scavenge:Replace the Jaeger Light Infantry with Panzer Fusiliers. They are a less problematic unit balance wise and are also more distinct in look and playstyle then JLI.
Replace the Ostwind with a Stug or a panzer 4 G (the wher one) for some cheaper "reprocessed armor". The stug or P4 should be available from the HQ truck after 2 trucks of any kind have been build.

Fuerstorm:Replace the MP40 and model 24 grenades in the assault package ability with STG44 and incendiary grenades. Give the mp40 and model 24 grenades as standard upgrade to volksgrenadier (basically a switch round). This will make standard VG upgrading more of a tactical choice, close range vs long range instead of a allround improvement. It will also lead to more Ober Soldaten usage in late game due to volks not being a answers to all you infantry problems.

Spec Ops:Make the Command Panther only buildable after t4 has been build like the King Tiger.
Give the IR STG 44 package to Sturm Pioneers as well so it will see more usage.
10 Apr 2019, 05:42 AM

Here is my take on how to make OKW commanders make more sense.

Fallschirmjager:Replace heavy fortifications with a Ostwind. This will differentiate this doctrine from fortifications doctrine and replace the dubious heavy fortifications ability. It also fits the theme better in my opinion.

Give the IR STG 44 package to Sturm Pioneers as well so it will see more usage.

A reworked Ostwind for Luftwaffe Ground Forces is a very good idea. I also like the idea of giving Sturms the IR Stg44 package.
10 Apr 2019, 06:16 AM

Fussiliers with assault grenades might be a bit much and need a price nerf.
10 Apr 2019, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2019, 05:42 AMSmartie

A reworked Ostwind for Luftwaffe Ground Forces is a very good idea. I also like the idea of giving Sturms the IR Stg44 package.

Yes, maybe the Ostwind should have suppression when not moving like AA Halftrack. Same goes for the wher Ostwind.

It saddens me that we almost never see the IR STG. Its such a cool and unique weapon but its in a commander that actively discourages building the truck they get used in. That's why I think forcing people to build the last truck for the Command Panther will make the commander not just a one trick pony. The STG's also work similar to flame throwers and they slightly increase mid range damage output. This makes them a good fit for sturm pioneers and a interesting tactical choice (short vs mid range DPS).

10 Apr 2019, 07:45 AM

Fussiliers with assault grenades might be a bit much and need a price nerf.

I agree. Then again, the new 6 man Assault grenadier squad will have assault grenades for 30 muni and that wasn't super OP or anything in the matches I played.
10 Apr 2019, 07:54 AM

I agree. Then again, the new 6 man Assault grenadier squad will have assault grenades for 30 muni and that wasn't super OP or anything in the matches I played.

Not sure if sarcasm or not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 29
Germany 225
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L