Login

russian armor

NEW COMMANDER PREVIEW - Version 3.0 changes

2 Apr 2019, 22:30 PM

People are starting to sound like a broken record repeating the same issue over and over again.

Just reduce the amount of repair pioneers to like 3 or 4 or however much the other Armies have, give it an upgrade that unlocks forward retreat point and the Radio Relay ability and give them to the command post bunker as well. There problem solved.
2 Apr 2019, 22:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

People are starting to sound like a broken record repeating the same issue over and over again.

And I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. Most of the posts are constructive, and it really helps when there is a clear majority that expresses there is an issue with an ability (as long as it does reach JLI levels of dead horse beating). When feedback from multiple people is consistent with each other, it's a useful indicator that the change isn't panning out (or that the intent of the change wasn't properly communicated...or something similar).
2 Apr 2019, 22:54 PM

before you give Ostheer the ability to convert (concrete) buildings, you kinda have to add something like an anti-building demo charge
to Rear Echelons, otherwise USF literally cant get rid of these. A player with half a brain wont let you destroy it with flamer pioneers.

I know OKW has similar issues but they have goliath, stukas and flame hetzer at least. Would be fine to give it to Sturmpios too tho
2 Apr 2019, 23:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

before you give Ostheer the ability to convert (concrete) buildings, you kinda have to add something like an anti-building demo charge
to Rear Echelons, otherwise USF literally cant get rid of these. A player with half a brain wont let you destroy it with flamer pioneers.

I know OKW has similar issues but they have goliath, stukas and flame hetzer at least

2 Apr 2019, 23:10 PM

:snfPeter:
2 Apr 2019, 23:11 PM

And I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. Most of the posts are constructive, and it really helps when there is a clear majority that expresses there is an issue with an ability (as long as it does reach JLI levels of dead horse beating). When feedback from multiple people is consistent with each other, it's a useful indicator that the change isn't panning out (or that the intent of the change wasn't properly communicated...or something similar).

I know I sound defensive since it's "my baby" but I really do believe that with some similar changes that were implemented in the previous commander revamp it could be something very practical and beneficial. I love Ostheer but they are simply outclassed when it comes to armor and repair or at least vastly overshadowed by OKW, with this commander and it's abilities that might drastically change.
2 Apr 2019, 23:34 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think having the heavy callins require tech is a no brainer. If we could do this for every heavy callin, I imagine it would be the first thing we rush to do (again, just my impression of the groups sentiment). However, it was clearly stated that is not within the scope of this patch. Given this information, I still believe it best to not add another techless heavy call in into the game (I do suppose the kv2 was a mistake in that regard, but given how much of a meme it was, I dont know how tying it to tech would have been received...). I dont think that not being able to fix other issues should mean that we dont fix the issues that we ARE able to fix (or keep from ever being a problem to begin with).

With respect to whoever is making that decision, it's been "out of scope" for the last 3 years. I think the only changes to the command panther in 3 years was its vet, mark target, CP changes and MG changes. Yeah when writing that it sounds like a lot, but the premise of the vehicle hasn't changed.
3 Apr 2019, 01:33 AM
Patrion 26

The rocket strife is a lot better now, but the Soviet commander still needs something else to help with the late game heavy armour. I recommend giving the para-guards mark target.

Also, if you are making changes based on feedback and suggestions, why no changes to the USF commander? No one seems especially impressed by it.
Based on forum comments still needs quite a lot of work, it's certainly the weakest of all the new commanders.
3 Apr 2019, 02:02 AM

USF Commander is fine where it's at, solid with a mix of tools that can help USF fill in lots of gaps in their design, it just lacks big shiny new things but it doesn't need them. I want it that Commander in my rooster.
3 Apr 2019, 02:44 AM

I still don’t understand why the British haven’t been given the standard Sherman yet. They are in desperate need of a better medium tank rather than a tank destroyer. After several testing periods the M10 is really just too fragile and although it can reliably penetrate the Panzer IV it can’t do so on the Panther which would have players buying the AEC or an antitank gun instead saving their fuel for a tank that can actually produce some offensive results. It’s really just somewhat irrelevant in the British roster and I’d really rather get a tank that can dish out a bit of both as opposed to the M10 which is incredibly circumstantial and dies to 3 anti-tank rounds
3 Apr 2019, 04:26 AM

A few notes:
I personally think the tiger only needs to be put into the panzer command hq (flak). The current implementation arrived at requiring all tech structures, but I do hope we end up peeling back some of those requirements, as I said earlier.

I think having the heavy callins require tech is a no brainer. If we could do this for every heavy callin, I imagine it would be the first thing we rush to do (again, just my impression of the groups sentiment). However, it was clearly stated that is not within the scope of this patch. Given this information, I still believe it best to not add another techless heavy call in into the game (I do suppose the kv2 was a mistake in that regard, but given how much of a meme it was, I dont know how tying it to tech would have been received...). I dont think that not being able to fix other issues should mean that we dont fix the issues that we ARE able to fix (or keep from ever being a problem to begin with).

Edit: Sorry, did not have much time this morning, now the edited version:

Jae, have you already considered giving "Grand Offensive" a unit that would make Battlegroup HQ more attractive? I mean if OKW really would get something cool out of this building and save precious fuel! for teching , if there would be a real incentive, then the usual Mech HQ:Luchs /Puma into Heavy call-in would maybe not stop but be less of a concern, especially if the CP requirements for Commando Panther /14 CP) / Tiger(Ace 15 CP) would get increased / be very high.

I just throw out some ideas:
  • Make Wehrmacht's 250 with Flamer upgrade build able in Battlegroup HQ
  • Give "Grand Offensive" an additional infantry unit in Battlegroup HQ
  • Pak 40 available in Battlegroup HQ
3 Apr 2019, 06:39 AM

I still don’t understand why the British haven’t been given the standard Sherman yet. They are in desperate need of a better medium tank rather than a tank destroyer. After several testing periods the M10 is really just too fragile and although it can reliably penetrate the Panzer IV it can’t do so on the Panther which would have players buying the AEC or an antitank gun instead saving their fuel for a tank that can actually produce some offensive results. It’s really just somewhat irrelevant in the British roster and I’d really rather get a tank that can dish out a bit of both as opposed to the M10 which is incredibly circumstantial and dies to 3 anti-tank rounds

You do realize that the shell switching is probably not gonna carry over to the UKF, right?
3 Apr 2019, 08:01 AM

Tiger behind all trucks...while all other faction can get their heavy callins free-tech. Makes sense....
3 Apr 2019, 17:57 PM

You do realize that the shell switching is probably not gonna carry over to the UKF, right?

Don’t know why it wouldn’t. If I’m not mistaken here the Soviet Sherman gets to switch between AP and HVAP. It might lose its top gun though. Even then the regular Sherman with AP would still preform better in my opinion than the M10 just because of their HP difference. The M10 was also super rare and feels out of place
3 Apr 2019, 18:43 PM

I'm not too sure how the Forward Repair HQ is going to work out in terms of usefulness - how is it going to be any different from old Soviet/Brit FHQ? I feel like it's either going to be super fking obnoxious on certain maps or a complete joke on others because you can only upgrade some random wooden shack that's going to get flattened as soon as you upgrade it. I feel like you at least need the option to have a regular non-concrete bunker version of repair pioneers that mirrors the Soviet Industry repairs.
3 Apr 2019, 18:58 PM

Not a fan of the soviet rocket strike, or the vehicles for the British.

• The rockets are too unreliable, too easy to dodge, thus do to little reliable effect for the cost. The only reliable way to use em is to sac a T-34.

Wasnt there an unused ability that called in 2 cheap weaker T-34s? Maybe throw that in there so we have some ramming fodder to pair with it, rather than killing off their best non-TDs, which are in rough enough shape to begin with.

• The M5... Im just not seeing a use for them to be honest. For an AEC alternate, the Stuart would be much more fitting. I've never actually had one be any more effective than their T1 cart with a vickers/wasp, which you can get cheaper and earlier without tech. Maybe I'm just using them wrong.

The M10 is ok, but I just have a hard time choosing it over a cromwell or just waiting a little more for a firefly. I dont think British really need more T3 tank options, as they have pelenty out-of-the-box. I'd rather borrow an ability like assault, smoke raid, or the 4cp HQ-25pnder strike... or really any mid-early ability to force a choice of munition spending between it and the smg packages.

Have not tried the others yet.
4 Apr 2019, 17:28 PM

remove m5 and replace with off map arty might be better. the usf priest commander 's time on target arty look perfect. can rename it if needed.
not sure why ukf need m10 while there is cromwell/ff already. m8 maybe a better choice it can encourage people to pick between m8 and aec at role / ai role.
4 Apr 2019, 18:36 PM

Tiger behind all trucks...while all other faction can get their heavy callins free-tech. Makes sense....

Yup, it's time to do something about heavy tank call-ins across the whole board, once and for all
4 Apr 2019, 18:58 PM
Patrion 26

remove m5 and replace with off map arty might be better. the usf priest commander 's time on target arty look perfect. can rename it if needed.
not sure why ukf need m10 while there is cromwell/ff already. m8 maybe a better choice it can encourage people to pick between m8 and aec at role / ai role.

I agree. The M5 is too weak to be useful and the M10 feels redundent in a faction that has plenty of decent tanks.

Swapping them for art and M8 would improve the commander a lot.
4 Apr 2019, 19:43 PM

I agree. The M5 is too weak to be useful and the M10 feels redundent in a faction that has plenty of decent tanks.

Swapping them for art and M8 would improve the commander a lot.

The M10 is a solid tank destroyer against mediums. The Firefly is slow-firing and expensive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★