Login

russian armor

panzer fusilier needs adjustments

25 Mar 2019, 23:06 PM

due to making it possible to use it at 0 cp. it looks like pnzerfusiliers at nade should stick to the first tier upgrade. or there will be no hope for the early vehis. cuz. you cancombine rak and panzer fusilier(it had mp biff too) with easy.
i think this will end the usf.
25 Mar 2019, 23:12 PM

Made a similar post. I think it's an oversight too. But the balance team tends to err to the strong side when it comes to OKW xD
25 Mar 2019, 23:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I fail to see how a doctrinal unit to counter a stock unit with no viable counter at that time is going to end USF(?) I don't get why USF. Sounds like a soviet clown car issue.
25 Mar 2019, 23:20 PM

AT grenade is fine.

The rakketen argument being T0 mean very little, if faust was move to building and rakketen to setup truck the OKW would be in a much better place.
25 Mar 2019, 23:27 PM

I fail to see how a doctrinal unit to counter a stock unit with no viable counter at that time is going to end USF(?) I don't get why USF. Sounds like a soviet clown car issue.

Ending or not, there is lack of consistency.
Even partisans, who are not 0cp require AT nades upgrade before using them and being doctrinal apparently doesn't help there.
Osttruppen as well require T1 for their faust access.
OKW is a big boy now, no need for these training wheels.
0 CP unit should not have instant access to utility tool that is delayed to keep very early game in check for the faction.
25 Mar 2019, 23:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

So in 1v1s, brits use the UC and soviets use the m3 against OKW as a crutch. These units are generally more efficient than their cost would imply against OKW (im referring to in the early game, where snares are not available for OKW). This crutch is necessary and these units need to be good for their cost so that these two factions can survive against OKWs early game. The thinking is that if OKW no longer has an oppressive early game because they went panzerfusiliers instead of volks (who have weaker rifles and will also have their cost increased in the next iteration of the preview), then UKF and sov no longer need the early vehicle power that they do.

More concretely, when you're playing soviets, you get an m3 because it can bully volks and because penal spam alone doesn't come online fast enough (you dont get enough squads out fast enough, that is) to match OKW's flood of infantry. However, if OKW is not flooding the field with the competent early infantry they are, then vehicles don't need to have the room that they currently have to work with. Grens having fausts works fine because ostheer doesn't have a strong early game and therefore the allied factions don't need to crutch on light vehicles against them. The thinking is similar for panzerfusilier OKW.

edit: Imagine having your mainline infantry be clobbered by penals AND defenseless against vehicles. Volks mainly only suffer from the latter.
26 Mar 2019, 00:19 AM

Not like the 1st truck comes at the 8 minute mark... you can build using manpower saved by only having to pay 250mp for infantry while the brits are spending 30mp more a squad and Soviet are spending 50mp more (or 10mp less off the bat then making up for that "savings" in straight up combat losses by using a vastly inferior squad) Its not like popping the truck delays teching at all, just nap control and against all the allied factions okw already has that advantage. Change up your BO slightly to address the current situation.
26 Mar 2019, 01:23 AM

Not like the 1st truck comes at the 8 minute mark... you can build using manpower saved by only having to pay 250mp for infantry while the brits are spending 30mp more a squad and Soviet are spending 50mp more (or 10mp less off the bat then making up for that "savings" in straight up combat losses by using a vastly inferior squad) Its not like popping the truck delays teching at all, just nap control and against all the allied factions okw already has that advantage. Change up your BO slightly to address the current situation.

j4j basically confirmed they are getting a price increase so I think Pfus will be fine after that.

-"who have weaker rifles and will also have their cost increased in the next iteration of the preview"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★