Remove decrew from the WC51?
Option Distribution Votes
6%
33%
62%
Total votes: 159
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Mar 2019, 14:00 PM

Time to talk about everyone's favourite jeep!

I think it's a reasonable consensus now that the WC51 is a good unit. 200 MP 0 FU capping clown car in a commander with CQC infantry? That's a powerful combination.

So now that the unit's proven itself, can we cut the crap from it?

Back in the old DBP revamp, the lead designer was convinced the WC51 needed to be relevant in the late game, so it got Mark Target stuck to it. When 155m Artillery was cut from the commander, it got bolted to the jeep too.

These abilities are out of place on the jeep, and it's throughly proven its worth just as a jeep. Can we finally cut this out-of-place command tank chaff from it?

I've also tossed in another idea I had a while ago if the jeep needs an actual nerf: ditch the decrew like the Calliope and Pershing. The Clown Car and UC are countered by damaging them so much they have to run back to the engineers and heal up. The WC51 is cheaper than them both and can hide behind a bush and heal itself.

I don't know if such a nerf is necessary, but it'd give you more counterplay to the WC51 opening if the Rear Echelons need to come over to fix it, and it'd give you more reason to build the neglected M3 later, which serves a similar role but does have decrew self-repair.
25 Mar 2019, 14:14 PM

I think mark target is fine, gives some utility late game.

155 mm arty being linked to the unit doesn't make much sense tho.
25 Mar 2019, 14:21 PM

I think mark target is fine, gives some utility late game.

155 mm arty being linked to the unit doesn't make much sense tho.

Doesn't it have that from being a capping car? Even the Kubel has a use if it survives to the late game: it caps faster than an infantry squad and that infantry squad is freed up to fight for territory.

As for having a reason to build it late on, the Kubel, Clown Car and Universal Carrier don't have that and two of those are as metagame-favoured as they come.
25 Mar 2019, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 14:21 PMLago

Doesn't it have that from being a capping car?

Meh wouldn't call that a big utility alone, sure is helpful
25 Mar 2019, 14:35 PM

Are those abilities really an issue? It's quite rare to see a WC51 make it to the late game in the first place.
25 Mar 2019, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 14:35 PMjasorm
Are those abilities really an issue? It's quite rare to see a WC51 make it to the late game in the first place.

If they're irrelevant, they're unnecessary complication.
25 Mar 2019, 14:39 PM

Nah I think it should stay as it is. It's kinda funny actually and it reminds me of the Jeep Hero from "Operation: Assault" in CoH1
25 Mar 2019, 14:43 PM

The decrew being removed from the priest and calliope was a measure to prevent them from being decrewed while the barrages were on coodown. uSF vehicles of any weights being able to pop out, trade crews and repair is their schtick.

The artillery barrage I don't want to see removed purely because its better on the jeep than as an offmap. Overwatch has shown us that triple abilities in one bundle isn't out of the question, so mech getting it off the jerp and back into the commander slots isn't hard. Seems a needless buff, though? Better to have it tied to a light unit with some incentive to preserve it in the late gane.

Mark target is an odd one, but it only gives an accuracy buff. But the mechanized commander having abilities that pivot around the availability, and support, of their vehicles? I like that! Having jeeps and halftracks around, supporting and letting me benefit from combined arms, seems like a super thrmatic touch to try promote the style of play the commander is named after.
25 Mar 2019, 15:26 PM

The decrewing part made the most sense, its true that USF has the "perk" of vehicles crews, but on jeep its just too much and as you said overshadows M3.

I voted to remove mark target but to still have 155mm to give jeep a lategame prupose, recon and offmap, risky but rewarding
25 Mar 2019, 15:28 PM

I voted to remove mark target but to still have 155mm to give jeep a lategame prupose, recon and offmap, risky but rewarding

Does it need one? The Kubelwagen, Universal Carrier and Clown Car don't, and the WC51 is by far the cheapest for what you get.
25 Mar 2019, 15:31 PM

I do not know if jeep needs a lategame prupose, im just ok with it having it. Its good to reward players when they are able to hold fragile units alive.
Maybe the answer is it does not need it, but since it has it just leave it.
25 Mar 2019, 15:33 PM

No offense, but

Wishful thinking:
I do not know if jeep needs a lategame prupose, im just ok with it having it. Its good to reward players when they are able to hold fragile units alive.

Reality: 99% of the time wc dies at minute 10 and mechanized effectively lacks 155 mm barrage

25 Mar 2019, 16:21 PM

No offense, but

Wishful thinking:

Reality: 99% of the time wc dies at minute 10 and mechanized effectively lacks 155 mm barrage

And I'm fine with that. Occasionally I do buy a new one late game and just don't give it the MG. Useful for dropping the abilities and can ferry a squad around for capping duties or swatting away infiltrating troops.

It fits the mechnaized theme.
25 Mar 2019, 16:58 PM

i really wish the 155 arty was normal doctrinal ability. Its one of the very few "typical" artillery barrages and its very good for its cost, but its hard to utilize because of being tied to the jeep.
25 Mar 2019, 17:22 PM

The WC51 is one of few cars worth rebuilding in late game. Once you opponent built Tiger, Elephant or JTS you should immediately rebuilt it for mark target.

One can even use it to land cav riflemen next to axis Super heavies.

It laso has a LOS of 50 and can be used for spotting.
25 Mar 2019, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 17:22 PMVipper
The WC51 is one of few cars worth rebuilding in late game. Once you opponent built Tiger, Elephant or JTS you should immediately rebuilt it for mark target.

One can even use it to land cav riflemen next to axis Super heavies.

It laso has a LOS of 50 and can be used for spotting.

Okay, driving it AT a super heavy is a one way ticket to both it and half the squad dying.

The rest is all true, though. The mark may not give any bonus damage, but not missing is a good thing!

(Quite useful when you throw it on a Luchs, even, given the small target size)
25 Mar 2019, 17:51 PM

Okay, driving it AT a super heavy is a one way ticket to both it and half the squad dying.

The rest is all true, though. The mark may not give any bonus damage, but not missing is a good thing!

(Quite useful when you throw it on a Luchs, even, given the small target size)

Mark target ability has a range of 60.

Mark Target

Deploys a recon plane while target vehicles receives -25% armour and +25% received accuracy.
Ability on global cooldown.
Costs 40 munitions

it can safely be used behind shot blocker and it extremely good vs all vehicles.

If a super heavy fire on WC51 it one shot less vs your other vehicles and one that good chance to miss vs 14 Target size vehicle.

I have used the unit and it very effective late game.

25 Mar 2019, 18:41 PM

i think kubel should have been given something like that late game or even mid. since i throw them on purpose after 10 to 15 min in game
26 Mar 2019, 02:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 18:41 PMDAZ187
i think kubel should have been given something like that late game or even mid. since i throw them on purpose after 10 to 15 min in game

Dont even think about it, OKM is not worth any more buffs or else people here in the forums will say you real mean things to you and your ideas.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★