Login

russian armor

Dodging Fausts By Hoping Out of Jeep

21 Mar 2019, 18:06 PM

Hi All,

Anyone notice that you can dodge fausts by just hoping your riflemen/cav rifleman out of the jeep right when the faust animation begins? Basically, your rifleman will take the faust hit killing a couple of models and then you can hop back in the jeep and continue. Pretty broken.

ddd
21 Mar 2019, 18:11 PM

Yes. And if you have really bad luck one faust can kill all 5 models, wiping your squad. Been there done that.
21 Mar 2019, 18:53 PM

The only time I did this was by accident and I also lost a full rifle squad like ddd. It might be one of those things that can't be fixed, but given the potential consequences I don't think its THAT big a deal.

21 Mar 2019, 19:08 PM

It is a big deal because it makes the decision completely random for both players. Either you lose the squad and keep the jeep or keep the jeep and lose a few models. In both cases, the jeep doesn't die which was the original point of the faust. Sure, it's not important when the jeep is vastly outplayed but in an even match up you can't land the kill or even a simple broken engine which is the original goal.
22 Mar 2019, 04:16 AM

If the snare bug were on the allied side, there would be at least 8 threads about it. But its no big deal if its on axis side.

This should be fixed as it is a BUG and an unintended mechanic. Period.
22 Mar 2019, 05:03 AM

Of course it should be fixed. My only point was its very uncommon.

And bug fixing is not biased one way or the other...
22 Mar 2019, 05:21 AM

Bug fixing is not biased, but those who claim the fix might be
22 Mar 2019, 07:56 AM

pretty sure it IS an unbiased bug. i saw a video a little back where a 250HT got sticky satcheled and the squad hopped out and it was stuck to a model who retreated and the HT was spared

probably a byproduct of units inside being able to be hit by small arms meaning they are target-able. worth testing if where you click makes a difference when snaring a transport
22 Mar 2019, 09:13 AM

If the snare bug were on the allied side, there would be at least 8 threads about it. But its no big deal if its on axis side.

This should be fixed as it is a BUG and an unintended mechanic. Period.

Have you ever tried to AT nade 250 carrying troops?
AT nade targets troops.
22 Mar 2019, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 09:13 AMKatitof

Have you ever tried to AT nade 250 carrying troops?
AT nade targets troops.

The first paragraph was intended to respond someone else "pointed out" about this bug not being a big deal to shutdown the previous argument. I find this bug simply annoying because ive seen it already on both sides...

Btw darkarmadillo mentioned a sticky satchel bug on troops and that must have been hilarious, To see them explode to smithereens.
22 Mar 2019, 10:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This has been a known bug for a while. There have been videos on trending about a Panzerfaust wiping a squad of Flamer CEs and a Penal Satchel stuck to a Panzergrenadier squad.

So far, I have not yet come across a person who is able to fix this bug.
22 Mar 2019, 10:41 AM

So far, I have not yet come across a person who is able to fix this bug.

We did recently manage to figure out what causes it. Hopefully we'll be able to fix it soon.
22 Mar 2019, 16:39 PM

The first paragraph was intended to respond someone else "pointed out" about this bug not being a big deal to shutdown the previous argument. I find this bug simply annoying because ive seen it already on both sides...

Then why'd you just say that "IF this was on the allied side there'd be 8 threads about it"?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★