Scatter offset to 0
Minimum range removed.
AA chance from 17% to 24%
Veterancy 2 AA chance from 24% to 40%

StuG III G
Target size from 20 to 17
Rotation rate from 22 to 28

Panzergrenadiers

Medical kits swap for Combined Arms as veterancy 1 passive ability.
Combined Arms ability: Passive ability. Panzergrenadiers gain -10% received accuracy and +20% speed when near vehicles.

Now available from the HQ after Battle Phase 1
Population from 9 to 8
G43 upgrade from 60 to 25.

Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves ver.4

CP 0 Assault Grenadiers
Cost 280/5 pop 26 reinforce
Abilities:
sprint 5sec 10 munition
Model 24 Stielgranate grenade assault (requires BP 1)

Can built:
Bunkers

Upgrades:
Veteran squad Leader (requires BP 3)
Cost:280+26=306/60 mu
Veteran squad leader increases capture and decapture rate by 20%.
Adds -5% Received Accuracy to the squad.

Assault Grenadiers are receiving a small number of changes to help them close the distance and increase their scaling in the late game.

Target Size from 1 to 0.95
Veterancy 1 Received Accuracy from -10% to -6.5%.
Can now be upgraded with a 6th man,a squad leader for 60 munitions.

CP 2 Observation bunker (seem unlocked at 0 in game in the ability bar but it can not be built)
Cost 300mp
Pioneers can now built Observation bunker with the same durability as Defensive Doctrine Concrete Bunkers.
Bunker has 45 sight radius.
Detection Ability:
No cost
90 Secs CD
Reveals enemies on the minimap within 90m of the bunker. 50 second duration. 90s recharge.

Artillery Flares:
Cost 60 Mu
Deploys flares within 60 units of the bunker
Around 40 secs duration
Global Cooldown 60 secs

CP 0 Panzer IV H

Cost 380/140 FU 14 pop
Panzer IV H now available from the HQ; requires either the Support Armor Korp or the Heavy Panzer Korps.

CP 2 (passive)Breakthrough Equipment
Panzer grenadiers can use Model 24 Stielgranate smoke grenade
Cost 15mu

Pioneer can now upgrade Support package
Cost 30mu
Can throw satchel charge for 45 MU
Can use ability destroy cover
Increases repair speed by 0.3.

CP 15 Tiger Ace
Cost 800/250fu 24 pop

Now starts at veterancy 1.
Abilities
Spearhead ability, Turret rotates faster but only 90 degrees, gain increased sight
Blitzkrieg
Emergency Repairs ability

Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves ver.3
Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves ver.2

Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves ver.1

21 Mar 2019, 14:19 PM

Pls Fix the PzIV rear armor, there is no reason to have lower armor than Ostheer PzIV. This is probably due to an oversight when "armor upgrade" was removed from OKW call-in.
21 Mar 2019, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 14:19 PMVipper
Pls Fix the PzIV rear armor, there is no reason to have lower armor than Ostheer PzIV. This is probably due to an oversight when "armor upgrade" was removed from OKW call-in.

Good point.

My feedback about "Strategic Reserves":

Im really happy about the current version, really good job so far, mod team!
Now let my nitpicking begin;):

• TigerAce: I like most changes and i completely support the decision to not give the unit some sort of aura buffs.
    Maybe you could lower the MP cost to 750/720, fuel cost is fine. Maybe you could also lower the CP requirements to 14 at least in the 1.1 mod version. If the change would be problematic you can increase it back to 15.
    And would it be possible to give the Ace the command panther skin? Right now the unit looks like a unit from Warhammer40k:)

• Breakthrough Equipment: Stark and Ethereal Dragon already mentioned it: Pzgrens dont need satchel and bundle nade.
    My suggestion:
  • Pzgrens get sticky satchel (exclusive with Schreck upgrade) or Smoke grenade
    or
  • Pios get satchel

• "Radio": I really hope the ability stays, it's the basis of the whole doctrine. What are your ideas about a potential rework?

• Commander Portrait: I know its early but if you need a commander portrait pls use the amazing work of RitaRush:
    https://www.coh2.org/topic/86882/which-portraits-will-the-upcoming-new-commanders-use/post/727632

The tank commander fits so good to the theme of the doctrine... and what can be better than to give a community made commander a community made commander portrait?

21 Mar 2019, 17:29 PM
Donator 11

Don't know why people like the P4 callin, its almost identical to the stock P4 and people are happy about this from possibly the last commander we will ever receive?

Please buff the stock Tiger AI or give it more health.
21 Mar 2019, 17:35 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't especially like the p4 calling either. Germans used a lot of enemy tanks. How about a t34 callin for 300/80
21 Mar 2019, 18:08 PM

My only idea here is to give the commander the Forward Supply Station ability, it would even out the playing field with the Soviet Airborne because now they get a forward retreat point and the much needed repairs which the Ost is lacking, especially with the health of the Tiger and more so with the PZ IV H/J being added now.
21 Mar 2019, 18:11 PM

My only idea here is to give the commander the Forward Supply Station ability, it would even out the playing field with the Soviet Airborne because now they get a forward retreat point and the much needed repairs which the Ost is lacking, especially with the health of the Tiger and more so with the PZ IV H/J being added now.

Assets for it are already in the game so it would be a good and possible idea to use it.
21 Mar 2019, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 18:11 PMFarlon

Assets for it are already in the game so it would be a good and possible idea to use it.

Yeah and it kinda makes sense for the theme of the commander when you think about it, I mean a strategic reserve needs somewhere to rally, right?
21 Mar 2019, 18:39 PM

Sorry for the double post but I got a nice new unique idea for the Panzergrenadiers as well.

Instead of satchels give them the "Urban Assault" package upgrade which turns them into the Urban Assault PG unit from the same doctrine as the Forward Supply Station. Just an idea.
21 Mar 2019, 18:50 PM

Sorry for the double post but I got a nice new unique idea for the Panzergrenadiers as well.

Instead of satchels give them the "Urban Assault" package upgrade which turns them into the Urban Assault PG unit from the same doctrine as the Forward Supply Station. Just an idea.

I really toyed with this idea and it was in all but the final concept design. Reason for why it did not make it to the final version:
- Only Pios have access to Flamethrowers (same for all factions)
- Pzgrens with Stg44 and flamers would probably to strong.

I also thought about giving the Pzgrens the "Offensive package": They would trade their 4&Stg44 to 4&MP40 and flamethrower and could get an additional squad member. But i was and still am not sure if that would work or even be good.

21 Mar 2019, 19:05 PM

I suppose one option to replace Radio Intercept if it's unsalvageable would be Counterattack Tactics from Mobile Defense or Breakthrough for faster capping. - it would fit in as an Early CP ability that's thematically appropriate for a Reserves Unit that is counterattacking to regain territory.
21 Mar 2019, 19:07 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Change:

Panzer 4 J for Panzer 2 call in (with vehicle detection ability and vet1 camo).
21 Mar 2019, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 19:07 PMnigo
Change:

Panzer 4 J for Panzer 2 call in (with vehicle detection ability and vet1 camo).

I don't think that's a good idea, call-ins are pretty cancerous as they are and light vehicle call-ins would be even worse. + current Panzer 4 J uses Wehrmacht skins, Panzer 2 probably wouldn't.
21 Mar 2019, 19:10 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 19:08 PMFarlon

I don't think that's a good idea, call-ins are pretty cancerous as they are and light vehicle call-ins would be even worse. + current Panzer 4 J uses Wehrmacht skins, Panzer 2 probably wouldn't.

So make buidable. Wher needs something more durable than a paper 222 Scout Car.
21 Mar 2019, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 18:50 PMSmartie

I really toyed with this idea and it was in all but the final concept design. Reason for why it did not make it to the final version:
- Only Pios have access to Flamethrowers (same for all factions)
- Pzgrens with Stg44 and flamers would probably to strong.

I also thought about giving the Pzgrens the "Offensive package": They would trade their 4&Stg44 to 4&MP40 and flamethrower and could get an additional squad member. But i was and still am not sure if that would work or even be good.

I don't think they need to give them flamethrowers, just a 5th dude with an StG and maybe incorporate the "survivability" upgrade that the original UA PGs had instead in here would be good into turning this unit into a more specialized "Breakthrough" urban close quarters unit that's also more survivable.

Altho then they might have a bit of an overlap with the Assault Grenadiers but it would certainly give you an option, either go with the early Ass Grens or wait up with regular MG42 Grens and then get specialized Urban Assault PGs.

It's all about giving the player more options, similar to the new OKW commander where you can get both a new unit (the PFs) and an upgrade for the Volks altho the roles are a bit reversed here.
21 Mar 2019, 19:44 PM

1. replace radio intercept with spotting scopes.
2. replace Breakthrough Equipment with veteran squad leaders from Infantry Doctrine (it's a very good designed ability and it should be used more)
21 Mar 2019, 20:19 PM

I like the change to Assault Grenadiers but am also hoping for just a little bit more utility. When I use AGs, I tend to skip Tier 1 (as I would expect most other people to do the same). This results in having no way to snare enemy vehicles, which I am mostly fine with.

Can we give them the Blendkorper Grenade that OKW has? Have it unlockable with Battle Phase 1 like their other grenade. They don't already have smoke, and that would help deal with early vehicle (bren carrier/jeep/clown car) since they don't have AT capabilities.

"Blendkorper grenades will disable weapons on any vehicle inside in the smoke, but only for as long as the vehicle remains, unlike USF riflemen smoke."
22 Mar 2019, 21:09 PM

What is the "theme" of this commander? I didn't understand what "Strategic Reserves" actually means.
22 Mar 2019, 21:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 21:09 PMBizrock
What is the "theme" of this commander? I didn't understand what "Strategic Reserves" actually means.

My assumption is it implies the "reserves" at this commander's disposal are considered valuable enough that they are regarded as key to ensuring success at a strategic level. E.g. When they mustn't fail (and failure at a strategic level means doom), they bring this commander's stuff.
22 Mar 2019, 22:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 21:27 PMVuther

My assumption is it implies the "reserves" at this commander's disposal are considered valuable enough that they are regarded as key to ensuring success at a strategic level. E.g. When they mustn't fail (and failure at a strategic level means doom), they bring this commander's stuff.

Sounds a lot like the Großdeutschland division since they were also called the "Fire brigade" for going around and plugging gaps and pushing back Soviet breakthroughs altho they were a Mechanized formation.

When I read reserve I think of the Osttruppen for some reason.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
United States 2
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %