Login

russian armor

USF Urban Assault -Feedback

PAGES (17)down
3 Apr 2019, 16:21 PM

USF - Urban Assault ver. 3
In my opinion:

CP 0 Rear Echelon Rifle Grenades

The ability is simply too strong for Rear echelons who no longer feel like rear echelons.
They currently have Rifle-grenades, smoke and volley fire.

R.E. are now turned into a more mobile mortar able to attack provide smoke and attack ground while being able to suppress...

Once in garrison they difficult to dislodge, while in pit they can fire 2 rifle-grenades and can squad wipe.

They are very effective vs lmg grenadier forcing them to move and lose DPS or cover.

Suggestions:
Upgrade should take up all weapon slot
Move ability to riflemen and swap it with flamers from riflemen company

CP 0 Renamed Urban Assault Kit

Incendiary Grenades too strong in riflemen.
M4A3 Shermans can now fire a single WP shell at the target position for 20 munitions.
This ability seem very strong vs Paks.

Suggestions:
Move molotov to Rangers
WP should be redesign to do damage vs garrison and not vs units in the open.

CP 3 Rangers
Unit is OP compared to PG for about the same manpower cost.

Suggestions:
Consider removing the damage reduction, reducing the Thompson DPS at range 15-20, removing extra slot.
Or one can tone them down and move them to CP 2.

CP 5 Cover to Cover
Ability seems a better version of tactical movement.
Could increase the power level of USF blobs, far better ability than fire it up.

CP 10 Calliope
The unit is rather difficult to counter and not really good in urban map.

Suggestions:
Replace with Dozer
3 Apr 2019, 16:47 PM

I'm not sure someone would like their Molotovs to be available at CP3, not on a nerfed unit, that already requires 90 to be worth calling in.

Why would you nerf WP like that?
It's supposed to be strong vs static positions, buildings included, it does about 40 hp dmg and doesn't kill.

That's the whole point, it costs more than a BAR in munitions, I don't see the issue.

Rocket Artillery that is durable is good in Urban Maps, I'm not sure where anyone got this idea, Urban Maps tend to have chokepoints that you can easily smoke your Calliope with cover to cover, fill the area with rockets and then rush in.
3 Apr 2019, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 16:21 PMVipper
In my opinion:

CP 0 Rear Echelon Rifle Grenades

The ability is simply too strong for Rear echelons who no longer feel like rear echelons.
They currently have Rifle-grenades, smoke and volley fire.

R.E. are now turned into a more mobile mortar able to attack provide smoke and attack ground while being able to suppress...

Once in garrison they difficult to dislodge, while in pit they can fire 2 rifle-grenades and can squad wipe.

They are very effective vs lmg grenadier forcing them to move and lose DPS or cover.

Suggestions:
Upgrade should take up all weapon slot
Move ability to riflemen and swap it with flamers from riflemen company

CP 0 Renamed Urban Assault Kit

Incendiary Grenades too strong in riflemen.
M4A3 Shermans can now fire a single WP shell at the target position for 20 munitions.
This ability seem very strong vs Paks.

Suggestions:
Move molotov to Rangers
WP should be redesign to do damage vs garrison and not vs units in the open.

CP 3 Rangers

Suggestions:
Consider removing the damage reduction, reducing the Thompson DPS at range 15-20, removing extra slot.

CP 5 Cover to Cover
Ability seems a better version of tactical movement.
Could increase the power level of USF blobs, far better ability than fire it up.

CP 10 Calliope
The unit is rather difficult to counter and not really good in urban map.

Suggestions:
Replace with Dozer

Agreed with most, but the doctrine already has the dozer blade upgrade so adding the 105 with the dozer would be an overlap. Maybe they could replace the Calliope with the E8 and give it the dozer upgrade?
3 Apr 2019, 17:35 PM

Agreed with most, but the doctrine already has the dozer blade upgrade so adding the 105 with the dozer would be an overlap. Maybe they could replace the Calliope with the E8 and give it the dozer upgrade?

I would simply add a the Dozer and replace the Blades with a timed ability increasing the DPS from and against garrison or a some sort reckon.

Reckon could anything from a plane to flares from mortars and pack howitzers.

Easy8 simply belongs to another commander like armor.
3 Apr 2019, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 17:35 PMVipper

I would simply add a the Dozer and replace the Blades with a timed ability increasing the DPS from and against garrison or a some sort reckon.

It really does probably belong in another commander but sadly we're not sure if they'll have a 3rd commander revamp or if they'll make new commanders after these so this might be the last chance for probably both Rifle Company and the E8.

3 Apr 2019, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 17:35 PMVipper

Recon for usf is not a great idea just cuz they already have the major recon. It'd be like giving a callin hmg34 to ostheer (so a waste of a slot).

I'd like if the dozer upgrade either gave extra armor in addition to the 80hp boost and/or had a toggle for the crush and speed reduction like coh1. As it is, I feel like giving them the dozer blade is counter intuitive since the speed reduction really makes it a sitting duck especially once panthers (which are way faster than dozer shermans) hit the field. I just don't see the point in slowing down a relatively lightly armored tank (as far as armor as a whole goes). And before someone complains that a straight hp and armor upgrade would be OP, remember that the ost P4 and both panthers and brummbar get the exact same thing with vet, and dozer blades are a doctrinal ability.

I don't think it's a huge issue that riflemen get incendiary nades given that OKW have incendiary nades on volks and can get the grenade assault with scavenge or spec ops doctrine (so it mirors having 1 nondoc nade and one doctrinal ability nade at the same time).
3 Apr 2019, 20:24 PM

Recon for usf is not a great idea just cuz they already have the major recon. It'd be like giving a callin hmg34 to ostheer (so a waste of a slot).

I'd like if the dozer upgrade either gave extra armor in addition to the 80hp boost and/or had a toggle for the crush and speed reduction like coh1. As it is, I feel like giving them the dozer blade is counter intuitive since the speed reduction really makes it a sitting duck especially once panthers (which are way faster than dozer shermans) hit the field. I just don't see the point in slowing down a relatively lightly armored tank (as far as armor as a whole goes). And before someone complains that a straight hp and armor upgrade would be OP, remember that the ost P4 and both panthers and brummbar get the exact same thing with vet, and dozer blades are a doctrinal ability.

I don't think it's a huge issue that riflemen get incendiary nades given that OKW have incendiary nades on volks and can get the grenade assault with scavenge or spec ops doctrine (so it mirors having 1 nondoc nade and one doctrinal ability nade at the same time).

Ostheer PzIV, Panther and Brumbar get only armor as bonus not armor and HP. And the armor bonuses they get has very little affect since the heavy TDs get bigger penetration bonuses.

I personally use the Dozer upgrade many times since it allow the unit to survive 2 AT weapons firing together.

I am generally against incendiary grenades in mainline infatry. Imo it should be available do specialized units to make them more attractive.
3 Apr 2019, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 20:24 PMVipper

Ostheer PzIV, Panther and Brumbar get only armor as bonus not armor and HP. And the armor bonuses they get has very little affect since the heavy TDs get bigger penetration bonuses.

I personally use the Dozer upgrade many times since it allow the unit to survive 2 AT weapons firing together.

I am generally against incendiary grenades in mainline infatry. Imo it should be available do specialized units to make them more attractive.

Right forgot that got changed (it used to right?). Still, its a pretty big tradeoff that is useful in that scenario you brought up but its oftentimes better to just be that much faster and be able to back out before you even take a second volley. You won't be outrunning anything except a pak or pgrens at max range with the dozer blade, and that'll oftentimes get shermans killed. I really don't see why there shouldn't be a toggle for the blade like in coh1.

I agree with that sentiment but that's currently not the case, and I don't think they're going to take incendiary nades off of volks anytime soon. Volks' nade assault doesn't even share a cooldown with their normal incendiary nade. The riflemen's incendiary also seems a bit overpriced if it's the same as a molotov (although the riflemen's throw animation is significantly shorter).

On an unrelated note, the mod reverts usf back to the pre-tech changes patch tech structure lol (50 fuel LT and 60 fuel capt). Could use a fix just to make it a bit more properly usable/testable.
Just noticed I had accidently picked a tuning pack so I'm guessing that's what caused that. Didn't bother to confirm that though.

Also, just picking the commander locks rear echelons out of using smoke even if they don't have the riflenade launcher. Is not having smoke on the riflenade upgraded squads intended?

Edit: It also locks officers out of smoke too. No smoke at all lol.
3 Apr 2019, 21:25 PM

Jeez, no wonder it's so hard to find people playing USF in the mod, buggy.

I still think Urban Assault Kit should just be Dozer Blades and WP Shells.
3 Apr 2019, 21:31 PM

Calliope still seems pretty aggressively meh too. Doesn't really fire that many rockets and also spaces them out pretty far (timewise). At least the rockets are fairly effective when they actually hit stuff lol. It's also still the most expensive rocket arty and takes 15 popcap (probably too much IMO). Literally the only thing it's got going for it is health, but its also super slow (only the land mattress is slower lol). Couple that with slow riflemen snares and lack of real mines and its probably not super hard to dive (which would be fine if it wasn't so lackluster offensively).
3 Apr 2019, 22:31 PM

Calliope still seems pretty aggressively meh too. Doesn't really fire that many rockets and also spaces them out pretty far (timewise). At least the rockets are fairly effective when they actually hit stuff lol. It's also still the most expensive rocket arty and takes 15 popcap (probably too much IMO). Literally the only thing it's got going for it is health, but its also super slow (only the land mattress is slower lol). Couple that with slow riflemen snares and lack of real mines and its probably not super hard to dive (which would be fine if it wasn't so lackluster offensively).

They can always adjust it's cost and popcap too.
Remember it gets speed at vet1! (Barrage CD at every level too)
At least we now have RE mines, which you'll likely have 2 for sweeper and rifle nades to plant those, not the best not the worst.
3 Apr 2019, 22:35 PM

They can always adjust it's cost and popcap too.
Remember it gets speed at vet1! (Barrage CD at every level too)
At least we now have RE mines, which you'll likely have 2 for sweeper and rifle nades to plant those, not the best not the worst.

Yeah I'm not so worried about its defensibility, I just think its not really good enough offensively, especially with how much it costs. It's got no specific merits: doesn't have a particularly large salvo size, not particularly accurate, and doesn't fire particularly fast either. And again, it's still the most expensive rocket arty piece by a bit.
3 Apr 2019, 22:37 PM

Yeah I'm not so worried about its defensibility, I just think its not really good enough offensively, especially with how much it costs. It's got no specific merits: doesn't have a particularly large salvo size, not particularly accurate, and doesn't fire particularly fast either. And again, it's still the most expensive rocket arty piece by a bit.

As always, it's still limping for the massive ammount of nerfs it sustained, like removing the crew and increasing the popcap too.
3 Apr 2019, 22:52 PM

As always, it's still limping for the massive ammount of nerfs it sustained, like removing the crew and increasing the popcap too.

Removing disembark from Calliope was the right decision it was being abused consistently.
4 Apr 2019, 02:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 22:52 PMVipper

Removing disembark from Calliope was the right decision it was being abused consistently.

Yeah I don't think a rocket arty unit should be able to decrew between salvos. Too much of a no-brainer and it is essentially abuse. However, it clearly needs a lower popcap now and some offensive buffs because it's really not worth building at all.
4 Apr 2019, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 16:21 PMVipper

CP 3 Rangers

Suggestions:

Replace with Dozer

Ranger dont have any utility skill and only have "damage reduce"

u just want make ranger one of dumb unit again

Ranger is just cqc unit, cant spammable, lack of utility unit

he is just A-click idiot unit

u want make Ranger nerf, then plz think about What is "lead the way" and find appropriate skill

4 Apr 2019, 13:34 PM

Ranger dont have any utility skill and only have "damage reduce"

u just want make ranger one of dumb unit again

Ranger is just cqc unit, cant spammable, lack of utility unit

he is just A-click idiot unit

u want make Ranger nerf, then plz think about What is "lead the way" and find appropriate skill

I have suggested the lead the way ability for ranger as for most CQC units. A timed ability that reduces that damage taken by these unit (either armor, target size or damage reduction).

Point is that at current price the unit is simply OP.
4 Apr 2019, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 13:34 PMVipper

I have suggested the lead the way ability for ranger as for most CQC units. A timed ability that reduces that damage taken by these unit (either armor, target size or damage reduction).

Point is that at current price the unit is simply OP.

NOT OP

just take down with MG or light armor

timed ability? Why do you need it?

already he have passive ability and that is just fine

Rather, Ranger should be added with other utility skills

Does turning the passive into a timed ability strengthen the "lead the way"? NO

Even the current Ranger is not used much because Ranger has too many limits

4 Apr 2019, 14:46 PM

NOT OP

just take down with MG or light armor

timed ability? Why do you need it?

already he have passive ability and that is just fine

Rather, Ranger should be added with other utility skills

Does turning the passive into a timed ability strengthen the "lead the way"? NO

Even the current Ranger is not used much because Ranger has too many limits

Compare them with PGs and you will see that they are more cost efficient.

QCQ units have proven difficult to balance and they seem to perform either OP or UP.
Timed abilities would allow QCQ to be balance since it would allow them to perform adequately but for a sort duration.
4 Apr 2019, 14:49 PM

I think Rangers are waaay too cheap now, but I never had a problem with their live cost. They're really, really good troops.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS