Login

russian armor

USF Urban Assault -Feedback

PAGES (17)down
30 Mar 2019, 17:44 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised some posts for being offtopic.

This is not a realism thread or a hardcore realistic game. So tone down how much you expect of realism in CoH2
30 Mar 2019, 20:39 PM

Invised some posts for being offtopic.

This is not a realism thread or a hardcore realistic game. So tone down how much you expect of realism in CoH2

This is true.

Gameplay is more important than realism, but realism in gameplay helps with immersion. Better immersion in turn makes the game more fun, especially for casual players and in the end we are all here because we like the game and have fun playing it.

30 Mar 2019, 21:07 PM
Patrion 14

Whether it fits the theme perfectly or not, the E8 (or 101) would be a better fit than the calliope.

Calliope, Priest and Land Mattress are more important in team games, however in those matches (above 2v2) gimmicky commanders have little to no role to play since the early game is severely compressed. Below the bigger team games, the calliope is not used often (in part due to how bad it performs/performed and due to the fact that it has much less of a role to play).

The commander is undoubtedly more on the gimmicky side of things, which already makes it unattractive for large team games. Then adding the calliope just makes it an attempt at a weird split between 1v1/2v2 and the larger team modes, where the commander isn't attractive in either.

As others have mentioned, the WP round on the normal sherman might be a bit of an overkill and therefore it could be given to the E8 as a vet1 ability (exclusively for this commander) similar to the Comet.
31 Mar 2019, 21:05 PM

The commander is interesting, but it lacks something. The WP doesn't really add anything that USF doesn't already have.

I agree with the other posts about adding the E8 to the doctrine.
ddd
31 Mar 2019, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 21:05 PMFarlion
The commander is interesting, but it lacks something. The WP doesn't really add anything that USF doesn't already have.

I agree with the other posts about adding the E8 to the doctrine.

Add easy8, replace smoke barrage with wp shell (like comet). Now it fits perfectly t urban assault and is different from stock sherman.

EDIT: Before some1 says its OP, imagine what you are doing adding wp shell to HE sherman, that is really annoying to play against. Easy8 + wp shell would be perfect trade off and way less broken.
31 Mar 2019, 21:41 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 21:14 PMddd

Add easy8, replace smoke barrage with wp shell (like comet). Now it fits perfectly t urban assault and is different from stock sherman.

EDIT: Before some1 says its OP, imagine what you are doing adding wp shell to HE sherman, that is really annoying to play against. Easy8 + wp shell would be perfect trade off and way less broken.

I think that's certainly worth trying. The calliope doesn't seem to fit the theme and isn't a very popular unit, even with the tweaks.
ddd
31 Mar 2019, 21:45 PM

The calliope doesn't seem to fit the theme and isn't a very popular unit, even with the tweaks.

If they wont bring calliope at least to katyusha level performance wise and treat additional fuel cost as "survivability tax" (considering 140fuel cost) then it cant be called proper rework.
31 Mar 2019, 22:14 PM

As others have mentioned, the WP round on the normal sherman might be a bit of an overkill and therefore it could be given to the E8 as a vet1 ability (exclusively for this commander) similar to the Comet.

Now that's a very good idea

But i still think Calliope could fir it in a bundle.

31 Mar 2019, 22:19 PM

I do think the calliope can use a further buff but I don't think it is the right decision to go for E8 instead. Assuming there will be an useful calliope after playtesting, this commander would have a lot of versatility while an E8 adds not as much to the USF roster it doesn't have in similar form.

In addition I really like the ability "cover to cover". Although USF has a lot of smoke options this is a smoke option you can use everywhere at any time. You do not have other smoke options all the time where you need it urgently. In teamgames you could support the retreat or advance of your mates with it too, you don't need to have troops nearby. For such a small smoke it was just a little bit too expensive before. But with sprint it is perfect for ranger attacks which have no smoke grenade on their own and are sometimes forced into incoming fire (probably their biggest weakness). With "cover to cover" smoke that MG and storm the position asap.

The new Sherman ugrade package and the RE rifle nades give you a lot of wiggy stuff to play around with, not sure if all of this will be worth it, but maybe some of it.

I like the USF Urban Assault exactly as it is, just bring Calliope inline with other rocket artillery (and keep it always more expensive because of greater survivability) and watch out for balance of the RE rifle nades and it it will be perfectly fine if you ask me.
31 Mar 2019, 22:19 PM

What if Calliope could fire its main gun like a T34E1 ?
31 Mar 2019, 22:36 PM

I really don't think USF needs this commander, USF already has 2 types of "urban" commanders (Armor Company n Heavy Cavalry Company) and one with cavalry rifleman that is very effective in urban maps.
31 Mar 2019, 23:39 PM

The Commander was a decent pick before the new bundle, now it's just solid overall with the new additions, you can't understimate how practical is a Commander with Elites and Rocket Artillery can be. This will be USF's Mobible Offense Regiment.
1 Apr 2019, 00:44 AM

They could go the American Armor company route and just add a Pershing instead of the dozers if you ask me.
1 Apr 2019, 03:29 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Please keep your posts in this thread to that of feedback to the proposed commanders per specific thread. Thank you :)
1 Apr 2019, 04:52 AM

-RE Grenades are awesome but might end up being a bit too strong in numbers.
-Urban Assault Kit should be targeted at Shermans with Dozer Blades+WP Shells
(I don't think Riflemen need lava grenades, they are AIDS even with the nerfed fire damage, I don't think it's needed)
-Cover to Cover is AMAZING, it's like On Me! Sprint is back.
-Rangers are always welcome on other Commanders.
-Calliope in a good commander is upmost welcome and likely will be top pick in 2vs2.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS