Login

russian armor

USF Urban Assault -Feedback

PAGES (17)down
27 Apr 2019, 13:11 PM

I'd replace Cover to Cover with a fixed Fire Up.

Sprint is a useful ability. Cover to Cover is overcomplicating things imo, like Smoke Raid Operation.
27 Apr 2019, 13:21 PM

I don't know. Look at smoke pots. It's gimmicky, but it is a very good ability. It both gives you a way to smoke a front/mg or save a tank or you can use it to just gain intel on your opponent. The cheap cost also means that you'll never be in a situation where you will not be able to use it. So, gimmicky doesn't automatically make an ability not being used.

Otherwise they could just turn it into something like the "Assault and Hold" of the German Infantry commander. It's 70 munitions as well, global, increases capping and gives an nice offensive bonus that is worth getting sometimes even if you're not planning on capturing territory.

Or an entirely new ability, like

"Dig in"
US infantry in heavy cover and buildings is instructed to dig in. They receive a -10% (or something more appropriate) to their received accuracy and 10% to their rate of fire.

It could be a passive or an active ability like the Con hurrah for 20 munition for 20 seconds or so. Depending on how it is implemented the bonuses need to be different. A flat passive cannot be very strong.

Fits the urban theme perfectly.

Hmm, I remember getting some sort of "Cover specialization" in the Ardennes Assault campaign where riflemen could build sandbags and got that "Dig in" ability you were talking about. Urban environment does have a lot of cover and I'd enjoy having sandbags on my riflemen instead of relying on REs to build tank traps for such.
27 Apr 2019, 13:31 PM
Patrion 14

Here is a suggestion.

1) make RE rifle nades a commander ability on its own, REs gain the ability to construct sanbags (and normal mines? - just kidding :( )
2) sherman blade upgrade (unchanged) but remove the wp round
3) urban assault equipment (upgrade for rifles):
  • upgrades 3 (?) airborne rifles (M1A1 carbine) (same dps at long, increased at near), locks 1 weapon slot (or 5 and lock both)
  • unlocks the ability to throw molotovs, locks out normal nades
  • "Dig in!" ability (similar to hit the dirt): The ability is toggled and cannot be untoggled for a certain amount of time after it has been activated. Rifles gain a received accuracy/ rate of fire/ accuracy/ damage reduction (one or a combination could be possible) bonus in heavy cover and buildings.

4) Rangers (unchanged)
5) Calliope or replace with the mortar HT
27 Apr 2019, 15:04 PM

Got another game in. Cover to cover seems to miss something. I have to actively force myself to use it and it doesn't seem to be just me as during the games Miragefla was able to set up in yesterday's stream, no one seemed to use it as well.

Smoke is mostly to save a tank or flank/smoke an mg, but in both cases you don't need sprint. So you end up overpaying every time you use it for those purposes, which seem to be the only ones. The increase to three shells also doesn't do much in my book as 3 are as good as 1 shell for those scenarios and increasing the number of shells doesn't help to make the ability more appealing.

20s is also not realistically useable since it's within the radius of the cast ability not global.

My suggestion: lower the cost to 50 munition, make it 1 smoke shell with faster cast time and sprint for units within 30 for 5 seconds. With this the ability is relatively cheap (almost as cheap as smoke pods for the ost commander). The faster cast time makes it overall more useful. Maybe also make it possible to be cast without line of sight.

Honestly, it was much better when it was just a 40 munitions HC smoke, saving munitions helps USF more than a sprint.
27 Apr 2019, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2019, 13:11 PMLago
I'd replace Cover to Cover with a fixed Fire Up.

Sprint is a useful ability. Cover to Cover is overcomplicating things imo, like Smoke Raid Operation.

+1

I'd much rather have a cheap sprint on demand than a clunky smoke ability tacked onto it.

Smoke raid operation is actually kind of useful though because at least it gives really fast cap speed and camo to like all your infantry. Way stronger than cover to cover IMO.
30 Apr 2019, 02:36 AM

Caliope is still a waste of a commander slot. Its rockets lands way too slow, allowing the opponent plenty of time to move their infantry out of the fire zone. If relic wants USF players to use this unit over priest, they need to do sth about its firing speed
30 Apr 2019, 03:13 AM

Caliope is still a waste of a commander slot. Its rockets lands way too slow, allowing the opponent plenty of time to move their infantry out of the fire zone. If relic wants USF players to use this unit over priest, they need to do sth about its firing speed

Priest is pure RNG though, Calliope is much more reliable vs support weapons, it's never going to go back to being what it used to be or like the Axis Rocket Artillery.
30 Apr 2019, 03:21 AM

Every rocket artillery makes signature loud noises to warn the other players, they are not meant to be wipe machines without giving the other player a chance to avoid the strike.
Calliopes fall under that restriction too, otherwise they would break the game and the rocket strike design
30 Apr 2019, 07:41 AM

Try using it at point blank range. It can take 3 shots after all.
30 Apr 2019, 07:46 AM

(saved for later)
30 Apr 2019, 16:08 PM

It's seems cover to cover is very limited in its role. I though of it as a fast advance tactic to attack fortified position. Only problem is that MGs and Bunker out range the sprint circle. They an see you and therefore pinned you assault force and by the time you want to start moving you can't because your a suppressed. And stay suppresed for 10 second and then only have about 7-8 to actually sprint. Seems like it's useless in its current state
30 Apr 2019, 17:39 PM

Cover to cover is not meant to let out of suppression your squads, but to prepare a flanking before your squad gets suppressed
30 Apr 2019, 19:29 PM

But the radius is so close that if you smoke something that can surpress it will surpress the squads that benefit from the sprint.

I'd honestly rollback the cheaper HC Smoke into this Commander.
30 Apr 2019, 20:01 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I have a problem with the sherman WP. With all the buffs the dozer blade gives, there is basically no counter to the WP shells via AT guns. If you fall behind ingame so your opponet has a tank first, the ability just shuts down AT guns. It isn't like regular smoke where you just attack ground through it and use your skill and a bit of luck to guide your shots. You're forced to move your AT guns, and when you displace your at guns, that's when they get cleared.

I really don't think that the HE sherman requires this many buffs or any, I don't see why an armor piece is being given a hard counter to its intended counter, and I don't understand why we keep trying to make OMEGA commanders which make every commander pre reworks obselete.
30 Apr 2019, 20:26 PM

I have a problem with the sherman WP. With all the buffs the dozer blade gives, there is basically no counter to the WP shells via AT guns. If you fall behind ingame so your opponet has a tank first, the ability just shuts down AT guns. It isn't like regular smoke where you just attack ground through it and use your skill and a bit of luck to guide your shots. You're forced to move your AT guns, and when you displace your at guns, that's when they get cleared.

I really don't think that the HE sherman requires this many buffs or any, I don't see why an armor piece is being given a hard counter to its intended counter, and I don't understand why we keep trying to make OMEGA commanders which make every commander pre reworks obselete.

Power Creep.

Currently people often skip Shermans for Scotts, so they buff them through a doctrine, to make them atractive again. By atractive I mean abusive in some way, that's how the game is nowadays, you only go for the most broken stuff available.

Don't worry, it will likely get nerfed once it goes live, if it proves too strong, within a week.
30 Apr 2019, 20:39 PM

That's why I suggested that a Bulldozer Sherman replaces the dozer upgrade, it will become it's own thing and it can be easier to balance.
30 Apr 2019, 22:39 PM
Patrion 14

Just remove the wp round.

I also like the idea A. Soldier proposed in a different thread to turn the sherman into a separate unit.

And give the commander something that makes it unique and worthwhile. Can I pitch my rifle upgrade idea again that gives rifles airborne carbines, molos and "dig in" so we don't have to see the same double bar rifle blobs all the time? ;)

PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS