Login

russian armor

USF Urban Assault -Feedback

PAGES (17)down
ddd
27 Mar 2019, 21:52 PM

Some people thinks its too much and rifle company will be overshadowed by urban commander but rifle company is dead anyway so yeah why not.

But what about bundle caliope with e8 into one ability? Then all commanders with caliope or with e8 will be on same level. Damn i like it

Maybe chill a bit with these bundles... One tank taking one slot is perfectly viable design.
27 Mar 2019, 22:57 PM

If they add a Croc or a Jumbo we can have an entire commander based off of Sherman call-ins lol.
28 Mar 2019, 02:37 AM

I like all these suggestions so far, tbh. Upon trying the new commander, I could FEEL there was something there, but everything was just a mess. It kinda felt like "I guess we better give the USF a new commander too", which I know was not the intention.

For me, when I think of "Urban" I think of the following:

Fire weapons/Fire grenades
Indirect fire support
High mobility
Flanking opportunities
No heavy tanks
Emplacements/MG nests
Snipers
Sustained fighting (Medkits, possibly?)
Vision
Smoke
Explosives
Mines
Demo charges
SMGs (Thompsons, MP40s, etc).

Sadly, I dont know all assists available in Coh2, So I can only comment on so much, But heres (to me) what CP slots fit the "Urban" theme:

Rangers
Calliope
Offmap smoke.
Dozer blades feel like they shouldnt have their own slot
And as fun as they are, Rifle grenades seem kind of..misplaced.

Also, I've noticed REs will Derp when in certain ranges with an upgraded grenade launcher. Please look into this ^.^
28 Mar 2019, 02:47 AM

If they add a Croc or a Jumbo we can have an entire commander based off of Sherman call-ins lol.

Urban Assault made me think it would be finally time to get the Crocodile back, no dice though, no flamer in an urban Commander is just weird.
28 Mar 2019, 03:06 AM

Urban Assault made me think it would be finally time to get the Crocodile back, no dice though, no flamer in an urban Commander is just weird.

It really is. I'd like to see some FYREEE. Honestly, I'd settle for incendiary bombing runs.

Edit:
Why not give Mortars WP Barrage, or an incendiary Barrage? Would it be as simple as copy and paste?
28 Mar 2019, 22:44 PM

I really like rifle nades despite all their problems. Even if this ability would be replaced by flamethrower, I still would like to see it. In Rifle Company instead of flamer.

Dozer Blades could use some buffs. It's overpriced and cripples tank mobility. Maybe +160 hp instead of +80? Maybe more armor from upgrade? Maybe something else?

Good stuff with rangers, but it's still problematic to include them, if you don't lose rifles. Also - can you decrease chance to drop weapon for rangers? Not on the level of guards, but something not far from it.

Erm... Calliope... erm... Well, its cost was decreased, so lets decrease vet requirments and see how it works.
28 Mar 2019, 23:40 PM

Well, it's looking MUCH better now, with actual flames bundled with the Dozer Blades. Urban Assault is looking very strong now.
29 Mar 2019, 07:47 AM

I'm surprised Cover to Cover doesn't have a debuff after the sprint. The commander looks interesting now but I'm pretty sure Cover to Cover will be nerfed.
29 Mar 2019, 09:29 AM

Soo, cover to cover is a ranger doctrine smoke shell.... but on steroids with sprint?
29 Mar 2019, 22:20 PM

Riflemen field defenses added in somewhere would be nice. A big part of urban fighting is manipulating cover and creating obstacles for your fields of fire. A wall of sandbags turns an indefensible negative cover street into a strongpoint with great fields of fire. I think it combines well with the rifle grenades as well, which I actually really like as they were a staple of real US doctrine in urban areas more so than flamethrowers which were bulky and highly situational.

As much as I’d like to see more E8s used, I don’t think they fit the theme of the doctrine very well.

Dozer blades are good for the theme, but could use a buff as they aren’t perticularly great.
ddd
29 Mar 2019, 22:25 PM

Riflemen field defenses added in somewhere would be nice. A big part of urban fighting is manipulating cover and creating obstacles for your fields of fire. A wall of sandbags turns an indefensible negative cover street into a strongpoint with great fields of fire. I think it combines well with the rifle grenades as well, which I actually really like as they were a staple of real US doctrine in urban areas more so than flamethrowers which were bulky and highly situational.

As much as I’d like to see more E8s used, I don’t think they fit the theme of the doctrine very well.

Dozer blades are good for the theme, but could use a buff as they aren’t perticularly great.

So you say easy8 wouldnt fit urban assault theme and instead are proposing defensive positions to urban assault commander? There are some leaps in logic here.
29 Mar 2019, 22:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 22:25 PMddd

So you say easy8 wouldnt fit urban assault theme and instead are proposing defensive positions to urban assault commander? There are some leaps in logic here.

The short answer is yes.

The E8 was a product improved version of the M4 medium tank and had no real specialized role for urban operations. It was just a better Sherman.

Digging in on captured ground is essential in urban combat. I think it also works well with RE riflegrenades as it gives them yet another reason to stick near riflemen, who build them cover to safely shoot their grenades from while the riflemen use the cover as a jumping off point for further assaults.

Yes. It fits the theme.
ddd
29 Mar 2019, 22:53 PM

The short answer is yes.

The E8 was a product improved version of the M4 medium tank and had no real specialized role for urban operations. It was just a better Sherman.

Digging in on captured ground is essential in urban combat. I think it also works well with RE riflegrenades as it gives them yet another reason to stick near riflemen, who build them cover to safely shoot their grenades from while the riflemen use the cover as a jumping off point for further assaults.

Yes. It fits the theme.

E8 was uparmored sherman variant, better at taking punishment from AT infantry and enemy AT emplacements, perfect in urban enviroment.

Yes it fits the theme.

Digging in on urban maps when there is plenty of garrisons still makes less sense than building defensive positions on open maps. Also im curious what would you remove to make space for sandbags, maybe calliope? I would actualy support that idea since calliope in its current state is hot garbage, much worse than katyusha and much more expensive.

29 Mar 2019, 23:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 22:53 PMddd

E8 was uparmored sherman variant, better at taking punishment from AT infantry and enemy AT emplacements, perfect in urban enviroment.

Yes it fits the theme.

Digging in on urban maps when there is plenty of garrisons still makes less sense than building defensive positions on open maps. Also im curious what would you remove to make space for sandbags, maybe calliope? I would actualy support that idea since calliope in its current state is hot garbage, much worse than katyusha and much more expensive.

The E8 was primarily just a version of the Sherman with better suspension. It had other upgrades as well, but was not designed for urban combat.

Like I said, it’s just a product improved Sherman, typical of a late war or post war Sherman tank.

If you want a better Sherman in the doctrine then bundle the 76mm Sherman with dozer blades like it is in the other commander, then yeah, remove calliope and add in rifleman field defenses.
29 Mar 2019, 23:23 PM

Calliope has to stay, it's part of the appeal of the Commander, has Rocket Artillery and other useful buttons to press.
ddd
30 Mar 2019, 00:18 AM

The E8 was primarily just a version of the Sherman with better suspension. It had other upgrades as well, but was not designed for urban combat.

Like I said, it’s just a product improved Sherman, typical of a late war or post war Sherman tank.

If you want a better Sherman in the doctrine then bundle the 76mm Sherman with dozer blades like it is in the other commander, then yeah, remove calliope and add in rifleman field defenses.

So E8 was improved sherman, with better gun and armor. Excatly what i said, thanks for confirmation.

If you want 2 armored vehicles in usf commander thats no go because reasons, but okw p4 + tiger for ostheer is ok. Explain.

30 Mar 2019, 00:29 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Sherman 105 is the way for this Commander.

No Calliope pls.
ddd
30 Mar 2019, 01:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2019, 00:29 AMnigo

Yup, sherman 105 would be ideal here. Has bonus damage versus garrisons and increased protection, perfect unit for urban assault.

You know what else would be ideal in urban assault commander? Assault engineers. CQC squad with flamers and demo charges, perfect versus garrisons, emplacemants and low range urban fighting.

Some artillery to level area would be good too. Like for example 240mm howitzer barrage. Destroys buildings in huge area, forces enemies to leave garrisons.

And then you realize USF has perfectly viable urban assault commander, its called Armor Company and is stronger and more coherent than this new commander, which has no synergy between its abilities.

Ironically, USF lacks good armor commander, something like Armored Assault or this new ostheer commander.

And when it comes to calliope, Tactical Support has way better synergy, with recon overflight spotting for targets and p47 strafe keeping them in place. All it needs is decrese in cost for its abilities: recon overflight from 80 to 60 muni and p47 strafe from 125 to 60 muni, excatly the same cost as ostheer abilities.
30 Mar 2019, 01:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2019, 00:29 AMnigo

No Calliope pls.

Agreed.

But if so, then remove the dozer blades for other Shermans.

Which opens up the spot for rifleman field defenses, giving you...

RE riflegrenades, a true staple of US urban combat doctrine. Much more historically accurate than flamethrowers.

Rifleman Field defenses, also a staple of forming the urban battlspace to the commanders will. Funneling enemies into killzones and snaring tanks with mines.

Smoke drop. Once again, an important part of US urban doctrine. Where you can’t build cover or traps, you smoke an enemy position to inhibit his fires (masking) or drop smoke to cover your own troops (screening). I’d be open to making this a white phosphorous barrage, which would be different from the Heavy Cavalry ability (Good!) but it could end up being too powerful is implemented poorly ( Bad)

Rangers, an obvious addition, for obvious reasons.

105 Sherman howitzer. Howitzer equipped tanks were employed for specialty assault missions by all armies and continues to be used to this day in modified roles for dedicated urban assaults. (The battle of Fallujah for instance.)
30 Mar 2019, 01:29 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Another idea:

Give Cannister Shot to Stuart in the urban Assault kit.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS