Login

russian armor

2 problems

1 Oct 2013, 09:31 AM

I build T1 because it's cheaper and then go directly to T4 as I don't need neither M3's,Snipers or Penals...Shock Troops do a better job than all 3 combined
2 Oct 2013, 22:17 PM

I think that conscripts should be blunt power compared to grenadiers, larger survivability and firepower because of 2 additional men, but poor training... Mosin-Nagant was very fine and accurate rifle and conscripts effectiveness (accuracy and ROF) at long range should increase seriously with vet level (when being inferior DPS to grens before getting vet).

From other hand Germans are very well trained in matter of marksmanship and I would rather add more survivability bonuses for vet rather increases in effective DPS.

When it comes to penal squads I'm always advocating giving them access to HQ global upgrades, giving them access to Molotov's and light AT(largest disadvantage vs cheaper conscripts) allowing for using them later with or instead conscripts.
2 Oct 2013, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2013, 02:00 AMTurtle
Really? Grens were getting a 50% damage reduction at vet 2? Wouldn't mind them keeping that for certain types of damage, such as artillery explosions, just to reduce the chance of insta squad wipe.

They don't get a damage reduction. They get an armor mutliplyer of 2,25. That means they have then 3,375 Armor. Instead of 66% enemy shots damaging them now only 30% of the enemy shots damage them, effictivly doubling their durability AGAINST Smallarms fire.
Explosions and flameweopons ignore Armor. Therefore they never got resistence against Artillery explosions.
2 Oct 2013, 23:27 PM

So what.

That is where the SVT is.

And Cons dont cost muni to "keep", so no idea wtf you are on about.

Rather pay munitions for an SVT-40 than lose my conscript abilities for Penals..
3 Oct 2013, 00:01 AM

Permanently Banned

Rather pay munitions for an SVT-40 than lose my conscript abilities for Penals..

Im sorry, but you can't have the 6man Oorahing, Merging, AT-Nading and Molotoving unit with SVTs that you desire.

Sorry about that.
3 Oct 2013, 06:26 AM
Patrion 14

Agree, to much in one single unit. However, I do agree that penals (and tier 1) should be more viable.
4 Oct 2013, 23:27 PM

Im sorry, but you can't have the 6man Oorahing, Merging, AT-Nading and Molotoving unit with SVTs that you desire.

Sorry about that.

Yet you are allowed a bunker building, Panzerfausting. rifle grenading unit with LMG42s?
4 Oct 2013, 23:30 PM

Permanently Banned

Yet you are allowed a bunker building, Panzerfausting. rifle grenading unit with LMG42s?

The bunker building was a stupid addition, and could/should be removed imo.

Aside from that, yes.
5 Oct 2013, 08:04 AM

Problem with Russians is everything cost a bit too much(not too much just need to be reduced a little bit or it might be too much for balance)for what it does and the buildings take way too long too build making fast tier 1 strategies very hard to pull off and the risk reward factor simply does not pay off. Russians lack hard hitting options for their cost compared to Germans.

Snipers while annoying cant slow down a germans tech and will not win you games the scout car got nerfed so hard followed by two german scout car buffs and not to mention one faust and its toast + lmg's kill them way too fast as well making them pretty much unusable and then yes penals cost way too much for what they do and die so fast you cant really do much with them anyhow.

The same for shock troops for their price and reinforcement cost they are not effective enough compared to pgrens or lmg upgraded grens. Its kinda depressing seeing russians forced into one or two builds.

And yes i know they have the flametank but that is doctrinal but good luck getting four cps playing a german who knows what hes doing with lmgs and he will have tanks to obliterate it by the time you can get it.

I dont know what the fix is however cause the balance is very fine and in team games Russians fair a lot better I think then they do in 1v1
5 Oct 2013, 10:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Northwest: Seriously, your post tries to make it sound like Sov is completely underpowered in almost all ways.

You try to have a "rational tone", but you are seriously overstating, exaggerating and being very biased in your conclusions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★