Login

russian armor

2 problems

29 Sep 2013, 15:03 PM

This has been said several times and relic refused to addresse or explain their refusal to do so. Conscripts need a weapon upgrade, late game they feel so feeble against vetted German infantry. It is as if they are shooting bb's at then,I want to who was that guy that thought giving grenadiers g43/lmg42 and conscripts nothing a good idea. The second problem is in regard to penals which are utterly useless, even the so called "pro" players have a hard time using then. For 360 not they should not be sack of meat that just die like conscripts. I know relic is aware of these complaints,I'd like to know why it hasn't been addressed or if they are ever going to.
29 Sep 2013, 15:07 PM

Hey red bear, you got the PPSHs, even though that limits your commander choice, which is an issue I addressed in this thread: http://www.coh2.org/topic/8738/ppshs-as-a-global-upgrade.-seriously.

That is unless you are thinking about something different than PPSHs...

I agree with the penals not being very useful (too costly) atm.
29 Sep 2013, 15:11 PM

the supposed new veterancy system is going to address the invincibility of some units. perhaps the problem gets solved when that happens. and no need for upgrades.
29 Sep 2013, 15:16 PM

G43 is commander specific, Cons have a commander specific weapon too. Its 2 options vs 1 or 1 option vs 0 depending on if you're bringing commanders into the equation or not.

lmg42 vs merge/oorah, I can't say which is better but thats asymmetrical balance for you & those two things have to be factored into the inclusion of a none commander weapon.
29 Sep 2013, 15:28 PM

I've said this for a long time. Conscripts are horrible without weapon upgrades. I almost always have vet 3 cons running around when I go with the ppsh doctrine. There should be SOME form of weapon upgrade available globally, even if it isn't at the level of the ppsh.
29 Sep 2013, 15:29 PM

Aysemmetrical balance? Don't make me laugh that doesn't exist between infantry, especially since relic decided on the dumb idea of giving the Germans osttruppen. The fact you said orahh and merge is equal to lmgs means you don't play the game.
29 Sep 2013, 16:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Don't make me laugh

Why not?
You make me laugh too.
29 Sep 2013, 16:58 PM

Fuck off, Nullist.
29 Sep 2013, 17:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Fuck off, Nullist.

I don't think so.
29 Sep 2013, 17:22 PM
Patrion 14

way to go, bring yet another thread down to kindergarten level. If you got nothing better to contribute with, please dont post.

@OP

I do agree that conscripts are really weak late game. I hope that veterancy patch will solve some of this.

However, there are still things that need to go into the equation for AI. Nondoctrinal units like T70 and T34 eat infantry for breakfast. Katyushas and Su76s also do a number (althouh not as reliable). Then we got doctrinal things like 120mm mortar and IS2, ISU 152. If you need AI, it is already in the game. Support your infantry with the correct counters. Soviet conscripts (without ppsh) are not a perfect AI unit, never was, and most likely never will.

29 Sep 2013, 18:22 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Please guys, keep it civil, thanks :)
30 Sep 2013, 16:07 PM

Yes,yes, I understand stand.
30 Sep 2013, 23:27 PM

Yeah, LMG grens are a pain to deal with their fast vetting and fast killing. Molotovs can ward them away if the enemy player is un-attentive or you are lucky, but I don't even think that PPSh is a valid match for LMG42s. An SVT-40 upgrade would be nice.
1 Oct 2013, 00:16 AM

Permanently Banned
An SVT-40 upgrade would be nice.

Its called "Penals".
1 Oct 2013, 00:19 AM

I'd rather pay munitions and keep my AT grenades, Oorah, Molotovs, and Sandbag abilities.
1 Oct 2013, 00:25 AM

Permanently Banned
So what.

That is where the SVT is.

And Cons dont cost muni to "keep", so no idea wtf you are on about.
1 Oct 2013, 00:34 AM

incase if you haven't watched the live stream the veterancy will be changed so no more 50 pct off damage on grens.
1 Oct 2013, 02:00 AM

Really? Grens were getting a 50% damage reduction at vet 2? Wouldn't mind them keeping that for certain types of damage, such as artillery explosions, just to reduce the chance of insta squad wipe.

Honestly, I think the SVTs on Penals just don't feel right. Using Penal Troops as elite high quality weapon troops, instead of as troops meant to assault the enemy under penalty of death for crimes against the Soviet Union seems wrong.

Not saying give them to conscripts, but I'd hoped for another option.
1 Oct 2013, 06:34 AM

A new unit maybe?...anyways,Penal Batalions need a huge buff,they are completely ignored in this game
1 Oct 2013, 09:09 AM

Some players do make the case for conscripts merging with them, but the Conscript merge is finicky and buggy. The only reason is to get more SVTs out.

And even if you use them as advanced rifle troops, you're still paying for the satchel charge and potential flamethrower upgrade.

Perhaps Penal Troops can get the 43 AT Grenade, or some other heavier AT option that does pure damage, but with shorter range? A problem with going B1 (building 1, since I don't consider Soviet buildings as tiers) is that you miss out on the AT Gun as a necessary high damage AT option. This means you definitely can't go B3 since T-34s and SU-76s do not put out enough damage to reliably finish off, or drive away German tanks.

About the only thing you use B1 for is the M3, which has been nerfed into nothing but a one use flamethrower delivery system.

Hm... yeah. I think replacing them in B1 is a better option. Make Penal Troops a Commander specific call in with a new set of abilities and equipment that better fit them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★