Login

russian armor

CoH- the boardgame

4 Jun 2019, 21:48 PM

Well, not yet. With the overwelming success of these early sales I wouldn't be surprised if they were putting together another expension commanders pack asap with the fan favorites Tiger/Sturmtiger/Jagdtiger/IS-2/Churchill Funnies.

Tiger is 100000% coming as stretch goal, everyone will want it. I would even go as far as saying I'm pretty sure that Tiger stretch goal was planned since the beginning. Not revealing every stretch goal gives them some room to maneuver and see how much more people they can bring in to pledge.

4 Jun 2019, 23:34 PM

Tiger is 100000% coming as stretch goal, everyone will want it. I would even go as far as saying I'm pretty sure that Tiger stretch goal was planned since the beginning. Not revealing every stretch goal gives them some room to maneuver and see how much more people they can bring in to pledge.

Yeah, I'd definitely get a pack with just the German heavies even if I don't plan on actually playing the boardgame, the models look really nice at least from the pictures.

I also found a Tiger and King Tiger model kits in Lego by some Polish dudes for 40 Euro which I'm guessing is around 60 USD or something, debating whether or not to get that as well lol.
4 Jun 2019, 23:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Is it a typo or is there literally an IS-3 coming for the game? :thumb:
4 Jun 2019, 23:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

By Patton's immaculate uniform, funded in three hours?!
5 Jun 2019, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2019, 23:49 PMTobis
Is it a typo or is there literally an IS-3 coming for the game? :thumb:

It's not a typo, pictures on their kick-starter page depict IS3 models. I guess they either got confused, mistaken or just fanboyed out over the commies.
5 Jun 2019, 00:36 AM
Patrion 310

A Kickstarter to turn Relic's RTS into a tabletop game is already well past its goal:
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-company-of-heroes-board-game-is-coming/
5 Jun 2019, 02:25 AM

5 Jun 2019, 02:55 AM

Yeah and then buy more online commanders for 15 euro a piece and you have to print them and glue them on cardboard yourself! No thanks!
5 Jun 2019, 03:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2019, 23:59 PMVuther
By Patton's immaculate uniform, funded in three hours?!

When people REALLY want something, they vote with their money.

Recently, Critical Role, a show where a bunch of nerdy professional voice actors play Dungeon and dragons, achieved it's stretch goal of almost a million dollars in less than an hour. They were planning on animating a single 22min episode and end up basically with a full season show when they broke pass the $11M, been the 5th most backed/funded project in Kickstarter.
5 Jun 2019, 04:49 AM

I'm shocked at how well this has done considering it's not online. But then again we don't have many ww2 board games with a well known name other than Risk.
5 Jun 2019, 10:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm shocked at how well this has done considering it's not online. But then again we don't have many ww2 board games with a well known name other than Risk.

Axis vs allies ?
5 Jun 2019, 11:38 AM
Donator 11

Risk is surely dated as Napoelonic with its signature cannon?
5 Jun 2019, 12:32 PM

I'm also surprised and glad it's doing so well, since they basically take the CoH experience and put it in a boardgame. At some point, I wonder if there is a difference between the two. Also, Memoir' 44 is pretty popular and has been running for quite a while with regular expansions coming out.
5 Jun 2019, 23:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Welp, they just added new stretch goals.

Max stretch goal right now, Tiger at 312K.

Currently funded up to 314K :thumbsup:

We're gonna need some more stretch goals.
12 Jun 2019, 18:29 PM
Patrion 310

CoH Kickstarter - Trending stats:
https://www.tabletopanalytics.com/project/company-of-heroes-board-game-13551
Top Live Projects:
https://www.tabletopanalytics.com/topgrossing

Two new maps unlocked:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/223137030/company-of-heroes-board-game/posts/2532106

New 2 Player Retail Set Available Now

To provide more purchase options for the backers we are going to release what was originally going to be a retail only version of Company of Heroes. We know its a slight risk for the campaign by decreasing the current total as some downgrade to this more affordable set but we think some backers will really appreciate it. Includes all of the components to play 2 players with the USA and the Wehrmacht German factions with the Trois Ponts and Monastery maps. (Two maps only in this set.) This is also a good way to upgrade your Core Set to 5-6 players a little more affordably than purchasing two of the $99 4 Player KickStarter Sets.

In response to the requests for a second German faction and because the campaign is doing quite well, we would like to announce the upcoming add-on pack Oberkommando West.

12 Jun 2019, 18:52 PM
Patrion 310

Kickstarter Roundup: Jun 9, 2019 (2.0m Boardgamers):
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/bys9hj/kickstarter_roundup_jun_9_2019_30_ending_soon/

Notfaye
Company of heroes looks amazing, we’re talking 40 vehicles 1:120 scale and 150 soldier minis, real time or turn based with a solo and coop mode. But... they took three years to deliver their last box, and everything is poor renders. If they deliver it’s amazing

ncc1701jv
Company of Heroes looks great, all those glorious minis/vehicles. I just dont know that I would ever get it to the table (looking at you ALL of the rest of my wargames).

butters-chaos
Very interested in Company of Heroes, however the reputation of creator is not that good. The previous game was delayed 2-3 years. Still deciding whether to get CoH or Tide of Iron..

mellman99
I'm currently in on Company of Heroes. I love the video game but I don't see myself holding on to this one because I feel like it won't translate properly to a board game.

Thoughts on the new company of heroes Kickstarter:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/bx2xni/thoughts_on_the_new_company_of_heroes_kickstarter/
12 Jun 2019, 20:51 PM

A guy mentioned that they aren't responding to their comments, I sent them a message on their facebook page about a possible pack only with the German big cats (Tiger, King Tiger, Jagdtiger) and other popular and heavy Allied tanks (Churchill, E8, Pershing) only since I'm an Army Men fan and they have not replied while viewing my message so this does really look fishy and kinda reminds me of the recent poorly made Games of Thrones "browser" game by some Chinese guys that nobody has ever heard of before with the "officially licensed by HBO" text on the forefront so something is very, very fishy with that.
13 Jun 2019, 01:22 AM

Bad Crow Games only made one board game prior to taking on the Company of Hero’s Boardgame. Luckily the Kickstarter terms of service changed so that projects must be complete by the date posted. I need to find the post for it.

"Kickstarter amended its terms of service to explicitly state that any creator who posts a product with its service is “inviting other people to form a contract with them.” This means that if the project reaches its fundraising goal, it must “complete the project and fulfill each reward.”
13 Jun 2019, 01:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, I wonder if they're going to make more stretch goals. L-O-D-S OF E-M-O-N-E
"Kickstarter amended its terms of service to explicitly state that any creator who posts a product with its service is “inviting other people to form a contract with them.” This means that if the project reaches its fundraising goal, it must “complete the project and fulfill each reward.”

That's a nice thing to hear, but...what's really ensuring this? I'm assuming Kickstarter didn't get a line with every police service in every country that's it's available in to agree to charge and imprison anyone who fails to deliver on their project.

...that'd be nice though, imagine that. Every police service relevant saying "We will surely do something to aid the sanctity and goodwill of the crowdfunding concept in persisting."
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★