Login

russian armor

USF got too many buffs

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
16 Mar 2019, 07:12 AM

And Surprise! UFS starts with 20 fuel to compensate.

Furthermore OKW has a more expensive tech tree, so the cost for flame grenades and STGs is rolled into it.

One could argue that the extra fuel covers the ambulance, not necessarily the ambulance, the weapon racks and the grenade tech. Furthermore okw teching grants access to an MG as well. Teching as okw while more expensive give a hell of alot more than any other faction teching ONTOP of volks punching harder than their cost might suggest.
16 Mar 2019, 18:07 PM

For what you pay for rifleman they really should eat them even more. Look at how badly volks smack around cons over 10mp and 60 Muni. Hell if you include cons side tech volks are essentially cheaper and yet they own cons.

Meanwhile I invest 120 Muni on each, 300 mp and 30 fuel at the HQ, all for a squad that already costs more to buy and reinforce.

Maybe this is more a statement against conscripts than Rifleman. But all I know for certain is volks are too cost effective.

you struggle with numbers because you are missing the only one point here.
Resources are infinite and they come as time passes by, no extra action involved as AoE would be. Only capping territories and upkeep changes some of them, you knew that already.
But costs (manp,muni,fuel) only balances the faction impact and have no relation or whatsoever to other factions similar cost.
The only exeption is mainline inf combat and generalist tank combat maybe. Because you care for a resource efficient tradeoff (you trade manpower, not fuel nor muni), on the other side tanks do trade some fuel as efficiency for their role, but again its a really thin line between whos hunting and whos being hunted.
Back to costs, USF pays so much for bars because they already have excelent mainline T0 inf with a versatile further weapon upgrade (penals only get AT packages trading some AI, for comparison). Then you slap a couple of BARs to the squad and they become terminators to a similar vet level infantry, and even on correct set ups, they could punch above their weight as volks are said to do. You are upgrading the best infantry and expect to be "cheaper" than other factions mediocre inf, thats flawed logic.

Imagine obers being T0, able to upgrade LMG34 and IRstgs at the same time, thats batshit OP, now imagine someone wanting that to be "as cheap as" riflemen double bar upgrade. Mirroring logic as an example, dont go nuts.

Cost level each faction timing, amount of troops, resource/objective tradeoff and those decide winning/loosing in a fair balane with other factions

17 Mar 2019, 20:16 PM

you struggle with numbers because you are missing the only one point here.

Can you stop insulting my intelligence EVERY SINGLE TIME you quote me. The only thing I'm struggling to understand here is your English

Imagine obers being T0, able to upgrade LMG34 and IRstgs at the same time, thats batshit OP, now imagine someone wanting that to be "as cheap as" riflemen double bar upgrade. Mirroring logic as an example, dont go nuts.

Like what does this have to do with anything? That's not even a remotely reasonable analogy to what I'm talking about, this is a stupid exaggeration for the sake of attacking me

And Surprise! UFS starts with 20 fuel to compensate.

Furthermore OKW has a more expensive tech tree, so the cost for flame grenades and STGs is rolled into it.

Well aware, I'm not implying we just slap a cost on it and don't change anything else in tandem. The element of making the actual decision of when to upgrade matters, and even if the numbers are tweaked so that the math here doesn't change, it would be a good change.

One could also experiment with locking stgs or nades behind a specific tech and changing the costs around. I don't see the issue in testing out some changes in a preview when the initial addition of stgs to volks was never tested at all.

18 Mar 2019, 18:26 PM

Can you stop insulting my intelligence EVERY SINGLE TIME you quote me. The only thing I'm struggling to understand here is your English

Sry buddy didnt mean to insult you, at least not directly. But consider my words, nowdays anything is taken as an insult as long as you victimize enough. We can argue anytime in my mother language, but thats not something you seem to want.

Like what does this have to do with anything? That's not even a remotely reasonable analogy to what I'm talking about, this is a stupid exaggeration for the sake of attacking me

Oh, my intelligence is being insulted! You dont play fair at all, maybe i shoulnt too...

One could also experiment with locking stgs or nades behind a specific tech and changing the costs around. I don't see the issue in testing out some changes in a preview when the initial addition of stgs to volks was never tested at all.

Firstly, this is a USF being near OP thread, thats clear offtopic.

Secondly, if you so like to test things, why dont we test on allied factions too? I mean, volks nades and stgs are the main focus on "testing nerfs" since a couple patches ago. Its not funny to have someone messing around "trying" things without an objective. Because of that just dont "test" point out the problem, give a solution, implement it and done.
18 Mar 2019, 18:57 PM

75% people vote that usf is balanced or underpowered and this thread has almost 200 houndred posts so wtf? Fake accounts? Dont think so I guess a few forum wariors just want convince all how much usf is broken
18 Mar 2019, 20:10 PM

75% people vote that usf is balanced or underpowered and this thread has almost 200 houndred posts so wtf? Fake accounts? Dont think so I guess a few forum wariors just want convince all how much usf is broken

75% people voted that USF is underpowered... yeah sure nice joke.
75% of those people do not play other faction maybe, but you defend their votes blindly.

Also if you play USF shouldnt your opinion the less biased of all?
18 Mar 2019, 21:21 PM

75% people voted that USF is underpowered... yeah sure nice joke.
75% of those people do not play other faction maybe, but you defend their votes blindly.

Also if you play USF shouldnt your opinion the less biased of all?

Maybe you should read again what he said.
Veeery slowly if need be.
Because that isn't what he said and what he said is correct.
18 Mar 2019, 21:56 PM

Sry buddy didnt mean to insult you, at least not directly. But consider my words, nowdays anything is taken as an insult as long as you victimize enough. We can argue anytime in my mother language, but thats not something you seem to want.

You have very clearly insulted me in other threads, so much so that mods had to remove it. This has nothing to do with interpretation.

Oh, my intelligence is being insulted! You dont play fair at all, maybe i shoulnt too...

Can you please stop trolling me?

Firstly, this is a USF being near OP thread, thats clear offtopic.

Secondly, if you so like to test things, why dont we test on allied factions too? I mean, volks nades and stgs are the main focus on "testing nerfs" since a couple patches ago. Its not funny to have someone messing around "trying" things without an objective. Because of that just dont "test" point out the problem, give a solution, implement it and done.

I wasn't even talking to you here. You take this comment out of the context of who it was responding to, and just start rambling. Please stop quoting me if you're gonna keep misrepresenting EVERYTHING I SAY.
18 Mar 2019, 22:09 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Can we keep it on #USFOP? I don't even know what is being talked about now

EDIT: After watching this thread turn into a small back and fourth I'm going to lock it.

OP or anyone can always make a new thread, but in the opening please ask for specific problems and address potential specific solutions if you have them. The more specific things are, the less chance of derailment as it keeps the conversation focused.

/locked
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight