Login

russian armor

USF got too many buffs

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
14 Mar 2019, 02:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 02:29 AMtheekvn
Nerf Howie, Nerf M20, Nerf M8 scout. What's next ?

Decrew is OP maybe?lolllll
14 Mar 2019, 02:56 AM

Why do they need to have some of the best support weapons: .50cal, 57mm AT-gun, Pak Howi while at the same time having the best heal that can also be used to recinforce outside of base, 3 different types of OP T0 call-in infantry, free squads when teching, tank crews, the straight up best TD in the entire game, a excellent medium tank that wipes infantry like crazy, cheap access to grenades, cheap access to weapon upgrades etc.

then tell me how USF Rifleman can hold the line without those OP tools ?
New teching gives USF new openning rather than 3-4 RIfleman and bleed like hell. Call in inf can comeback because we no longer pay 280 mp for and 50/60 fuel for "free" squad.

Nerfing support weapon also make USF late game more worse, more Manpower bleed.
14 Mar 2019, 03:28 AM

He may be trolling, but doesn't mean this idea is worthless. Remove officer in game can promote even more unit diversity when playing USF. Being forced to build something which may be totally useless in some situation is bad design.

Do you know what bad design means? Its not about what your people think is sensible or not, its a hardcore aspect of each faction that is either its advantage or weakness to avoid.

USF was DESIGNED around riflemen, having such amount of variety of troops is against USF design
14 Mar 2019, 03:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 02:56 AMtheekvn

then tell me how USF Rifleman can hold the line without those OP tools ?
New teching gives USF new openning rather than 3-4 RIfleman and bleed like hell. Call in inf can comeback because we no longer pay 280 mp for and 50/60 fuel for "free" squad.

Nerfing support weapon also make USF late game more worse, more Manpower bleed.

Beware of your word. They may say that you have admitted the team weapons of USF is op.
Despite the arrival time of .50 cal being too early with its performance after the tech revamped, I simply can't find any team weapon of USF is OP. The ATG buffed before can't reliably penetrate even medium tanks without sinking you munition. Pack howitzer is still the most expensive artillery while receiving a no reason nerf in recent patch that nearly have no room to survive in artillery war with its late arrival time.
14 Mar 2019, 03:38 AM

Do you know what bad design means? Its not about what your people think is sensible or not, its a hardcore aspect of each faction that is either its advantage or weakness to avoid.

USF was DESIGNED around riflemen, having such amount of variety of troops is against USF design

Designing around riflemen is bad design at the beginning. There are too many combo in game that you simply can't deal with them with rifles only. Not to mention riflemen after several nerf is one of the most cost ineffective infantry to build. Now, everyone is try to avoid it with commander. Having officer that come with tech is a weakness instead of advantage since it decrease your flexibility to access to other useful stuffs.
14 Mar 2019, 04:09 AM

SF was DESIGNED around riflemen is OK unless you nerf them :D
back to topic. Now is USF medium tank.
Are they OP with simply A-click ?
lol nope.
14 Mar 2019, 06:21 AM

I suggest to replace wolverine with jackson :sibHyena:
14 Mar 2019, 08:08 AM

Designing around riflemen is bad design at the beginning. There are too many combo in game that you simply can't deal with them with rifles only. Not to mention riflemen after several nerf is one of the most cost ineffective infantry to build. Now, everyone is try to avoid it with commander. Having officer that come with tech is a weakness instead of advantage since it decrease your flexibility to access to other useful stuffs.

Could rework the officers to be a squad upgrade that opens up new options.

Lieutenant gives smoke and sprint
Captain could have some targeted abilities like other officers have to make him a force multiplier
Major maintains the "doctrinal" type abilities it has now.

Limit of 1 each, takes up a weapon slot and grants a Thompson+ small target size reduction.

Spitballing here.
14 Mar 2019, 16:52 PM

Could rework the officers to be a squad upgrade that opens up new options.

Lieutenant gives smoke and sprint
Captain could have some targeted abilities like other officers have to make him a force multiplier
Major maintains the "doctrinal" type abilities it has now.

Limit of 1 each, takes up a weapon slot and grants a Thompson+ small target size reduction.

Spitballing here.

Just make it so only the first combat officer is free.

LT already has that, he could be a buff Rifle squad with the thompson and vet0 snares people would rebuild him.
Captain had On Me! and they nerfed it hard, not sure what to do with him.
Agreed.

People asked USF to not depend so much on Riflemen, now they realize that such obvious gameplan was much easier to counter, the same people now complain that having a functional USF is just too strong...
Who could have predicted this tragedy?
14 Mar 2019, 17:49 PM

Amazing argument. Getting a free 300mp combat squad is a weakness instead of an advantage, right. Well, Brits, Soviets, Ostheer, and OKW would all love to have this "weakness" whenever they reach a tech level.

USF has its fair share of problems and weaknesses, but this is surely one of the most idiotic "reasons" I've ever seen. What next? Vehicle crew repair is a weakness instead of an advantage, because your vehicle crew can be killed? LOL.
15 Mar 2019, 01:15 AM

USF is balanced, even with the worse mainline infantry IMO (Rifleman), USF have good tools to support it. Weapons to compensate how bad Rifleman are, like OP HMGs and good light vehicles. But I stll prefer to build doctrine infantry like Pathfinders/Assault Engineers/Cav Rifleman than rifleman itself.
15 Mar 2019, 02:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 01:15 AMBizrock
USF is balanced, even with the worse mainline infantry IMO (Rifleman), USF have good tools to support it. Weapons to compensate how bad Rifleman are, like OP HMGs and good light vehicles. But I stll prefer to build doctrine infantry like Pathfinders/Assault Engineers/Cav Rifleman than rifleman itself.

You are clever to avoid something bad , but make no sense to draw the conclusion of USF is balanced. You can have all the tools you need as OKW without picking a commander but USF is simply a crippled faction if you don't pick a decent commander having other kind of infantries ,mobile rocket artillery or heavies. Yet, USF is still a bit crippled, because there has no commander have access to all these options which OKW comes with stock.
15 Mar 2019, 05:48 AM

You are clever to avoid something bad , but make no sense to draw the conclusion of USF is balanced. You can have all the tools you need as OKW without picking a commander but USF is simply a crippled faction if you don't pick a decent commander having other kind of infantries ,mobile rocket artillery or heavies. Yet, USF is still a bit crippled, because there has no commander have access to all these options which OKW comes with stock.

That's part of the balance I think, Rifleman is very inferior to any other OKW infantry, but their MG and indirect fire are better. And I'm saying that they are balanced in 1v1, which is what it matters, rocket artillery and heavies are very important in team games, not much in 1v1.
15 Mar 2019, 08:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 05:48 AMBizrock

That's part of the balance I think, Rifleman is very inferior to any other OKW infantry, but their MG and indirect fire are better. And I'm saying that they are balanced in 1v1, which is what it matters, rocket artillery and heavies are very important in team games, not much in 1v1.
So lets give non doc calippe to usf because for 1vs1 it doesnt matter
15 Mar 2019, 08:27 AM

So lets give non doc calippe to usf because for 1vs1 it doesnt matter

Cant agree more.
15 Mar 2019, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 05:48 AMBizrock

Rifleman is very inferior to any other OKW infantry

Please provide stats to back up this claim. Riflemen scale way better than Volks and even base vet 0 Riflemen are quite a bit better than vet 0 Volks. The only problem Riflemen have in early game is Sturm support which gives OKW the edge until the first officer arrives.

15 Mar 2019, 09:39 AM

Please provide stats to back up this claim. Riflemen scale way better than Volks and even base vet 0 Riflemen are quite a bit better than vet 0 Volks. The only problem Riflemen have in early game is Sturm support which gives OKW the edge until the first officer arrives.

volks get non tech grenade that denies cover, snare that is not locked behind vet, cheaper weapon upgrade that does not need visit in base and gives substansial dps increase without needing proper positioning (lmg rewuire being still and bars are best when getting close up to the enemy) and much cheaper mp and reinforce cost, which reduces severity of taking losses. I am not saying that volks are op, but flamenades and cheap cost do already put rifles on backfoot.
15 Mar 2019, 09:46 AM

I dont mind if they redesign scott to anti defensvie unit i mean something like little priest with long range strong barrage but with bad autofire or even without it this would help in team games a lot and propobly prevent use scott as brumbar in 1vs1.
15 Mar 2019, 09:54 AM

volks get non tech grenade that denies cover, snare that is not locked behind vet, cheaper weapon upgrade that does not need visit in base and gives substansial dps increase without needing proper positioning (lmg rewuire being still and bars are best when getting close up to the enemy) and much cheaper mp and reinforce cost, which reduces severity of taking losses. I am not saying that volks are op, but flamenades and cheap cost do already put rifles on backfoot.

BARs don't need proper positioning either, it gives almost twice the DPS of STG increase at all ranges, it's just that at close range it has the DPS close to that of an SMG.
PAGES (10)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS