Login

russian armor

Tank Crew (USF)

11 Mar 2019, 07:23 AM

Dont bother in proving certain peoples wrong facts, it is known that a certain list of people only post innacurate stats and arguments for the sake of forcing nerfs/buffs... Its a lost battle against stupidity.

Well unfortunately, it seems that if something is repeated enough times people start to believe it. I am not sure how many times I have read the argument that Sherman has a disadvantage because it has the option to use HE or how penals have a disadvantage because they can upgrade with AT weapons.
11 Mar 2019, 07:39 AM

15 second delay? LOL what? I think to dissaude USF players from decrewing to prevent a final shot, we should add a 3-5 sec delay to recrew in combat as well as the decrew.
I think the 5 second delay already exists
11 Mar 2019, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2019, 07:23 AMVipper

Well unfortunately, it seems that if something is repeated enough times people start to believe it. I am not sure how many times I have read the argument that Sherman has a disadvantage because it has the option to use HE or how penals have a disadvantage because they can upgrade with AT weapons.

Maybe i can lend you a hand on this, i just happen to know why. Imagine someone having to buy a car, he spends 1.000$, but the same day he finds that if he had bought a bike that costs 500$ he could have saved half the price, but instead of saying straight cars and bikes are different, he preffers to blame the cost difference on the amount of tires a car has, therefore a car have 2 extra tires makes up those extra 500. So having 2 extra wheels is bad because it makes the whole thing ultra expensive. Same logic for Sherman HE and penals AT upgrade. I cant blame them, you cant make everyone happy.

Anyways, im with OP in regards of retweaking a bit the tank crew thing. A delay to decrew the tank is the solution IMO. After you click the ability the tank goes idle for 5-10 secs, you choose wich, and after that the tank is decrewed. As OP said, its a tank and its really slow to move 4-5 people in/out of it. If we consider the balance aspect, it doesnt affect that much (or maybe it does, but wait a bit) as all USF tanks can be "self repaired" and that is a strong perk. If otherwise a more delicate balance is needed to be conserved, crew repair speeds can be buffed to make up for the time it takes to get out the tank, its not that hard.

Repair critical though is the most affected by this cange.
I need to call good USF players to bring an opinion is you wish and are kind to let me understand, is repair critical being used? Is it a great ability or an important one?

Maybe the vehicle should get the repair critical ability, like the elite armour on OKM.
11 Mar 2019, 13:37 PM

As long as you dont get out from a building with 5 second delay, this nerf is simply not appropriate. It is high risk to decrew in front of your enemy, so it is risk and reward and skillful as well since it requires extra micro to decrew.
11 Mar 2019, 13:57 PM

As long as you dont get out from a building with 5 second delay, this nerf is simply not appropriate. It is high risk to decrew in front of your enemy, so it is risk and reward and skillful as well since it requires extra micro to decrew.

It is CHEESY to decrew in front of an enemy and people dont like that, if you conserve insta decrewing why would raketen cloak cheese be removed then?
Decrewing Its no high risk/reward its a unwanted feature of the game. Only to do critical repairs while smoked, but no ones gives that use tho
ddd
11 Mar 2019, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 22:28 PMVipper

That claim is inaccurate, there are 8 USF commander and half of them have access to tanks with more than 640 HP.

Where did i say anything about number of usf commanders with 640+ hp tanks? I was talking about realistic scenario of usf late game unit composition which mostly consists of jacksons with some shermans or scotts. The only realistic addition to it is single pershing or single bulldozer. Sure you can draw pictures of usf player spamming bulldozers and easy8s but its not something you will see from good player trying to win. The number of usf commanders with 640+ hp vehicles is irrelevant here since 2 out of 4 are useless/situational gimmicks. The fact that there appear some 640+ hp vehicles in usf unit roster doesnt make my claim inaccurate since i used term "ALMOST exclusivly", taking into account rare exceptions.
11 Mar 2019, 14:04 PM

It is CHEESY to decrew in front of an enemy and people dont like that, if you conserve insta decrewing why would raketen cloak cheese be removed then?
Decrewing Its no high risk/reward its a unwanted feature of the game. Only to do critical repairs while smoked, but no ones gives that use tho

You put your own vehicle in danger by extra microing it to decrew in front your enemy. How cheese is it? There is no downside for cloaking of rekaten so your example is wrong.
11 Mar 2019, 14:09 PM

You put your own vehicle in danger by extra microing it to decrew in front your enemy. How cheese is it? There is no downside for cloaking of rekaten so your example is wrong.

To dodge a killing blow BY DECREWING (thats the threat topic m8) is CHEESY AF.
Unless you adress the thread topic, stop derailing the thread
11 Mar 2019, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2019, 14:04 PMddd

Where did i say anything about number of usf commanders with 640+ hp tanks? I was talking about realistic scenario of usf late game unit composition which mostly consists of jacksons with some shermans or scotts. The only realistic addition to it is single pershing or single bulldozer. Sure you can draw pictures of usf player spamming bulldozers and easy8s but its not something you will see from good player trying to win. The number of usf commanders with 640+ hp vehicles is irrelevant here since 2 out of 4 are useless/situational gimmicks. The fact that there appear some 640+ hp vehicles in usf unit roster doesnt make my claim inaccurate since i used term "ALMOST exclusivly", taking into account rare exceptions.

Exactly here:
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 14:52 PMddd

Operating almost exclusivly 640hp tanks with 160 armor (which is paper thin) that have little chance to deflect anything, ...

Either USF use their tanks and since the have access to tanks with more HP they do not "operate almost exclusively with 640HP tanks" or they use M36 instead in which they still do not operate with 640 HP tanks.

USF have the choice to have armor with more HP and you claim is simply inaccurate. If they choose to M36s is because those are OP and not because their armor is bad.

11 Mar 2019, 14:57 PM

To dodge a killing blow BY DECREWING (thats the threat topic m8) is CHEESY AF.
Unless you adress the thread topic, stop derailing the thread

It is just as cheesy as smoke while taking extra micro and risk and it is easy to counter with not even attack ground but A click on the decrewed vehicle. How cheesy is it? Stop exaggerating it.
11 Mar 2019, 15:07 PM

Retaining ownership of decrewed vehicles would solve a lot of problems.

• You can't mess up enemy autofire by decrewing.
  • You can't gift vehicles to your teammates.
  • You can abandon your tank and run away without giving it to the enemy.
  • The M20 Bazooka shenanigans are less dangerous.
  • You can solve the popcap issue by having decrewed vehicles retain their pop cost.

I have no idea if it's possible to do though.
11 Mar 2019, 15:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stay on topic and stop hurling coals at each other.

Carry on.
ddd
11 Mar 2019, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2019, 14:53 PMVipper

Another Katitof wannabe...
I am sorry to inform but I am pretty sure I have more hours in this game than you, so this claim of yours is also false.

PLS stop going personal in an balance debate.

Im not going personal, you simply ignored all i said and responded with "usf have commanders with 640+ hp tanks" which brings NOTHING to the discussion. Its simply not relevant to the post i wrote. If you are going to bring useless informations that everyone already know i can as well point that out to prevent derailing thread.

Also im not certain if you understood my post you quoted. I will point that out again just in case: the number of usf commanders with 640+ hp is irrelevant, only thing that matters here is number of 640+ hp vehicles that are viable and widely used. For me the only vehicles that match this description are pershing and bulldozer, usually one on the field, leaving the rest of possible vehicles usf player will deploy consisting of 640hp tanks.
11 Mar 2019, 15:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2019, 15:07 PMLago
Retaining ownership of decrewed vehicles would solve a lot of problems.

• You can't mess up enemy autofire by decrewing.
  • You can't gift vehicles to your teammates.
  • You can abandon your tank and run away without giving it to the enemy.
  • The M20 Bazooka shenanigans are less dangerous.
  • You can solve the popcap issue by having decrewed vehicles retain their pop cost.

I have no idea if it's possible to do though.

Makes sense to a point, since not all soldiers in ww2 knew how to drive, and each tank had different controls. To let tank to be stolen would be nice but its a really strange mechanic IMO.
WW2 tank steals were often wrecked abandoned tanks or tanks parked that never got crewed because of some raid or assault. They got crewed later by other tanks pilots with time to figure out its controls.

This way tanks are always targeted, no matter the crew being present or not, also, not even USF soldiers should crew tanks. You kill 2 stones with 1 bird, nice!
11 Mar 2019, 15:57 PM

It is just as cheesy as smoke while taking extra micro and risk and it is easy to counter with not even attack ground but A click on the decrewed vehicle. How cheesy is it? Stop exaggerating it.

Ok mr smartpants, how do you A-click (BTW i used grid mapped hotkeys) if you CANT SEE THE TANK INSIDE SMOKE AND THE CREW CRIT REPAIRING IT?
At least im being realistic...
11 Mar 2019, 16:04 PM

Makes sense to a point, since not all soldiers in ww2 knew how to drive, and each tank had different controls. To let tank to be stolen would be nice but its a really strange mechanic IMO.
WW2 tank steals were often wrecked abandoned tanks or tanks parked that never got crewed because of some raid or assault. They got crewed later by other tanks pilots with time to figure out its controls.

This way tanks are always targeted, no matter the crew being present or not, also, not even USF soldiers should crew tanks. You kill 2 stones with 1 bird, nice!

According to your logic, team weapons and hand held weapons should not be able to crew or pick up by opponent also.

Not all WWII soldiers know how to use all kinds of weapons and have the proper munition supply. Even soldiers from same faction should not be able to recrew tanks, since they may not have proper training to operate the vehicle.

So this is not a valid argument to support this change.
11 Mar 2019, 16:07 PM

Ok mr smartpants, how do you A-click (BTW i used grid mapped hotkeys) if you CANT SEE THE TANK INSIDE SMOKE AND THE CREW CRIT REPAIRING IT?
At least im being realistic...

Oh mr smart pants, I am talking about the way to deal with a abandoned vehicle and this is not even as difficult as dealing with smoke since you dont have to use the hit ground button. Please read carefully.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★