Login

russian armor

Vickers need suppression

9 Mar 2019, 04:03 AM

Give vickers an activated ability that temporarily increases suppression but reduces accuracy like volley fire. Give it a low 10 munitions cost. Thus you keep the unique attributes of the vickers but give it the ability to perform like a standard mg on call for a nominal fee.
9 Mar 2019, 04:20 AM

Give vickers an activated ability that temporarily increases suppression but reduces accuracy like volley fire. Give it a low 10 munitions cost. Thus you keep the unique attributes of the vickers but give it the ability to perform like a standard mg on call for a nominal fee.

Now a basic functionality become a luxury? No more vet 1 AT nade or replication of maxim.
9 Mar 2019, 07:19 AM

Conclusion, Retarded play is encouraged (on one side) and is cheaper.

And once more that is an issue of VG not of vickers, because if do the same test with another infantry squad vickers will stop them before lobbing a grenade
9 Mar 2019, 07:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2019, 07:19 AMVipper

And once more that is an issue of VG not of vickers, because if do the same test with another infantry squad vickers will stop them before lobbing a grenade

So when is the volks nerf comes out?
9 Mar 2019, 07:25 AM

So when is the volks nerf comes out?

it should come out the same time that penals get a nerf
9 Mar 2019, 07:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2019, 07:25 AMVipper

it should come out the same time that penals get a nerf

so now three penals can take down a vicker frontally or throwing flame nade to kill a full vision mg frontally that have to be nerf like volks?
9 Mar 2019, 07:56 AM

so now three penals can take down a vicker frontally or throwing flame nade to kill a full vision mg frontally that have to be nerf like volks?

No but when VGs get nerfed they will be overrun by Penals. Both Penals and Vg need a nerf. (and some other early infatry).
9 Mar 2019, 10:33 AM

Now a basic functionality become a luxury? No more vet 1 AT nade or replication of maxim.

You over exaggerate. Beeing less capable than its peers at suppression does not mean it lacks it entirely. Giving it a timed ability to boost its suppression in ADDITION to its vet 1 range boost, its ability to outfight other mgs and burst down infantry is a way to keep those old attributes, but operate more like a typical mg when needed.
9 Mar 2019, 15:17 PM

A timed ability is better than no capacity to suppress, but let's not lock it behind vet please, it's a shitty thing on the maxim having to vet to be able to halfway suppress let's not make the same mistake on the vickers please
9 Mar 2019, 15:19 PM

A timed ability is better than no capacity to suppress, but let's not lock it behind vet please, it's a shitty thing on the maxim having to vet to be able to halfway suppress let's not make the same mistake on the vickers please

Many of the abilities should scale with veterancy, maxim ability falls under that category. For instance reload time before the ability takes affect could be lowered with veterancy.
9 Mar 2019, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2019, 15:19 PMVipper

Many of the abilities should scale with veterancy, maxim ability falls under that category. For instance reload time before the ability takes affect could be lowered with veterancy.

But then we fall into the same category as cons-if they get wipedgg because no vet means it's barley even usable.

Edit don't get me wrong, I LIKE timed abilities, but basic use shouldn't be behind vet. Make the sustained fire non vet and I'm on board
9 Mar 2019, 21:38 PM

But then we fall into the same category as cons-if they get wipedgg because no vet means it's barley even usable.

Edit don't get me wrong, I LIKE timed abilities, but basic use shouldn't be behind vet. Make the sustained fire non vet and I'm on board

I would think non vet would be the way to go as well. Sustained fire from maxim and suppressive fire for vickers are either too important or too weak to be vet. This is in contrast to the mg42 incendiary rounds which are extremely powerful and are not needed for the mg42 to perform in its basic role.
9 Mar 2019, 21:48 PM

I would think non vet would be the way to go as well. Sustained fire from maxim and suppressive fire for vickers are either too important or too weak to be vet. This is in contrast to the mg42 incendiary rounds which are extremely powerful and are not needed for the mg42 to perform in its basic role.

Agreed. Vet shiuld be a bonus that improves a unit, not a necessity tmthat makes it useable.
9 Mar 2019, 23:59 PM

I don't get you wrong don't worry.

The ability could be moved to VET 0 and rebalanced so that it scale with veterancy. That could also be solution for things like volley fire.
10 Mar 2019, 03:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2019, 23:59 PMVipper

I don't get you wrong don't worry.

The ability could be moved to VET 0 and rebalanced so that it scale with veterancy. That could also be solution for things like volley fire.

If it is a vet 0 ability, it is more acceptable. Just hope the cooldown and munition cost is low enough for them to keep using it. And it will not cost a force reload to use it. Since the engagement in team game is quite tight.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★