Login

russian armor

Vickers need suppression

8 Mar 2019, 20:21 PM

Why not give it more suppression but nerf some of its damage? Currently 2 things it is best at is wiping squads on retreat and beating other MGs in a 1 on 1. I doubt most people want their heavy MG to be only good at that. I personally think its high damage is the biggest issue because with the current damage, unless the vickers insta suppressed in a burst or less, it kills a model and has to retrack, and if it could consistently suppress that fast with its high damage it would probably be a little too strong.

I also feel its currently a bit inconsistent, while typically its pretty meh sometimes it vets up fast to vet 2 then feels pretty good.
8 Mar 2019, 20:27 PM

Basically you can blob strum and frontally pass through it without the second squad getting pinned. Vicker can only pin the squad it targeted after second burst.

Basically a retard play (sturmblob) wreks your playstile...
Im not going to say it but you shouLd find at least 2 more Problems to change vickers IMO
8 Mar 2019, 20:31 PM

Why not give it more suppression but nerf some of its damage? Currently 2 things it is best at is wiping squads on retreat and beating other MGs in a 1 on 1. I doubt most people want their heavy MG to be only good at that. I personally think its high damage is the biggest issue because with the current damage, unless the vickers insta suppressed in a burst or less, it kills a model and has to retrack, and if it could consistently suppress that fast with its high damage it would probably be a little too strong.

I also feel its currently a bit inconsistent, while typically its pretty meh sometimes it vets up fast to vet 2 then feels pretty good.

I agree with you.

In other thread i gave the idea to normalize all HMG suppression and then balance each one with DPS or abilities. To give all HMGs a usable starting point.

I just want to point out that for OST is pretty painfull to see grens getting models killed really fast, when you get 2 models remaining its insta retreat, same effect would be for vickers to suppress as fast as an MG42, but in the first case you caused manpower bleed, in the other one you just deviated a possible assault. Many will disagree but vickers is really good with that dmg instead of suppression.

And finally if 1 vickers is not enough, get 2 and voila! Enjoy your murderer cone of axis death. Also pretty logic if the other player rushes with 2 or more squads.
8 Mar 2019, 20:32 PM

lol vickers is actually worthless as all hell. the amount of times i've had volks just mob forward aimlessly ESPECIALLY WITH STGS and beat it out is unreal. I actually end up glad they end up taking it off my hands if they end up stealing it.

MG42 is worthless because 2 guard squads can kill it frontally.
8 Mar 2019, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2019, 20:32 PMFarlon

:clap:

Guards :nahnah: -> HMG42 :gimpy:

No one loves poor HMG42... :(
8 Mar 2019, 21:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Completely unrelated, but nice to see a post from you. You were before my time, but it's cool to see you drop in to provide input.
8 Mar 2019, 21:21 PM

both maxim and vicker need a bit more suppression especially aoe suppression as they kill the model too fast
9 Mar 2019, 02:18 AM

Basically a retard play (sturmblob) wreks your playstile...
Im not going to say it but you shouLd find at least 2 more Problems to change vickers IMO
learn to laugh at my opponent or teammate that build a vicker and get rekt by retarded strum blob and volks blob without flanking, right? I always do so, so thanks for your "useful" advice for ignoring the fact that Vickers is underperforming from doing its duty which is supposed to be suppression.
9 Mar 2019, 02:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2019, 20:32 PMFarlon

test? I can sure it never happened, unless the mg42 crew is in low health.
9 Mar 2019, 02:22 AM

It actually does its job. Fire superiority at the frontal cone. It has better damage and kills more expensive infantry. Sry mr "i want suppression" but vickers is useful as far as you understand its strenghs and stop demanding suppression simply because you bring axis MG into comparison. If HMG42 didnt existed would you be ranting for more suppression? I dont think so
9 Mar 2019, 02:29 AM

It actually does its job. Fire superiority at the frontal cone. It has better damage and kills more expensive infantry. Sry mr "i want suppression" but vickers is useful as far as you understand its strenghs and stop demanding suppression simply because you bring axis MG into comparison. If HMG42 didnt existed would you be ranting for more suppression? I dont think so

But, you can't ignore mg42 as it is actually exist in game as a fact. Please dont forget Vickers is more expensive. And no one wants it strength to be dealing DPS. I understand that its strength is actually not its strength but its weakness. MG is supposed to suppress blob, but this basic function should not be restricted on MG42 only.
9 Mar 2019, 02:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Completely unrelated, but nice to see a post from you. You were before my time, but it's cool to see you drop in to provide input.

Also entirely unrelated: Holy crap I had no idea he went pro in Siege!?
9 Mar 2019, 02:32 AM

But, you can't ignore mg42 as it is actually exist in game as a fact. Please dont forget Vickers is more expensive. And no one wants it strength to be dealing DPS. I understand that its strength is actually not its strength but its weakness. MG is supposed to suppress blob, but this basic function should not be restricted on MG42 only.

It's not more expensive at all. And while MG42 is good at suppressing squads, it dies to frontal blobs too unless supported(like any other MG)
9 Mar 2019, 02:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2019, 02:32 AMFarlon

It's not more expensive at all. And while MG42 is good at suppressing squads, it dies to frontal blobs too unless supported(like any other MG)
I still remembered the patchnote said ostheer is compensated with 60 MP more for the MG42 price increase. So it is still cheaper. It doesn't die to frontal blob, sorry.
9 Mar 2019, 02:38 AM

I still remembered the patchnote said ostheer is compensated with 60 MP more for the MG42 price increase. So it is still cheaper. It doesn't die to frontal blob, sorry.

They cost the same amount of MP. And it does die to a frontal blob if you don't spot for it unless it's a conscript blob or models are inside each other.
9 Mar 2019, 02:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2019, 02:38 AMFarlon

They cost the same amount of MP. And it does die to a frontal blob if you don't spot for it unless it's a conscript blob or models are inside each other.

More details? Test? Data? In which condition?
9 Mar 2019, 02:55 AM

More details? Test? Data? In which condition?

Mid to late game in every condition where MG is alone and outside of a garrison(because apparently, the model operating the gun doesn't benefit from any other cover). Infantry just tends to snipe the MG operator especially units like guards, upped rifles etc. And I'm speaking from experience where I both lost MGs and killed MGs that way. And I'm not saying that MG42 is trash or anything but it does die to blobs just like any other MG if it's unsupported and sure Vickers isn't the best MG out there and could use some rework for better vet and suppression instead of damage, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.
9 Mar 2019, 03:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2019, 02:55 AMFarlon

Mid to late game in every condition where MG is alone and outside of a garrison(because apparently, the model operating the gun doesn't benefit from any other cover). Infantry just tends to snipe the MG operator especially units like guards, upped rifles etc. And I'm speaking from experience where I both lost MGs and killed MGs that way. And I'm not saying that MG42 is trash or anything but it does die to blobs just like any other MG if it's unsupported and sure Vickers isn't the best MG out there and could use some rework for better vet and suppression instead of damage, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

But I have conducted a test in cheat mod.

First scenario: Both MG42 and vicker are vet 0 and having full vision and even without cover.

First case: MG42 vs 3 vet 0 rifleman without any weapon upgraded charge frontally

Result: rifleman can't reach grenade range and all 3 get red pinned before that.

Second case: Vicker vs 3 vet 0 volks without any weapon upgraded charge frontally

Result: First volks get into nade range before receive yellow pinned. Second Volks crawl into nade range while in yellow pin status. Vicker is dead.

Second scenario: Both MG42 and vicker are vet 0 and having its own vision only without cover.

First case: MG42 vs 3 vet 0 rifleman without any weapon upgraded stop moving and attack each other immediately once contact.

Result: MG42 drop a model with around 50%HP left and all 3 rifleman get red pinned.

Second case: Vicker vs 3 vet 0 volks without any weapon upgraded stop moving and attack each other immediately once contact.

Result: Vicker dead.

Conclusion, Retarded play is encouraged (on one side) and is cheaper.

9 Mar 2019, 03:46 AM

source: dude trust me... yeah
9 Mar 2019, 03:52 AM

source: dude trust me... yeah

You can test it out in cheat mod also. The result is the same. If you like, I can upload the replay of cheatmod as well. One thing I can sure is that you aren't constructive in discussion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★