Login

russian armor

New ideas for devs to use. AKA Brainstorm.

ddd
1 Mar 2019, 07:37 AM

This is not the place for this type of comments!
:ot:

I just made suggestion against making, in my opinion, wrong additions to the game. Is this thread only for new units addotions? Btw mod chill with that censorship a bit.
2 Mar 2019, 21:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

A few outlandish ideas;
1. Enable full moddability, remove the restrictions on the tools and the game.
2. Add squad-ai and the old formations back into single-player/comp-stomp, so it doesn't look so boring.
3. Add old, unused abilities back in to reduce the amount of commander-ability overlap.
4. Reduce accuracy of units across the board, in order to give more emphasis to cover and good positioning.
3 Mar 2019, 00:06 AM

During the last map revamp someone brought up the idea of bringing the Ardennes Assault maps into the automatch rotation.

Sturmpanther had me look over Bulligen Spearhead. There was too much going on with the automatch maps. So it was never even looked at, but it is on STEAM.

RosGen SpearHead

Major changes were fuel position changes and opening areas to create bigger battles. Opened a few paths thru fences for maneuverability.

UNIT OBSTACLE DEMOLITION
It Would be nice if units could break small fences, hedges etc. This way maps could be made more naturally with lots of fences and players could strategize where to make paths thru the map. The breakdown time should equal how strong the obstacle is. Like fences can get kicked down by anyone. Walls take extra time. Hedges take a long time to clear. Could have doctrinal demos (like the brit demo) for each army to call up on heavy dense maps.

Could be applied to doors and windows on buildings also. It takes a few seconds to break down a door or smash a window, but once broken you can pop in and out as normal.
3 Mar 2019, 19:06 PM

+1 To obstacle demolition and map additions
6 Mar 2019, 09:56 AM

I agree, I would replace almost all Soviet infantry skins except summer conscripts, summer shock troops and summer snipers, Maxim and the Guns crew the rest are completely inaccurate.

Highly possible feature in future CoH3. In DoW3 you could reskin not only vehicules but also infantry models. Don't think they will abandone this mechanic, especially assuming that next game will be in Africa where there were multi-national armies.

Rocket arty need to be only non doctinal or coh3 will be another arty fest with idiots with four panzerwerfers or katiusha and balance should be more around 4vs4 especially fuel and muni income

Seperate balance and resources system across all gamemods is needed. There is too many differences between 1v1 and 4v4.

What i would also love to see:

1. Air battles, plane fights,
2. Rejoining the game. After you drop the match you can get back again (allow to kinda overcome errors like bugsplat in teamgames),
3. assualting the houses, building shouldn't be a closed space on the battlefield,
4. infantry can be transported by tanks,
5. add audio option to have separated national voiceline to each faction (wermaht has german voicelines, soviet has russian, brits with their own acent etc.),
6. removed friendly fire or at least highly reduced,
7. ability to repair houses and other neutral buildings,
8. customize commanders
6 Mar 2019, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2019, 09:56 AMStark

Don't think they will abandone this mechanic, especially assuming that next game will be in Africa where there were multi-national armies.

for example

Polish ground troops were present in the North Africa Campaign (siege of Tobruk); the Italian campaign (including the capture of the monastery hill at the Battle of Monte Cassino)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★