Login

russian armor

Brits and double leig

18 Feb 2019, 19:21 PM

There's literally no way to counter this as far as I can see, except sextons which come about 7cp late for that. Hard to use vickers and lmg sections with leigs around, but there's no way to avoid them most of the time and Brits have no mobile indirect except landmattress, which takes 4 hours to recharge and doesn't really kill anything at max range FoW anyway.

Anyone have any way to play against this?
18 Feb 2019, 19:25 PM

Commandos, mostly. Infiltration if you can. Keeps the vet off them at worst, and the ability to advance through cover and hold positions in stealth make a big difference in the amount of indirect fire you take.

That said, brit indirect is still hideously lacking. A well done MG/LeiG combo is an absolute pain to remove as UKF.
18 Feb 2019, 19:50 PM

Commandos, mostly. Infiltration if you can. Keeps the vet off them at worst, and the ability to advance through cover and hold positions in stealth make a big difference in the amount of indirect fire you take.

That said, brit indirect is still hideously lacking. A well done MG/LeiG combo is an absolute pain to remove as UKF.

+1

LeIgs are really annoying to deal with as Brits, and apart from what you and SeductiveCardboardBox wrote, I think only a really aggressive inf section play - preferably with the support of a command vehicle AEC- work against this I would say.

On a side note, mortar pit does NOT counter LeIgs, the LeIgs counter the mortar pit!
23 Feb 2019, 21:20 PM

Yeah I only bother using brits at all for commandos. They help, but they do nothing to solve the problem unless your opponent is an idiot and leaves his leigs like right on the frontlines, and they won't be able to put pressure on his leigs at all if there's a schwerer up most likely

+1

On a side note, mortar pit does NOT counter LeIgs, the LeIgs counter the mortar pit!

Yeah pretty much.
26 Feb 2019, 08:48 AM

Another possibility, but by no means a sure fire solution, is to use a UKF sniper to counter the LeiGs.

Sneak him forward, use him to spot for possible arty abilities, use snipers flare marker or just try to pick off models. Of course its very much map dependent but its an alternative at least.

LeiG spam, covered by a flack truck with IR halftrack and spec ops flare spam is an absolute nightmare for Brits as they don't have the indirect options to deal with it. More often than not, it means giving up the ground completly and holding out until you get something powerful out like LM's or crocs.

If I'm not mistaken there is also a bug with the LeiG's crew cover where its gives green cover for the sides as well which makes flanking an trying to gun down the crew harder than expected. Often times you get the jump on the LeiG but it can just walk away without losing models.
29 Mar 2019, 08:15 AM

Well don't bother building ANY emplacements in that situation for starters.
29 Mar 2019, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 08:15 AMCODGUY

You don't build emplacements anyway at a high level unless you're going in deep on the Magic Repairs commander.
8 Aug 2019, 13:30 PM

Another possibility, but by no means a sure fire solution, is to use a UKF sniper to counter the LeiGs.

Sneak him forward, use him to spot for possible arty abilities, use snipers flare marker or just try to pick off models. Of course its very much map dependent but its an alternative at least.

LeiG spam, covered by a flack truck with IR halftrack and spec ops flare spam is an absolute nightmare for Brits as they don't have the indirect options to deal with it. More often than not, it means giving up the ground completly and holding out until you get something powerful out like LM's or crocs.

If I'm not mistaken there is also a bug with the LeiG's crew cover where its gives green cover for the sides as well which makes flanking an trying to gun down the crew harder than expected. Often times you get the jump on the LeiG but it can just walk away without losing models.

Keep in mind I'm pretty new to the game but I just watched VonIvan play a match against a Sim City Brit build and his 2 LeiG's couldn't kill the emplacements fast enough. I mean he had 2 LeiG's vetted to 5 stars too. They just couldn't do it. Even with a Sturmtiger helping it out.

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463899719 (its the first match of that stream)
8 Aug 2019, 13:58 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I like the 25 pounders in the base. Although I find it pretty lackluster sometimes, especially when I don't have company command (T3) for the 2nd howitzer. I almost always use pyrotechnics just so I can utilize the 25s and sometimes I do all pyros and no medkits cause I just build a medic bunker in base :D

But yes, multiple indirect pieces vs an army that needs to stand still in cover is annoying...
8 Aug 2019, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2019, 13:30 PMCalx9

Keep in mind I'm pretty new to the game but I just watched VonIvan play a match against a Sim City Brit build and his 2 LeiG's couldn't kill the emplacements fast enough. I mean he had 2 LeiG's vetted to 5 stars too. They just couldn't do it. Even with a Sturmtiger helping it out.

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463899719 (its the first match of that stream)

>Has 2 Leigs.
>Targets the 1200 HP emplacements with 4800 EHP when braced that constantly get auto-repaired.
>Never bothers to target the 480 HP Repair Stations that get no auto-repairs and cost 400 MP each.

I mean, VonIvan is a good player, but you can see he doesn't face Sim City often.
8 Aug 2019, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 08:15 AMCODGUY

Yeah nodoby who's any good even bothers with them in the first place. That's not my issue.

I like the 25 pounders in the base. Although I find it pretty lackluster sometimes, especially when I don't have company command (T3) for the 2nd howitzer. I almost always use pyrotechnics just so I can utilize the 25s and sometimes I do all pyros and no medkits cause I just build a medic bunker in base :D

But yes, multiple indirect pieces vs an army that needs to stand still in cover is annoying...

Yeah I've actually come to appreciate pyrotechnics a lot now. It's pretty cheap to use and at least forces them to screw off for a while, but it's still not like an ideal counter for leigs obviously.
20 Aug 2019, 20:56 PM

Often if they have to build 2 leigs, they will be lacking in the infantry department so if you're building infantry whilst they are building leigs you should outgun them easy, so push into them (although I agree this is a pain in the arse if they have a OST teammate with an mg42).

OKW cant afford to let you outgun them early game as the one advantage they have is the ungodly amount of men they can throw at you in the first 4 minutes. Brits are the only allied faction that can compete against volks like this early game. But if they build leigs instead, you should cut down their volks easy peasy. Commandos at 3cp will clean up their teamweapons in no time and if they haven't been spamming volks, the commandos will clean them up too.

I disagree on dont build emplacements. On narrow maps, like ettelbrucke etc, 2 leigs behind an mg42 wall can be awful to deal with without indirect fire. But this can play into your hands too. It's well known the 2 leigs can counter a mortar pit, so on a narrow map, just build a second mortar pit and defend them both with an MG and mines. (or bofors or whatever) I personally like to rush out 3 squads of sappers with flame throwers to torch anything that gets suppressed by the mg and then you can use them to repair the mortar pits too. Watch them squash everything on the map. In order to counter that, they'll need 4 leigs which means they physically wont be able to defend them as they wont have any infantry. More likely they will rush a stuka to deal with them so its probably wise to invest in a cromwell/AEC to dive it early, that will set them back massively.

Yup, if you can't beat 'em, join em. If they want to play Leig cancer, show them some sim city cancer. 2 mortar pits will squash every weapon team on the map, you can use them to smoke off their mgs for a push and they'll also splat any infantry that get stuck too.

Late game, if you have enough fuel, just play a mostly armour roster, vehicle crew repairs on mobile assault/royal engineers/vanguard mean you dont need to build many engineers to keep them topped up either.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★