Login

russian armor

How is the game state for people right now?

Are we enjoying the current state of the game?
Option Distribution Votes
76%
24%
Total votes: 66
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
18 Feb 2019, 17:37 PM

As the title, but to elaborate:

How are people finding the balances of the game these recent patches, and the game in general? I'm personally enjoying the variety, for the most part. I like the changes, which is something.

Mostly to the USF, especially since the tech tree revamp. I've also enjoyed my games a lot more, since i'm not facing the same thing over and over when playing against OST or OKW. It's good to see more LV usage, as well as a more varied army, and less cheesy army. Sure, some nerfs sting a little, but over all, im quite enjoying the meta.

how is everyone else?
ddd
18 Feb 2019, 17:47 PM

Being forced to use cheesy call in units like ass engies or cav rifles in truck to stay competitive as usf is bad. Everyone is skipping rifles and when skipping rifles is not an option then nobody plays usf. Not enjoying.
18 Feb 2019, 17:49 PM

Riflemen need a little buff, otherwise all is well, USF doesn't feel as weak anymore even vs OKW.
18 Feb 2019, 18:00 PM

Riflemen need a little buff, otherwise all is well, USF doesn't feel as weak anymore even vs OKW.

I Agree, having simple things such as Cav riflemen or (which is literally rifleman with better CQC and a snare) mixes things up a little, its honestly just what was needed.
I like the revamped mechanised in general, it Feels like it covers most bases, up until mediums hit the field. I honestly dont think they need a buff (rifles), because even though they come online at vet 2, the bonuses received make it worth it. if there were a buff, i'd really only want a slightly lower reinforcement cost, because its biggest weakness is manpower bleed, but every faction has to have their downfalls, for USF its inft cost and limited lategame (but hey, at least I can still be competitive in the late game).

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 17:47 PMddd
Being forced to use cheesy call in units like ass engies or cav rifles in truck to stay competitive as usf is bad. Everyone is skipping rifles and when skipping rifles is not an option then nobody plays usf. Not enjoying.

To be honest, I don't rely much on Cav rifles. Yeah they have great CQC, but closing the distance to use that power sometimes proves troublesome, unless shotblockers are involved. I usually only have maybe 2 at most in my lineup, rifleman can engage earlier, and usually trade down less.
Ass Engies were never really intended to take into late game inft, and were usually better suited for utility roles. Mines, demos, repair speed and critical repair.

ddd
18 Feb 2019, 18:04 PM

I Agree, having simple things such as Cav riflemen or (which is literally rifleman with better CQC and a snare) mixes things up a little, its honestly just what was needed.
I like the revamped mechanised in general, it Feels like it covers most bases, up until mediums hit the field. I honestly dont think they need a buff (rifles), because even though they come online at vet 2, the bonuses received make it worth it. if there were a buff, i'd really only want a slightly lower reinforcement cost, because its biggest weakness is manpower bleed, but every faction has to have their downfalls, for USF its inft cost and limited lategame (but hey, at least I can still be competitive in the late game).

To be honest, I don't rely much on Cav rifles. Yeah they have great CQC, but closing the distance to use that power sometimes proves troublesome, unless shotblockers are involved. I usually only have maybe 2 at most in my lineup, rifleman can engage earlier, and usually trade down less.
Ass Engies were never really intended to take into late game inft, and were usually better suited for utility roles. Mines, demos, repair speed and critical repair.

The trick is to put cav rifles into truck and wipe some volks squads. OKW doesnt have good answer to that early game. But still its a cheesy tactic thats necessary with current riflemen performance.
18 Feb 2019, 18:10 PM

Better than ever before
Just last few offenders and then a bunch of minor ones and...

Well, certain match ups are rather unfair, like 1vs1 USF vs OKW or Brits vs OST, but more or less…

Kinda wish that more focus would be moved towards map balance, which is often in way worse states than army balance has ever been
18 Feb 2019, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 18:04 PMddd

The trick is to put cav rifles into truck and wipe some volks squads. OKW doesnt have good answer to that early game. But still its a cheesy tactic thats necessary with current riflemen performance.

honestly, the best fix for that would probably give the car less armor.
I also suppose it cant really be compared to a clown car, because that comes on later. You're right that is pretty cheesy, but to do that is locked to that commander, so I do feel it does balance it a little. but i might actually look into that. That's strange though, because at CP1 is when cavs come in, why is no one building an early racketen? and it does sort of hurt your starting lineup if you do that too. I know before i said its hard to compare to a clown car, but in terms of investment, it does hurt your starting lineup if it fails.
18 Feb 2019, 18:14 PM

Better than ever before
Just last few offenders and then a bunch of minor ones and...

Well, certain match ups are rather unfair, like 1vs1 USF vs OKW or Brits vs OST, but more or less…

Kinda wish that more focus would be moved towards map balance, which is often in way worse states than army balance has ever been

are you talking about the 1v1 game mode or the 1v1 unit performances?

I don't play 1v1 (tbh the pace is kind of slow for me). I mostly play 2v2s and sometimes 3v3s

If 1v1 GM, then I cant really comment, I dont play it often.

Edit:

I agree with the map focus. Trios especially, the retreat for USF is bugged. lmao
ddd
18 Feb 2019, 18:16 PM

honestly, the best fix for that would probably give the car less armor.
I also suppose it cant really be compared to a clown car, because that comes on later. You're right that is pretty cheesy, but to do that is locked to that commander, so I do feel it does balance it a little. but i might actually look into that. That's strange though, because at CP1 is when cavs come in, why is no one building an early racketen? and it does sort of hurt your starting lineup if you do that too. I know before i said its hard to compare to a clown car, but in terms of investment, it does hurt your starting lineup if it fails.

My point wasnt really that its batshit OP rather that it overperforms compared to other tools usf has. Its also hard to deal with as okw because lack of snares early. From my expirience going wc51 into 2 rifles lets you get early map controll and fast command point since you can fight early with rifle squad and truck. Then just call in cav rifle, up to thompson, put in truck and go wipe a squad. Truck also can survive one raketten hit so you have some room to breathe. I dont think nerfing its armor is good idea, its already pretty bad.
18 Feb 2019, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 18:16 PMddd

My point wasnt really that its batshit OP rather that it overperforms compared to other tools usf has. Its also hard to deal with as okw because lack of snares early. From my expirience going wc51 into 2 rifles lets you get early map controll and fast command point since you can fight early with rifle squad and truck. Then just call in cav rifle, up to thompson, put in truck and go wipe a squad. Truck also can survive one raketten hit so you have some room to breathe. I dont think nerfing its armor is good idea, its already pretty bad.

Yeah, the Armor nerf would be a bit brutal. I don't want a commander locked Kubel that cost muni for the MG.
What about putting the unit build on CD from the start of the game, would that work?

Ignore that. Im tired. lmfao
18 Feb 2019, 18:22 PM

I'd say its the best its been.

I think UKF needs some more love though as they can still feel very awkward to play.
18 Feb 2019, 18:23 PM

The only buff I think Rifles need is veterancy bonuses being spreaded more evenly than massive buffs at vet2 and 3.
18 Feb 2019, 18:37 PM

The game has definitely been improving and I've been enjoying it but there are still several units that could use some love and another round of commander revamps would be great to add more variety to the game with more viable commanders.
18 Feb 2019, 18:43 PM

are you talking about the 1v1 game mode or the 1v1 unit performances?

I don't play 1v1 (tbh the pace is kind of slow for me). I mostly play 2v2s and sometimes 3v3s

If 1v1 GM, then I cant really comment, I dont play it often.

Edit:

I agree with the map focus. Trios especially, the retreat for USF is bugged. lmao

Unit performances are the same in all modes
Difference is, that in team games for example, its a lot easier to contain the broken OKW early game, OST has harder time exploiting holes in Brit army, and so on
On the other hand, it has its own problems, arty spam, possibly ISU too much of a comeback tool and so on

But yeah, maps are messed up across all modes, yet way less difficult to fix than faction balance

18 Feb 2019, 21:28 PM

The game is hell of allot better than few years ago..lots of great changes for USF, OKW and balance patches!
19 Feb 2019, 01:49 AM

Apart from a few obvious hiccups (jaegers, pre-nerf assengies), IMO balance is the best its ever been and we continually get patches moving in net positive directions in terms of balance, and even getting more in the way of commander viability/variety. I've been having a lot of fun lately, at least as much as ever if not more.
19 Feb 2019, 03:08 AM

IR pathfinders/Paratroopers spam/blobby
Or I see my teammates getting wrecked from the greyhounds

Just overall bobbing with payoff outweighs the penalty
19 Feb 2019, 12:39 PM

In my personal opinion the game is going in wrong direction with powerful infantry early on that can brutally and frontally attack the enemy.

Or powerful light vehicles that simply hold too much shock value.

The use of combined arm has simply been lowered.

The fire fights simply last a sort period and do not actually allow tactical movement to have meaningful impact.
19 Feb 2019, 12:54 PM

The much faster patch cycle is doing the game a lot of good.
19 Feb 2019, 13:02 PM

I don´t really like it because blobbing is simply the most efficient strategy basically until late game. The game seems way more cancerous than before the commander revamp.

Ostheer is completly fucked at the moment by the USF changes (especially 0 CP Pathfinders). No one even plays Ost anymore in 1v1 or 2v2 if they are trying to win.

I personally think Pathfinders should be 1 CP again, Jägers 2 CP. That would fix some issues IMO.

UKF in general seems fine now after Valentine got limited to 1.

Unfortunately the assymetic balance that we have in COH2 is always going to mean winning a match largely depends on matchup and map. OKW doesn´t really stand a chance on open maps against UKF for example. Yet if you play OKW against UKF on a close range map it´s almost a default win for OKW if skill levels are equal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★