russian armor

Ostheer MG/Early

• This thread is locked
PAGES (13)down
1 Mar 2019, 16:54 PM

No it really isn't. Here's a list of Ostheer units that won't be affected:

Literally all of them except the mg42

"Oh but it will effect timing and it delays other units"
Very VERY slightly yes. If you think this will be a critically debilitating change than you have an unhealthy bias towards Ostheer.

Then of course there's the fact I've already said I want to increase the cost of all MGs. And the performance of most of them too

You are forgetting the time frame factor. The nerf you are suggesting is in the first ostheer unit and even small nerf can have a huge impact, this has been clearly demonstrated by the changes in Reckon commander and the huge impact changes in timing turned an average commander into an OP commander.

Ostheer have the best HMG (and they already have lost their superiority in their other support weapons) by design and there is hardly any reason to nerf it unless one want to change that design.
1 Mar 2019, 18:42 PM

How about this:

ost doesn't need training wheels anymore, its a big boy now and can ride his bike without help

Lower prices just for being ost is imbalanced, especially since they already get extra mp on start.

This is a very valid point. As always Katitof, i admire your assertivity.
I would agree the "training wheels" as an analogy of HMG42 low cost. Loosing one is not that hard punishing, economically speaking, But still its hard to recover that lost HMG.

How would you make up for the HMG cost increase? (if you were to) With regards of not punish OST early game i mean. A single gren buff would be a bad idea, it will unbalance them into blobs or overperform for their cost. If the gren cost went down, would that be bad?

1 Mar 2019, 20:36 PM

How would you make up for the HMG cost increase? (if you were to) With regards of not punish OST early game i mean. A single gren buff would be a bad idea, it will unbalance them into blobs or overperform for their cost. If the gren cost went down, would that be bad?

I wouldn't, because performance wise, every single ost unit(arguably except ostwind unless its spammed) does perform very well for its timing and cost with that one single T0 exception.

We also literally talk about less then 4 seconds of mp income in early game, meanwhile bonus mp saves you 16 seconds you'd have to wait for otherwise.

Unless you want to spam them, you won't even notice and it won't be *puts on volks hat* punching above its weight anymore *takes off volks hat*.

Again, training wheels can come off now and no, ice cone in return is not needed.
1 Mar 2019, 23:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah, Ost doesn't need a nerf right now. The ostwind was never fixed. The buff the ostwind was promised can be actually a nerf at times. Brum literally worse than kv8 as it has less health and armor Kv8 actually kills at gun crew faster than a Brum which needs 2 shots = 7 seconds, Kv8 only needs 4 secs to burn. Stug is a bit overnerfed and its TWP is bugged, and useless too and the stormtroopers are questionable as the grenade they have is no longer the bundle and the tactical advance ability is worthless with mp40s. AND THE BALANCE TEAM DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THIS. So hell no Ost doesn't deserve a nerf at all when their problems haven't been addressed yet.

GO AND NERF OKW. Volks should be 260 and the close range dps of the stg should be nerfed. If JLI are still op, nerf them too. In fact the nerfed JLI still perform better than G43 pgrens IN EVERY WAY. Cheaper, comes faster, has camo, sprint, accuracy ambush, booby traps, a rare OKW unit that still gets vet 4,5 combat vet.
1 Mar 2019, 23:14 PM

Since JLI nerf, they actually cost more than G43 Grens, both MP and Muni wise.

Also Sturmtruppen with MP40s and Tactical Wipe aren't useless, they just got a new role as ambush units, not as Sneaky PGs that cost you 100 munitions. More than just giving Ambush Cammo to actual PGs with free STGs.
1 Mar 2019, 23:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Since JLI nerf, they actually cost more than G43 Grens, both MP and Muni wise.

Also Sturmtruppen with MP40s and Tactical Wipe aren't useless, they just got a new role as ambush units, not as Sneaky PGs that cost you 100 munitions. More than just giving Ambush Cammo to actual PGs with free STGs.

i said g43 pgrens. not grens. JLI RA = 0.8, Pgren RA = 0.8. you can't use a 0.91 ra unit for comparison. Go try using tactical assault. There's almost no good time to use it. Using it against inf that are shooting back at u will actually get your stormtroopers killed. The best time is to use them on support weapons, but they're dead anyways if u catch them.
2 Mar 2019, 04:44 AM

Oh, sorry D: I didn't go back that far!
3 Mar 2019, 07:45 AM

I am still for changing it with HMG34 and buff the Ostwind with a timed suppression-abilty, changing it to same weapon-profile as OKW base for 20sec.

I tested that some month ago, it was very balanced and worked well.

Off-topic: Vickers also has to get less DPS then, profile of Maxim but old suppression.

OKW gets the HMG42 instead of HMG34.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight