Login

russian armor

Recon Support this patch

17 Feb 2019, 18:18 PM

Why adding the 50 sec cooldown?No one wants to build rifleman !!

Says a lot about the Riflemen, USF's main selling point (or they should be), being replaced entirey by AEs or IR Pathfinders.
18 Feb 2019, 17:27 PM

Allied players can suck it. They forgot that the Brum was triple nerfed to the ground in the hotfix and they still can't stop crying about JLI. I don't even play OKW so u can't say that I care. I'm just happy these allied crybabies are getting a taste of their own medicine.

I love people like you, you cry for change the moment Allies get a tiny buff, USF in particular.

I can understand increasing the cost to match Airborne pathfinders but why the 50 second cooldown at start? Just when you give Relic credit to take things slow and incremental they pull this kind of stuff. The Pack Howie nerf is also kind of strange seeing as how it's not very meta.

The pack howie nerf actually hurts alot, Most of the time i actually end up just GIVING away a free PAK because it got counter barraged by some form of arty, seen as it really only last like maybe a hit or two.
I can't justify it. The vet is smoothed out quite nicely, vet 1 for Phosphorous, vet 2 for AT barrage Vet 3 for decent acc buff. Dont know the accuracy of though, its late and I can't seem to recall.
I've found LV's are the way to go for my Tier at the moment, so having a Pak over an AT gun drop is kinda difficult to play around, since a 222 or a Luchs will usually commit for it. I don't particularity enjoy teching captain over LT, mainly for the HMG and Stuart. But i think i have to do that now. After playing a few matches, I think the muni cost should just be removed, along with the Pak howie. the Para squad is decent enough by themselves, and that 80 cost is almost two zooks or M1919s, and allows for better flexibility for the battlefield, especially since paras are pretty squish without vet. But i've never disliked Paras.

18 Feb 2019, 17:45 PM

Pack Howitzer currently has zero chances to survive any direct hit in the gun, it gets wiped 100% of the time now by anything coming close to it, I guess the nerf worked as intended.
20 Feb 2019, 04:47 AM
Patrion 27

Well, when are Assault Grenadiers gonna have a 50 second cooldown?
20 Feb 2019, 05:03 AM

Well, when are Assault Grenadiers gonna have a 50 second cooldown?

Ass grens are designed to be mainline replacement not a support squad. Try to think before you whine yes?
20 Feb 2019, 07:56 AM

Ass grens are designed to be mainline replacement not a support squad.

And they're really bad at this.
20 Feb 2019, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2019, 07:56 AMFarlon

And they're really bad at this.

Regardless of their current performance (I agree they could use a small buff, even tied to the battle phase system that locks their scaling to teching up) they are meant to be an alternative mainline whereas paths are supposed to be used to augment rifles, not replace them
20 Feb 2019, 08:53 AM

I like idea with pack howitzer or even cost increase to pathfinders but 50sec cooldawn its too much. Change that to 30sec and we gut.

50 sec cooldown equal of time build of 2 riflemen so your second pathfinder squad will come almost exactly as your second unit you will build from HQ. I guess that should prevent from early game advantage of builing 1 riflemen and call-in straight away 1 call-in infantry.

Commander is still worth using though
20 Feb 2019, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2019, 08:53 AMStark

50 sec cooldown equal of time build of 2 riflemen so your second pathfinder squad will come almost exactly as your second unit you will build from HQ. I guess that should prevent from early game advantage of builing 1 riflemen and call-in straight away 1 call-in infantry.

after a few games (4vs4only) i think this commander is still pretty solid i guess no more change is needed here.
If u are brave enough and you are pretty sure that your teammate will hold the line u can go for mortar>bunker>pathfinders>ambu>pathfinders>OFICCER>atgun>pathfinders this works on maps like port hamburg, 4vs4 of course
23 Feb 2019, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2019, 08:53 AMStark

It's also worth taking into account that on some maps they spawn wayyyyy behind the base too but it seems to mostly parallel the timing of a second rifleman.
23 Feb 2019, 19:34 PM

I'm still maining Recon Support and the changes are fine. I really didn't like them at first, especially the bump in price of I&R, but after playing it a lot I don't have any issues with it and feel like it's still in a good spot.

I actually don't mind the airdropped pack howie at all either, it's actually pretty nice to get one that way, and since most players are just still skipping Lt. altogether and going Captain, a 270mp AT gun is easy to get other ways. Support Paras are still a fantastic unit, especially with Bazookas, and their ability to lay mines gives this commander another big advantage.

The main issue plaguing this commander before was that the Greyhound came out just a little bit too late, and that was fixed.

I feel like it's still one of the better USF commanders outside of Raid tactics, great in 1v1 and team games. I just love the Greyhound, it's so great at chasing retreating units, and while the canister shot is kind of mediocre, it still does a decent amount of damage, especially when you see a unit clumped up about to use a panzerfaust on your greyhound (since the player likely won't move their unit or else risk interrupting the faust). I've also had success using it on retreating units if you aim it properly, dealing damage so you can more easily chase the squad and kill it. That said, it really sucks until you get it the .50cal, and if you don't have ammo for it early it's not going to be very effective. Its damage against vehicles is questionable, but I understand why it's so low since it's primarily an AI vehicle, not AT, and giving it too much AT damage might make it unbalanced vs. its counters in Luchs / 222s.
23 Feb 2019, 20:24 PM

I really don't get the hate for raid tactics. I get the commander is muni heavy but it's so versatile. I play mainly team games so I get the economy is alot different but it's only 40mu! Tech for an m20 and you have a cheap, fast capping unit that forces the enemy to mine like a Mofo or cache up. Again, it's only 40 mu!
23 Feb 2019, 22:16 PM

I really don't get the hate for raid tactics. I get the commander is muni heavy but it's so versatile. I play mainly team games so I get the economy is alot different but it's only 40mu! Tech for an m20 and you have a cheap, fast capping unit that forces the enemy to mine like a Mofo or cache up. Again, it's only 40 mu!

I don't hate it, it's just hard to justify spending the 40 ammo when there's so many other things in recon support that require ammo; support paradrop, greyhound mg / canister shots, BARs for your I&R pathfinders / riflemen, butterfly bombs, zooks / LMG on the paras etc.

I'll try it out when I have an abundance of ammo though, see how it works with the greyhound. Another issue is I generally avoid the M20 and just get a Greyhound currently, as the M20 is great, as are its mines but I avoid teching Lt. most games and just go Captain for the AT gun and rush out a sherman after my Greyhound. Also, it's hard to justify using it with the Greyhound because I don't want to waste time capping points with something I can constantly be on the offensive with. Also I hate having to dump 70 ammo into M20s armor skirt to make it survivable, it's just more ammo I don't really ever have unless I completely avoid getting BARs.
24 Feb 2019, 02:57 AM

I don't hate it, it's just hard to justify spending the 40 ammo when there's so many other things in recon support that require ammo; support paradrop, greyhound mg / canister shots, BARs for your I&R pathfinders / riflemen, butterfly bombs, zooks / LMG on the paras etc.

I'll try it out when I have an abundance of ammo though, see how it works with the greyhound. Another issue is I generally avoid the M20 and just get a Greyhound currently, as the M20 is great, as are its mines but I avoid teching Lt. most games and just go Captain for the AT gun and rush out a sherman after my Greyhound. Also, it's hard to justify using it with the Greyhound because I don't want to waste time capping points with something I can constantly be on the offensive with. Also I hate having to dump 70 ammo into M20s armor skirt to make it survivable, it's just more ammo I don't really ever have unless I completely avoid getting BARs.

Again, I play mostly team games (2s,3s and 4s) with my friends so apply this as you will, but I personally find teching both officers instead of unlocking the armour techs, paras depending on how dug in Ost player is or if I find the OKW's first truck and side teching for the m20 if I lose my greyhound, usually sometime after armour. I don't get the skirts on the m20 as I'm using it mostly to lay mines and dive for caps with raid. It's boned if it hits a teller with or without the skirts so I'd rather not lose them on top of the unit. Basicly I treat the m20 as disposable when I dive it for a cap idr the MP, but 20 fuel and 40mu is cheap for throwing the enemy off balance should you lose it.

I rarely end up with the munitions for the butterfly bombs or BARs but I generally enjoy the off beat tactics like light car play and what not over meta so I'll admit I'm no top player. For me it's more about having fun than doing the "easy" meta based wins.

And if nothing else having a 40mu capability to snag that neck and cap and have the Los to be able to help defend it.

The ability isn't bad, the commander is just thirsty but damn it's a great support ability, in my opinion of course
24 Feb 2019, 18:43 PM

+1

That's the only reason I don't use it a lot more; the commander is just bloated with munitions expenditure as it is.
25 Feb 2019, 19:27 PM

+1

That's the only reason I don't use it a lot more; the commander is just bloated with munitions expenditure as it is.

I've actually tried using it a few times, usually later in the game when I have a better munitions float and it's great in those situations in which you can rush your vetted greyhound to a fuel or cutoff and quickly decap / deny the fuel to the other team.

It has its uses, and 40 munitions is pretty cheap. Going to start making it part of my late game strategy when its applicable.
26 Feb 2019, 13:34 PM

I've actually tried using it a few times, usually later in the game when I have a better munitions float and it's great in those situations in which you can rush your vetted greyhound to a fuel or cutoff and quickly decap / deny the fuel to the other team.

It has its uses, and 40 munitions is pretty cheap. Going to start making it part of my late game strategy when its applicable.

Honestly, if you think about it, it doesn't need to be vetted. Instead I'd suggest swapping the crews out with a tank crew, like a jackson, as thats really the only late game tank youll have to fight with. I mean, sure vet os great on a Greyhound, but if ive got the chance for a fast vet 1 or more TD (For HVAP), id ve more inclined to use it, especially when you know what tanks the enemy is going for
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
Peru 19
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %