Login

russian armor

Pathfinders need a nerf don't they?

29 Jan 2019, 01:04 AM

Is it me or did they make them able to maphack through half the map?
Everytime I play against one of these guys I'm getting paranoid as though whether or not he is maphacking.
They keep uncovering all my unit placement, they just "happen to know" when or when I'm not in cover.

It keeps happening everytime, it's getting on my nerves, the pathfinder is miles away from my unit and can already see through my cover.
29 Jan 2019, 01:44 AM

They have 50 view range?
29 Jan 2019, 02:22 AM

They have huge sight range and get more at vet1, this is their job as scout infantry, since they are "Riflesquad with a lot of sight range".
29 Jan 2019, 03:09 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

the only thing I don't like about them is how their sight bonuses carry over to recrewed teamweapons. You know how OST bunkers can self spot with MG upgrade and it's an issue? self spotting mobile 50 cals and AT guns ain't exactly super fun to play against either.
29 Jan 2019, 05:30 AM

Permanently Banned
I think the sight range buff should be added at vet 2 or 3. Mass pathfinders can completely avoid mgs if they have more than 50 sight at vet 1.
29 Jan 2019, 06:11 AM

Pathfiners are sqishy recon unit lol they cost more than riflman and u got them in shitty commanders if u think they need nerf. Good luck
29 Jan 2019, 06:16 AM

How refreshing with a non-JLI balance post :P

Having said that I don't think they are overperforming at their current stage.
29 Jan 2019, 07:01 AM

you just need to outshoot them with blobs or bring vehicle. Or get appropriate counter like maybe JLI or even Ostruppen. Yes Osstruppen can outshoot them cause of the number issue that Pathfinders facing
29 Jan 2019, 08:10 AM

nerf call-in cooltime

JLI need to be cooltime nerf too
29 Jan 2019, 10:03 AM

the only thing I don't like about them is how their sight bonuses carry over to recrewed teamweapons. You know how OST bunkers can self spot with MG upgrade and it's an issue? self spotting mobile 50 cals and AT guns ain't exactly super fun to play against either.

But ost can do that non doctrinally as pios have extra sight and allow MGs to self spot if you recrew with them. Plus, pathfinders have pretty hefty cost in reinforcement, so contrary to ost, you're actually paying a long term tax for that extra sight.
29 Jan 2019, 10:26 AM

I´d say make the ability start on cool down like Osttruppen and increase the cool down time so you can´t just open up with Pathfinders only seems enough. It´s actually hilarious that the mighty mighty Osttruppen start on cool down for balance reasons while Pathfinders don´t.
29 Jan 2019, 10:57 AM

I´d say make the ability start on cool down like Osttruppen and increase the cool down time so you can´t just open up with Pathfinders only seems enough. It´s actually hilarious that the mighty mighty Osttruppen start on cool down for balance reasons while Pathfinders don´t.

I can't see why that would be needed.

Paths can't be spammed due to cost, are very bad in combat by themselves, can't take hit therefore have no map presence.

You can flood the map with osttruppen and just cap it all, its impossible to do it with paths.
29 Jan 2019, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2019, 10:57 AMKatitof

I can't see why that would be needed.

Paths can't be spammed due to cost, are very bad in combat by themselves, can't take hit therefore have no map presence.

You can flood the map with osttruppen and just cap it all, its impossible to do it with paths.

Don't forget opening with more than one PF makes them extremely vulnerable to fast (light) vehicle rushes because of the lack of snares. Grens win at mid and near range anyway so PF spam isn't nearly as oppressive as Assault Engineers for example.
29 Jan 2019, 11:28 AM

Anyway they are ok and if some players actually use them with good efect we can call this a strategy but not op
29 Jan 2019, 11:28 AM

I tried a double Pathfinder opening once, and got clobbered early game because Paths do damage so slowly that the Volks just ran up to CQC and beat the crap out of them.

Pathfinders pull off the crit mechanic quite well: you stick them in green cover behind Riflemen and they'll do work, but their own damage output is too low to generate the crit opportunities.
29 Jan 2019, 12:42 PM

They are absolutely fine for their job. It's like proposing a nerf for a unit that is expert in CQB situations, because it's designed to be effective in CQB situations.
29 Jan 2019, 13:25 PM

I don't see how paths are fine, you have to ambush them at close range to even have a chance of winning or just out-blob them as they always win cover/long-range fights due. "use light vehicles" you say? AAHT says "hello!". They either need to go back to CP1, get combat/sight nerfs or at least a big cooldown (and start on CD as osttruppen do). If paths are fine, so are JLI.
29 Jan 2019, 13:45 PM

The only change I would change is giving them a minute cool down after the first paths are called on the field. In a blob, pathfinders are pretty good, but on their own they are healthy.
29 Jan 2019, 15:48 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2019, 10:03 AMKatitof

But ost can do that non doctrinally as pios have extra sight and allow MGs to self spot if you recrew with them. Plus, pathfinders have pretty hefty cost in reinforcement, so contrary to ost, you're actually paying a long term tax for that extra sight.

But they get even more sight than pios at vet 1. And pios are hardly capable fighting units. Avoiding mgs and being able to fight at long range reduces bleed which offsets high reinforcement. I don't think I'd change any raw stats but the extra sight at vet 1 should be moved to vet 2, or grant a larger sight boost at vet 3.
29 Jan 2019, 16:29 PM

Pathfinders into maxim spam, I mean 50 cal spam seems strong currently.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★