Login

russian armor

Teller mines

20 Jan 2019, 18:44 PM

I think you should be able to blow up your own vehicles and infantry with mines you placed. I also think that friendly fire mortar should do the same amount of dmg it does when hitting the enemy. i mean a mine or projectile doesnt care who is hit by it, does it?^^
20 Jan 2019, 18:49 PM

execpt it wasnt my own mine.. , just walked over it and one stray 222 shot killed my rifle, not saying this shoudnt happen with a tank round, but it seems a little much for a 222, espacially since teller never got inf dmg nerfed (like all other mines), it woudnt change a lot just stop this stupid RNG
20 Jan 2019, 18:51 PM

well have you ever seen what happens to a p4 when a mortar hit the friendly mine it is standing on?
Let Luvnest tell you a story..
Teller mine is not triggered by infantry, why should they reduce the dmg against infantry
20 Jan 2019, 18:56 PM

I'm confused, OP says Teller mines are OP but they are "relatively rare". If they are OP then why are they rare? If they are so OP then why don't people use them all the time? Tellers are about risk/reward - you are using 60 munitions that could be spent elsewhere banking on them not getting spotted, swept, accidentally set off by mortars, etc. Sure they OHK light vehicles but guess what? Light vehicles aren't built every game.

If you are concerned about Tellers then as you suggested - build a sweeper. Only use your light vehicle in areas you have swept and don't YOLO dive them everywhere. If you don't want to buy a sweeper because mines are rare at your rank level or want to be hyper aggressive with your light vehicles then that is your risk/reward to take too because like using munitions to lay down a mine it's your risk to take spending munitions on a sweepers when there might not be any mines to sweep only when they cost half as much as the mine itself.
20 Jan 2019, 18:58 PM

"FYI, the Teller costs 50 Munitions."

The point you made is exactly what i said earlier.
People dont care. Its op because its op, you little whereaboo :D
Just remove axis from the game, all would be happier
20 Jan 2019, 20:10 PM

I'd rather not have it heavy-crit tanks for the tradeoff-that it doesn't insta-gib light tanks/vehicles, since having an immobile tank basically means it's dead and that would make mediums and even heavies get knocked the eff out if they had non-doctrinal riegels all over. At least the riegel requires a 251 (same with USF, m-20).

If you're talking about a nerf to teller then IMO the only thing is to just remove the instagib but that probably won't go over so just do what I do when you play as allies.

Never drive on the road.

edit: since demo charges always come up, and since they can't be placed ON the actual capture point anymore, I think they should be stealthed again like they used to be, since the big beef was that you can just demo every VP and your opponent can't do anything about it (unless they bring a sweeper I guess, and I'm sure there's some cyclical argument about tellers and sweepers and how you can afford to have one near your tank but not every infantry and blah blah blah but I'd rather side-step all that and just say that since you can't put them on the VP, they can be stealth again :) -- also, I am unironically in favor of wehrmacht getting access (more like axis amirite) to demos via a commander)
20 Jan 2019, 20:22 PM

hm, Wehrmacht pretty much as mine superiority already. i think demos would be a bit much wouldnt you say ^^ okw on the other hand... :D
20 Jan 2019, 20:57 PM

well have you ever seen what happens to a p4 when a mortar hit the friendly mine it is standing on?
Let Luvnest tell you a story..
Teller mine is not triggered by infantry, why should they reduce the dmg against infantry

exept it wasnt friendly fire, i was running towards a 222 with a bar rifle sqad, and the 222 shot at my rifles, resulting in a complete wipe of a 5 men sqad, i know its rare im basically asking for a QOL change
20 Jan 2019, 21:07 PM

I guess youre entitled to do so.
I personally wouldnt change a thing about mines expect giving invisibility back to demos.
20 Jan 2019, 21:39 PM

i have been saying it for years teller mines rant are not something new (in ur opening post u don't mentions any change to the critical)

Changing it so it heavy crits light vehicles is an idea I'm open to. I simply did not consider that possibility when I made the post. Though if it were to be changed like that I think that it would have to be differentiated so that regular tanks get engine critted, and LVs get heavy critted
22 Jan 2019, 20:00 PM

Permanently Banned
If USF loses repair crit abilities, I'd be okay with tellers not OHK a light. And if tellers no longer OHK, the price should go down to 40 munis.

Smines OP? That's a L2P issue. I find them underwhelming at times. And they take quite a while to lay down actually (for pios at least.)

Hell, one can even argue that Ost deserves superior mines because Relic said Ost is the defensive faction yet Brits have better defensive tools, yet Relic describes them as having the flexibility to choose between mobility(offensive-minded) or emplacements(defensive-minded) playstyle. So without better mines, what exactly makes Ost the best defensive faction?!
22 Jan 2019, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2019, 23:45 PMBaba

Agreed. Valentine just costs too much to get blown out of existence with 60 ammo

Tellers cannot 1 shot wipe a Valentine currently, and Tellers cost 50 ammo not 60. However, Tellers do 1 shot wipe pretty much every other allied light vehicle. They do like 80% damage to the Valentine though.

I do find it a bit unfair though, it's not completely balance breaking, and it definitely punishes you for not using mine sweepers, but USF does have access to mines (behind tech) that can 1 shot most axis light vehicles (M20 M6 mines), which 1 hit wipe pumas, luchs, etc.

That said, in terms of balance issues Tellers are far from what I would consider an urgent adjustment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment