Login

russian armor

Large Red Count Down?

17 Jan 2019, 01:55 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I had a soviet AT decrewed but this happened:

It reminds of the old OKW HQ self destruct.

What happened?
17 Jan 2019, 02:04 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

That is the fix for the zis gun bug
17 Jan 2019, 02:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If the AT gun is down to one man then it will try to kill itself, with the timer.

Self destruct on the pak 43 does it now too.
17 Jan 2019, 02:49 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well that is one way, I have not really played much recently. But why the 'visible' timer? Why not just a hidden one.
17 Jan 2019, 02:56 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

No idea, but if it helps against the zis bug I don't perticularly care if its there. Although I believe that somewhere over the rainbow some player has has a perfect cover to cover engagement ruined because he thought it was a grenade timer.
17 Jan 2019, 03:11 AM

Some people have reported the squad recrewing the gun goes poof at times, never gotten details as it's often just team-chat in game, but I wonder if it has to do with re-crewing the gun while the timer is going off?
17 Jan 2019, 08:11 AM

Well that is one way, I have not really played much recently. But why the 'visible' timer? Why not just a hidden one.

Visible one to be more confusing about too simplistic and too obvious coh2 mechanics.
I don't think anyone but mods, knowing about it or not, wasn't confused for the first time.
17 Jan 2019, 09:46 AM
Donator 11

Sadly it fixes only part of the bug. I had a zis bug yesterday and it would not accept any reposition orders. When all models died, couse it couldn't be retreated to safety, it kept shooting for one more volley and then the timer showed up and the gun blew up when it finished.

In effect it only helps axis player against zis gun bug, cause he doesn't have to worry about zombie zis, but it doesn't help the player who uses the zis in any way as he still has to deal with being unable to move it around.
17 Jan 2019, 16:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Sadly it fixes only part of the bug. I had a zis bug yesterday and it would not accept any reposition orders. When all models died, couse it couldn't be retreated to safety, it kept shooting for one more volley and then the timer showed up and the gun blew up when it finished.

In effect it only helps axis player against zis gun bug, cause he doesn't have to worry about zombie zis, but it doesn't help the player who uses the zis in any way as he still has to deal with being unable to move it around.

They nerfed my bugs :gimpy:
17 Jan 2019, 16:42 PM

I figured it was just a way for Relic to mock me for low CPM, i.e. "you'll never get it back in time!"

17 Jan 2019, 20:03 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2019, 16:33 PMTobis

They nerfed my bugs :gimpy:

That is the funny part :D

But apart from that, it also means that the fix cures what is an effect and not the root cause of a problem.
17 Jan 2019, 20:18 PM

I mean, that's kind of the situation we're with the 120mm mortar as well.
17 Jan 2019, 20:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That is the funny part :D

But apart from that, it also means that the fix cures what is an effect and not the root cause of a problem.

There are multiple problems with the zis gun, there isn't a way to fix them all easily.
My completely uneducated guess would be that it is related to the 6 man crew doing weird stuff.

I think it fixes the bug where it gets stuck uncrewed facing the wrong direction, so atleast the zis is mostly recoverable now.
17 Jan 2019, 21:37 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2019, 20:22 PMTobis

There are multiple problems with the zis gun, there isn't a way to fix them all easily.
My completely uneducated guess would be that it is related to the 6 man crew doing weird stuff.

I think it fixes the bug where it gets stuck uncrewed facing the wrong direction, so atleast the zis is mostly recoverable now.

Well it is not "recoverable" because it blows up when there are no members to take the counter on them. Also, I know there is more than problem.

I am quite certain though that it is not plainly 6 men crew related issue, as other at guns have none of these problems when crewed with 6 men. Maybe it has something to do with original soviet crew.
17 Jan 2019, 21:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well it is not "recoverable" because it blows up when there are no members to take the counter on them. Also, I know there is more than problem.

I am quite certain though that it is not plainly 6 men crew related issue, as other at guns have none of these problems when crewed with 6 men. Maybe it has something to do with original soviet crew.

>If this happens, a new Zis gun entity will spawn in the same location to replace the loss caused by the bug.

From the patchnotes. Try sending the replay to the modders then if it didn't work.
17 Jan 2019, 21:57 PM

As far as I know, the issue comes from the ZiS being able to barrage. This switching of weapon modes apparently causes the crew to bug out under certain circumstances.
17 Jan 2019, 23:03 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2019, 21:56 PMTobis

>If this happens, a new Zis gun entity will spawn in the same location to replace the loss caused by the bug.

From the patchnotes. Try sending the replay to the modders then if it didn't work.

Thanks for pointing that out, I was close to deleting that replay. I made a thread in this subforum. Hope it helps track something down.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★