Login

russian armor

It'd be nice if IR pathfinders were 0cp too.

12 Jan 2019, 18:42 PM

Title. Not much else to say except that they're weaker, slightly cheaper paths with arty, so why not?
12 Jan 2019, 19:06 PM

They're a lot more independent, since they have three carbines, which are a lot more useful when shooting at soldiers who have over 40% of health
12 Jan 2019, 19:11 PM

They're a lot more independent, since they have three carbines, which are a lot more useful when shooting at soldiers who have over 40% of health

I guess that's true but still. Would help diversify build orders and if you want just raw dps then riflemen are superior as a squad anyway right?
ddd
12 Jan 2019, 19:11 PM

Im afraid recon company is supposed to be trash. M8 nerfs, butterfly bombs nerfs and pathfinders still being 1cp even after the airborne ones got moved to 0cp. This cant be a coincidence.
12 Jan 2019, 19:17 PM

Recon support company had so many nerf...

3 carbine is not strong because IR pathfinder target size is just 1

problem is not only IR pathfinder

plz buff M8 CP(5->4)

who call the light vehicle in "medium tank timing"? no one use M8

And poor cannon dmg cant deal with other light vehicle(just 40! buff to 80 back!)

12 Jan 2019, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2019, 19:17 PMblancat
Recon support company had so many nerf...

3 carbine is not strong because IR pathfinder target size is just 1

problem is not only IR pathfinder

plz buff M8 CP(5->4)

who call the light vehicle in "medium tank timing"? no one use M8

And poor cannon dmg cant deal with other light vehicle(just 40! buff to 80 back!)

Yeah I actually kind of agree with that too. Even the paras could maybe use a cp reduction to 3; 4 is a bit much and no other doctrinal elite infantry comes later than 3cp.
12 Jan 2019, 20:07 PM

The Pathfinders are really the only thing it has over Airborne now, since the Greyhound can be good, but it's late timing (even with getting CP out of teching) now doesn't suit the LT build at all.
The M20 is much a more practical scout car and the LT also has the Stuart now, you don't need the M8 anymore for a LT build, just use Airborne.

Hell, give Airborne IRs and be done with this doctrine, heh~
12 Jan 2019, 20:17 PM

The Pathfinders are really the only thing it has over Airborne now, since the Greyhound can be good, but it's late timing (even with getting CP out of teching) now doesn't suit the LT build at all.
The M20 is much a more practical scout car and the LT also has the Stuart now, you don't need the M8 anymore for a LT build, just use Airborne.

Hell, give Airborne IRs and be done with this doctrine, heh~

IMO it just needs some adjustments. As an idea it's fine but everything comes way too late to be practical additions to builds and the greyhound kinda sucks.
12 Jan 2019, 20:27 PM

IMO it just needs some adjustments. As an idea it's fine but everything comes way too late to be practical additions to builds and the greyhound kinda sucks.

I think bigger changes are needed, if it's restricted to the bundle of paratrooper+ATG, if it's for a LT build it needs a bit more than costs and timing adjustments.

12 Jan 2019, 20:44 PM

I think bigger changes are needed, if it's restricted to the bundle of paratrooper+ATG, if it's for a LT build it needs a bit more than costs and timing adjustments.

Well if greyhound was actually good (and if it came at 4cp, before medium tanks hit the field) it'd be an attractive choice even with the lt as it currently is because the stuart isn't super great against infantry, so the m8 would be the alternative.

Cluster bombs are good, IR paths aren't bad but they come late for no reason, and the paradrop also comes a bit late IMO. Just fixing that stuff would make the commander pretty good. Fixing the bazooka paras' camo wouldn't hurt either.
13 Jan 2019, 04:10 AM

Why can't the Greyhound just be built at the Barracks after the LT and vehicle tech upgrades like everythng else?
13 Jan 2019, 05:05 AM

step by step, you should know relic by now^^
15 Jan 2019, 03:53 AM

Recon is still my favorite commander, but the recent changes to USF make it much less appealing now.

5CP Greyhound makes it come way too late honestly, by the time you get it the enemy team is usually near getting a pz IV out.

The AT gun airdrop was invalidated with the changes to Captain / Lt, since the Captain is so much more desirable now and you can just get AT from that. Before I would never go Captain and only ever used Lt. and when using Recon would get the airdrop AT gun / Paras.

The butterfly bomb is still good vs. stationary targets if you position it correctly.

The I&R Pathfinders should be 0CP too, I agree with that. They need to make this commander viable anymore, lower the Greyhound CP and the I&R Pathfinders and it will be a desirable commander again.
15 Jan 2019, 03:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 04:10 AMCODGUY
Why can't the Greyhound just be built at the Barracks after the LT and vehicle tech upgrades like everythng else?

I agree with this. Make it a 0CP unlock after you get the Mechanized command post upgrade from either the Lt. or Captain. That way the Greyhound will share timing with all other USF light vehicles.
15 Jan 2019, 05:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I agree with this. Make it a 0CP unlock after you get the Mechanized command post upgrade from either the Lt. or Captain. That way the Greyhound will share timing with all other USF light vehicles.

Just trust me, you don't want that.
15 Jan 2019, 08:05 AM

I was thinking how to make it work with Captain. Since when you go captain it is to get an ATG on your roaster, building it or dropping it isn't going to make a lot of difference anyway. The change factor is the Halftrack and the suppression it provides if you need it.

We reached the same conclusion anyway, IRPF need to go CP0 now. As for the M8, I'm curious to listen Jae explaining why not having it built from HQ when the condition are met.
15 Jan 2019, 09:09 AM
Developer Relic Badge

You would essentially have a T-70 light on the field quite early that can also canister units down that is quite powerful with its 50 cal. The unit is also spotting all threats as it has 50 sight base and boasts 400 health.

I wouldn't be against kicking it down 1 CP, however, or requires three unlocks in USF tech so it's properly gated. The M5 is mainly an anti-vehicle unit and the other vehicles don't have the same health.

Maybe IR Pathfinders could come at 0 CP, though needs testing. Regular Pathfinders you can at least rush.
15 Jan 2019, 13:40 PM

The M5 is mainly an anti-vehicle unit and the other vehicles don't have the same health.

Not since SBP it isn't. It got a 33% reduction to its main gun damage.

Upgraded, it's about on par with the Luchs now. Greyhound vs Luchs is a pretty fair fight.

Without the .50 cal upgrade, it's got a solid chance to lose against a 222.

EDIT: mixed up the M5 and the M8, thought you were talking about the Greyhound, not the Stuart.

hooray for USF's hugely distinct vehicle names
15 Jan 2019, 13:49 PM

The M5 is mainly an anti-vehicle unit and the other vehicles don't have the same health.

I honestly can't see how M5 is mainly anti vehicle with its current stats.
Puma stomps it and both axis factions have access to it, its 80 damage ensures even Kubel has a very high chance to just run away, its abilities were neutered, its penetration sure was buffed, but there was no light it couldn't penetrate and it most certainly is not viable against anything medium compared to cheaper AEC.

Agreed that M8 arriving too early would be a monster, but it arriving when it does now, you'd have to be extremely lucky to pull the value out of its current timing.
15 Jan 2019, 13:51 PM

80 damage

It's 40 damage now. Six shots to kill a 222.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★