Login

russian armor

The Overwatch Problem

PAGES (11)down
16 Jan 2019, 08:01 AM

Good that they have no smoke
16 Jan 2019, 08:05 AM

Note... good mg play... even the old rifleman smokespam can be stopped with good mg play..
17 Jan 2019, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2019, 07:48 AMgbem

They take HALF damage of normal infantry due to body armor... of course if youre the dumbass using panzergrens or stg volks which are midrange units you would get splattered...

Use a brummbar OKW p4 or git gud with your MG play since they cant sprint (important)

Is this 2017 where infantry sections were actually borderline OP or are you soo dumb to not understand the definition of ukf has no mobile indirect fire and a low suppression mg?

You get that one... advanced emplacements is a cancer that must be dealt with like JLI...

Playercard please?

Infantry sections are op, that fire rate bonus in cover is insane, top that with their accuracy and damage, no infantry can basically stand up to infantry sections in green cover. Oh and did I mention that allies can get weapon racks, to make them even more op. Oh how about, the medic squad that heals and is 5 man. People thought the 5 man gren upgrade is bad they have no idea.

And brits do have mobile indirect, they have a priest that fucking fires into my base. Oh and those so called op jagers, they barely do anything for you when you play against brits. Playing against brits is so frustrating, because they are barely balanced or not balanced at all. And the vickers has better damage than than the axis mgs for some reason.
17 Jan 2019, 00:16 AM

Infantry sections are op, that fire rate bonus in cover is insane, top that with their accuracy and damage, no infantry can basically stand up to infantry sections in green cover. Oh and did I mention that allies can get weapon racks, to make them even more op. Oh how about, the medic squad that heals and is 5 man. People thought the 5 man gren upgrade is bad they have no idea.

And brits do have mobile indirect, they have a priest that fucking fires into my base. Oh and those so called op jagers, they barely do anything for you when you play against brits. Playing against brits is so frustrating, because they are barely balanced or not balanced at all. And the vickers has better damage than than the axis mgs for some reason.

Lul cover “bonus” is actually just removing a cooldown/reload debuff. So basically their weapons (yeah that includes brens and PIATs too) are shittier when out of cover. Enfields do normal rifle damage IIRC but they are pretty accurate.

Meanwhile jaegers have a sniper rifle that literally has 115% accuracy at vet0 but ok.
17 Jan 2019, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2019, 23:21 PMBaba
i like the sector assault alot. you blob you lose. that easy

Seriously? Do you not see the parallel with demo charges?

Yeah they can kill blobs. You might also lose a single vet 3 squad that's well outside the attack radius. There's nothing fair or good about that
17 Jan 2019, 01:21 AM

Seriously? Do you not see the parallel with demo charges?

Yeah they can kill blobs. You might also lose a single vet 3 squad that's well outside the attack radius. There's nothing fair or good about that

Yeah demo charges’ radius was never literally half the map either (the minimal circle is seriously flawed in that it’s way smaller than the actual ability, which you can see on the ground in the game).
17 Jan 2019, 02:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Enfields do normal rifle damage IIRC but they are pretty accurate.

IIRC their accuracy is actually pretty bad (except at long range where its averageish). Its their damage and high fire rate that gives them their DPS.
17 Jan 2019, 04:18 AM

Ok m8... it seems that you simply suck...
To counter UKF as wehr the key is to push the advantage of the early sniper... UKF 4 man squads get whittled down fast with the fast rof of the ost sniper that its almost abusive if done right... ostruppen are a good choice aswell as they are better damage soakers and get more field presence vs UKf... pair with ost support weapons and youre set...

For OKW a double sturm start is also good ... getting volks means getting clobbered earlygame by sections and their range adv unless you can close the gap

Also remember to use the incend nade... very strong vs the brits
17 Jan 2019, 04:36 AM

IIRC their accuracy is actually pretty bad (except at long range where its averageish). Its their damage and high fire rate that gives them their DPS.

Huh I honestly had no idea. Just out of curiosity do you know how their damage and RoF compares to grenadier k98ks and riflemen garands?
17 Jan 2019, 07:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Time in between shots isn't simple, because of ready and fire aim time, so I'll just post accuracy and cooldown:

Kars: Accuracy near: 0.748 Accuracy mid: 0.661 Accuracy far: 0.598
Cooldown time near: 0.19 - 0.31 Cooldown time mid: 0.75 - 1.25 Cooldown time far: 1.13 - 1.88

Enfield: Accuracy near: 0.598 Accuracy mid: 0.564 Accuracy far: 0.529
Cooldown time near: 0.28 - 0.45 Cooldown time mid: 0.33 - 0.53 Cooldown time far: 0.38 - 0.6

Garand: Accuracy near: 0.713 Accuracy mid: 0.667 Accuracy far: 0.5175
Cooldown time near: 0.25 - 0.5 Cooldown time mid 0.38 - 0.75 Cooldown time far: 0.63 - 1.25

Kars and Enfields have 16 damage, while the Garand has 8.
17 Jan 2019, 07:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2019, 04:18 AMgbem
Ok m8... it seems that you simply suck...
To counter UKF as wehr the key is to push the advantage of the early sniper...

Sniper starts against UKF have actually really fallen out of favor. At this point, they're map dependent at best.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2019, 04:18 AMgbem

For OKW a double sturm start is also good ... getting volks means getting clobbered earlygame by sections and their range adv unless you can close the gap.

Wouldn't recommend that. Double sturm builds do fare better against the UC than standard volks builds do and have a slightly stronger early game. However, 5 man sections eventually make sturms close to unuseable in a combat role, putting you down 300 manpower. You really start to lose the infantry game hard because of it.
17 Jan 2019, 09:01 AM

Sniper starts against UKF have actually really fallen out of favor. At this point, they're map dependent at best.

i mean if you can screen effectively against the UC yeah a sniper start is pretty decent especially in 2v2s...

Wouldn't recommend that. Double sturm builds do fare better against the UC than standard volks builds do and have a slightly stronger early game. However, 5 man sections eventually make sturms close to unuseable in a combat role, putting you down 300 manpower. You really start to lose the infantry game hard because of it.

well double sturms do falter a bit in the midgame... but generally i usually have 2 sturmpios one as sweeper doing mines and sweeping while the other repairs and uses shreck to support the LV...
17 Jan 2019, 16:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2019, 09:01 AMgbem

well double sturms do falter a bit in the midgame... but generally i usually have 2 sturmpios one as sweeper doing mines and sweeping while the other repairs and uses shreck to support the LV...

Really? You always get double sturms in your 20 OKW games?
17 Jan 2019, 18:49 PM

20 okw games in 2v2-1v1 ranked without allies* ive played lots of axis 2v2s and 4v4s with friends and random partners since the majority of them except one all play axis for the most part

ie its alot easier for me to find an axis playing battlebuddy over an allied playing battlebuddy since i have only 1 consistent allied battlebuddy
17 Jan 2019, 20:52 PM

Time in between shots isn't simple, because of ready and fire aim time, so I'll just post accuracy and cooldown:

Kars: Accuracy near: 0.748 Accuracy mid: 0.661 Accuracy far: 0.598
Cooldown time near: 0.19 - 0.31 Cooldown time mid: 0.75 - 1.25 Cooldown time far: 1.13 - 1.88

Enfield: Accuracy near: 0.598 Accuracy mid: 0.564 Accuracy far: 0.529
Cooldown time near: 0.28 - 0.45 Cooldown time mid: 0.33 - 0.53 Cooldown time far: 0.38 - 0.6

Garand: Accuracy near: 0.713 Accuracy mid: 0.667 Accuracy far: 0.5175
Cooldown time near: 0.25 - 0.5 Cooldown time mid 0.38 - 0.75 Cooldown time far: 0.63 - 1.25

Kars and Enfields have 16 damage, while the Garand has 8.

So if I’m reading this right, besides the fact that enfields have god-tier cooldown times at mid and long range, k98ks cooldown faster at close range than garands? And enfields at long range cooldown faster than garands? What?

If I did interpret this right, does that mean garands really are a midrange sweet spot weapon or what?
17 Jan 2019, 21:35 PM

Wait, why the eff would Garands have slower rate of fire than bolt action rifles?

Or is cooldown something else?
17 Jan 2019, 21:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

So if I’m reading this right, besides the fact that enfields have god-tier cooldown times at mid and long range, k98ks cooldown faster at close range than garands? And enfields at long range cooldown faster than garands? What?

If I did interpret this right, does that mean garands really are a midrange sweet spot weapon or what?

The short answer: No, garands are a close range weapon.

The longer answer: (Individually) Kars heavily eclipse garands at long range. Garands pull slightly ahead at close range. This is because (to my understanding) kars and the other bolt actions have a wind down time of 1.3 seconds that the garand doesnt have, meaning the garand has does have a higher rate of fire and pulls ahead in DPS even though it does half of the damage per shot. Garands ARE a close range weapon (relative to other rifles due to *cough* relative positioning). Of course theyre not true close range weapons like smgs are though.

So in terms of pure profile, theyre a mid range weapon. In terms of performance relative to what theyre likely to be facing, theyre a close range weapon - the closer the better against kars.
17 Jan 2019, 22:24 PM

Yeah demo charges’ radius was never literally half the map either (the minimal circle is seriously flawed in that it’s way smaller than the actual ability, which you can see on the ground in the game).

Exactly. I've seen this thing wipe squads in people's base sectors because the actual radius is freaking huge
17 Jan 2019, 22:49 PM

The short answer: No, garands are a close range weapon.

The longer answer: (Individually) Kars heavily eclipse garands at long range. Garands pull slightly ahead at close range. This is because (to my understanding) kars and the other bolt actions have a wind down time of 1.3 seconds that the garand doesnt have, meaning the garand has does have a higher rate of fire and pulls ahead in DPS even though it does half of the damage per shot. Garands ARE a close range weapon (relative to other rifles due to *cough* relative positioning). Of course theyre not true close range weapons like smgs are though.

So in terms of pure profile, theyre a mid range weapon. In terms of performance relative to what theyre likely to be facing, theyre a close range weapon - the closer the better against kars.

I had been interpreting 'cooldown' to be the time between shots, but from what you've posted, this doesn't seem to be the case. So what is cooldown?
17 Jan 2019, 22:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I had been interpreting 'cooldown' to be the time between shots, but from what you've posted, this doesn't seem to be the case. So what is cooldown?

Cooldown does not directly equate to time between shots. It is a single factor (or step) in the time between shots. A longer cooldown means a longer time in between shots, but cooldown is not itself necessarily the time in between shots.

To clarify: Think about how dps is based on accuracy, damage, time in between shots, and reload. Similarly, time in between shots is also based on a mix of factors, one of which is cooldown.

Edit: this has gotten pretty far off topic, id like to avoid further discussion on this - at least in this thread
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS