Login

russian armor

New Commander Submission - Discuss

PAGES (10)down
7 Feb 2019, 12:03 PM

I would imagine Assault Tommies as an STG44 Volksgrenadier-like upgrade to a normal Tommies squad that gives 2x (3x for 5 men) Lee Enfield and 2x Thompson and removes the cover mechanism. This would allow UKF to field more aggressive infantry that have improved near and mid range and moving DPS over regular Tommies and keep up the pressure rather than having to play defensively.

I don't think UKF needs another dedicated CQC squad when they already have commandos.
7 Feb 2019, 14:40 PM

I would imagine Assault Tommies as an STG44 Volksgrenadier-like upgrade to a normal Tommies squad that gives 2x (3x for 5 men) Lee Enfield and 2x Thompson and removes the cover mechanism. This would allow UKF to field more aggressive infantry that have improved near and mid range and moving DPS over regular Tommies and keep up the pressure rather than having to play defensively.

I don't think UKF needs another dedicated CQC squad when they already have commandos.

3 Enfield +2 Thompson would make Tommmies too powerful at all ranges. Thompson are OP weapons designed for a specific faction.

In addition the moving penalties of Tommies are very high and would make the squad have to low DPS on the move while to high when stationary making their performance inconstant.

Finally mixing bolt action and SMG should be avoided, its not a good mix.
7 Feb 2019, 15:02 PM

The Thompsons could have any weapons profile we'd want them to have.
Volks STG44-ish profile (but without long range DPS) sounds fine to me.

I see no need to get yet another CQC Shocks/AssEngies squad, especially when the Brits already have the UC to put down early pressure and have Commandos for CQC. Enabling Infantry Sections to be more mobile/aggressive would give a completely new and fresh way to play the faction.
7 Feb 2019, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2019, 10:07 AMVipper

Giving SMG to Tommies is not a good idea since they are using the cover mechanism. In addition SMG and Bolt action rifles should not mix.

The Assault Package upgrade would remove the cover mechanic tho, and I hope add the WP. 77 grenade. But yeah arming 4 or 5 models with Thompsons for that price might present a bit of a balance problem.
7 Feb 2019, 20:47 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Good, Feb 7th 2019. But infiltration units (JLI, Commandos, etc) are a nightmare, spawn in any house with FOW should be limited.
7 Feb 2019, 22:51 PM

The way I have Assault Sections set up in my mod is a call-in at 2CP for 320mp, 32 per guy. They have 1 Paratrooper-level Thompson. Their Enfields are much better on the move, and have a dps curve that's more like other Bolt Actions rather than the flat one Enfields normally have. They can also fire Brens on the move, and have a WP grenade at vet 1 instead of extra sight. Medical/pyro upgrades aren't available, but they benefit from Bolster Squads.

This way, they're less efficient than normal ISs at firing from cover at long range. The Thompson cuts down their effectiveness at range, without making them crazy good up close. Since they bleed more and have no advantage when not moving, you're forced to use them offensively. Their cost, late entry, and lack of utility means you still need regular Infantry Sections, and they aren't dedicated CQC guys like Commandos. They're more like a USF Lieutenant.
7 Feb 2019, 23:55 PM

The Assault Package upgrade would remove the cover mechanic tho, and I hope add the WP. 77 grenade. But yeah arming 4 or 5 models with Thompsons for that price might present a bit of a balance problem.

The standard Enfield or tommies is extremely bad on the move. Imo it a far easier/better solution to a different squad than to be an upgrade for tommies.
8 Feb 2019, 07:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2019, 23:55 PMVipper

The standard Enfield or tommies is extremely bad on the move. Imo it a far easier/better solution to a different squad than to be an upgrade for tommies.

I agree, I'm just noting it as a possible option.
12 Feb 2019, 18:49 PM

So units from coh1 aren’t being added due to low graphical quality, ya?

The Eastern Front mod has some really nice, coh2 graphical standard models that could be used maybe

Devs please tell me if these models could be used for future commanders.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS