Login

russian armor

New Commander Submission - USA

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
Phy
20 Jan 2019, 16:39 PM

I won't suggest a concret commander, just a few lines that the commander should follow in order to maximize the benefits we can get over the faction itself.

1. Should use abilities existent in order to revamp other commanders as well.
2. Should use units existent on other commanders to revamp.
3. Should bring new content itself.

1st line: rework of existant ability

I feel USF lacks a good long range unit (as a support) besides paratroopers lmg. I'd rather replace M1919A6 Browning LMG for Rifles with springfields.

a) Time of the unit should be around 1CP-2CP to allow diferent USF openings.
b) Should work as a Tommie unit. Good long range, need of cover to maximize benefits.
c) Avoid the a-move no brain micro giving the buff of survability and performance with cover use.
d) Possibility to snipe units with muni pay (like a scope rifle).
e) Good survabilty vet bonuses and consistent dmg but low vet gain to become a strong late-game unit if used properly from start.

Reasons:
- I think it would give a long-range unit that USF lacks.
- It would give a solid to counter to sniper that USF lacks.
- It would encourage combined arms play besides (rifles, rifles, rifles...)
- Bufs other unused commanders.

1st line: rework of existant ability
Another ability that should be reworked is SPRINT, it should be used as a soft retreat ability (not offensive). The following changes:
1. Cost munition.
2. Speed boost, acc and RA lowered.
3. Not immune to supression.

Reasons:
- I think it would bring nice sinergy with ambulance allowing troops to do soft retreats.
- Bufs other unused commanders like Rifle doc.

2nd line: rework of an existant unit
Greyhound was one of my fav. units back in vCoh. You had to decide either upgrade your rifles or rush this unit which, if microed properly, become a change game unit. Imo this unit should be reworked in the following way:
a) Should arrive earlier.
b) Should be build through teching not call in unit (so compensate its cost).
c) Should be buffed to do more consistent damage (upgrade gunner available?).
d) Replace canister shot for smoke shot.
e) Give ability to boost speed.

Reasons:
- I think it would give a generalist support unit (good AI, decent against light vehicles).
- It would give a mobile smoke plataform for flanks.
- Bufs other unused commanders.

3rd line: new unit

-EZ8 command tank

1. Make it call-in unit.
2. Rework ez8 stats (so we buff rifle doc company which is dead).
3. Give them some buff in duration and survabilty because right now nearly all USF armor are paper tanks. It should work like a panther command in terms of durability, but with low AT performance but better AI profile.
4. Cost like panther.

21 Jan 2019, 08:19 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Adding new units requires a lot of testing, so it's best to use old units/abilities:

USF+Rocket Artillery Company

THEME
This American commander will help in the battlefield with the powerful Paratroopers, with Greyhound support, to finally launch the shocking rocket volleys of Sherman Calliope. You can make aerial passes with P47 Strafing Run. With all these units and abilities it will be easier to kill the enemy

UNIT AND ABILITY ROSTER
Paradrop M2HB -
M8 Greyhound -
Paratroopers -
P47 Strafing Run -
Sherman Calliope -

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT
When USF/OKW was released, relic said Paratroopers could be added to more commanders. Now is the time to add more Paratroopers, because they are a elite unit very demanded, they provide more strategies and avoid the unlock rack upgrade.
And this command is next to a powerful unit like the Calliope; the two together will make this commander very demanding.
24 Jan 2019, 20:17 PM

Special Support Company

Dozer Blade
- 0 CP
- same like in mechanized company (sherman can now be upgraded with a dozer blade)

Fire Up!
- 2 CP
- same like in rifle doc
- can also be used by Rangers
- remove the exhaustion debuff or decrease the price from 15 to 10.

Rangers
- 3 CP callin
- same like in heavy cav. company
- cost from 400mp to 350mp
- reinforce cost from 32 to 30

155mm Artillery Barrage
- 8 CP
- same like in Mechanized doctrine (which can be called in by the WC51 jeep there)

Sherman Calliope
- 10 CP
- either revert the "delay between rockets" nerf OR the "rocket AoE + damage" nerf.

24 Jan 2019, 21:03 PM

Ranger Special Operations Company
Utilize stealth, speed and scouting to direct precise attacks.

(0)Signal Intercept
Knowing what the enemy does as USF is actually pretty valuable, making the officer choice easier.

(1)Ambush Camouflage
Allows Riflemen, Rear Echelon troops, officers and Rangers to be upgraded with camouflage.

USF currently has little infantry enhancements in its commanders. This ability allows Players to try out a new style of infantry play with USF infantry, allowing for ambushes and surprise attacks.

(2)Ranger Infiltration
Four-man version of the Ranger squad (comes with 4 out of 5 members).
340 manpower

Usually Rangers(3) come too late to be relevant or are too expensive at that time, as investments into tech and light vehicles are generally prioritized. Reducing the cost to (2) command points and 340 manpower (from 400) cannot just be done like that so the initial squad comes with four out of five members. The infiltration is added to play into the commander's theme and to allow the Player to flank team weapons that are spotted behind enemy lines. See also the commander ability below.

(3)Infantry Equipment
Allows Rangers to use Satchel Charge and AT Satchel Charge abilities, Riflemen to use Phosphorous Smoke Grenades and Rear Echelon troops to use Armoured Vehicle Detection.

Gives infantry more meaningful abilities, each with a different function as well. Rangers become a bigger threat versus infantry and vehicles with satchel charges and at satchels, which work well with ambush camouflage and infiltrations. Riflemen can use smoke to cover attacks or allow infantry to hide with camouflage. Vehicle detection can be used by the Echelons troops as these units are not really that great as a front-line infantry, but can still provide support this way. The phosphorous smoke grenade allows riflemen to finally flank machine guns or burn out enemies inside buildings.

(4)Slow-fired Artillery Barrage
A very slow-firing artillery barrage useful for denying areas and destroying buildings and emplacements.
150 munitions
25 Jan 2019, 17:43 PM

AIRBORNE INFILTRATION COMPANY

Theme: Paratroopers land behind enemy lines to sabotage equipment and cut off supply routes. Supported by allied espionage capabilities. Relic has a history of giving the US airborne troops special spotlight in their narrative, and indeed I think it is a good idea to somewhat emphazie US paratroopers in the overall presentation of the faction, in order to give it a unique feel/atmosphere.

Disclaimer: I will suggest 8 instead of 5 abilities. Relic will have some creative freedom, should they choose my suggestion. Above anything else I want to proive some creative ideas.

1) Radio Intercept
Same as seen in the UKF doctrine.

Rationale: Suits the secret operations/intelligence/espionage theme of the doctrine.

2) Recon Sweep
Same as in existing commander.

Rationale: Airborne theme of doctrine.

3) Ambush Paratroopers
Paratroopers that can spawn form an ambient building. Can be upgraded with Thompsons.

Rationale: Transports the infiltration theme and the paratrooper theme of the doctrine
Balance: It would be up to the devs to combine the 7 ideas presented here into something balanced! I'm just here to make interesting suggestions. -_-

4) Glider Landing
Calls in a Glider, as seen in UKF doctrines. Automatically spawns USF Paratroopers.

Visuals: This idea will look badass! It is somewhat inspired by maps in the first ‘Day Of Defeat’ game, where US Paratroopers would spawn near a landed Glider.
Rationale: Finally, Paratroopers without dependency on Pathinders!

5) AT-Gun Support
Calls in a USF AT-Gun manned by Paratroopers. Can cloak.

Visuals: Offering the production of an AT gun manned by US Paratroopers would be a nice callback to the ability from CoH 1’s ‘Airborne Company’ doctrine. Maybe the AT Gun and its crew could also be paradropped, like in CoH 1?
Rationale: AT gun with cloaking ability that (maybe?) isn’t tied to the tech decision.

6) Glider Forward Post
Calls in a Glider that can train units once landed. Trained units could be: A Vickers HMG team manned by Paratroopers, a US mortar manned by Paratroopers, regular US Paratroopers.

Visuals: Offering the production of weapon teams manned by US Paratroopers would be a nice callback to CoH 1’s ‘Airborne Company’ doctrine. Also, the Paratrooper model looks cool, so why not use it more often? ;)

7) Sherman Easy-8
Same as in the Riflemen Doctrine.

Rationale: Late game option of the doctrine. Also, bringing the Easy-8 into another doctrine. Plus, it is one of the more badass looking USF vehicles, just like Paratroopers are one of the more badass looking infantry units, so why not combine them into one doctrine to get sort of that heroic America cliché feeling out of it, as we know it from those ww2 movies.

8) P-70 Rocket Straving Run
Same as in existing doctrine.

Rationale: Airborne theme of doctrine.

Final Disclaimer
Should Relic actually chose this doctrine suggestion, then they can change details about it, like changing the unit rooster buildable from the ‘Glider Forward Post’, changing ability names or combining the 2 Glider abilities into one. What I care most about is the things I noted under ‘visuals’. Ideally, I would like these visual things to be accepted into the contest the way I though them through, though I will not insist that they would remain unchanged, since that would be rather daring. Finally, I am thankful that Relic offers this creative contest and hereby want to say ‘Thank You’!
25 Jan 2019, 22:33 PM

Faction + Commander Name: USF Counteroffensive Company (If anyone has a better name please say so)

Theme: Designed around the closing of the Bulge and the return of the Air force this aggressive commander is designed to put pressure against the opponent throughout the game. Elite CQC Infantry combined with powerful armor and air support to beat back the enemy.

Unit and Ability Roster

Slot 1: M4A3E8, Easy 8 Sherman 0 CP
Buildable from the t3 major building
Same as the Rifle Doc E8

Slot 2: Cavalry Rifleman cp2
Identical to Mechanized Cav Rifles

Slot 3: Allied Air Smoke Run
3 CP
90 Munitions
Similar to OST Stuka Smoke Pots, a stafe that drops smoke

Slot 4: Combined Arms
4 CP
Nearby Infantry and Vehicles Coordinate to make each other more effective
Identical to Heavy Cav’s

Slot 5: p47 Rocket Strike
12 CP
Identical to Airborne p47s

Strategies and Rational

This commander is designed to provide aggression into the mid to late game with a large selection of powerful aggressive units and Air Support. Use powerful cqc infantry to take enemy territory early and make way for powerful version of the Sherman tank. Use American Air Superiority that has been ungrounded to support assaults along the front.

This commander is designed to bring the Easy 8 into a new aggressive commander, Personally I love both the unit and the model and it would be great to see it in another doctrine. I think the E8 would be great in a more aggressive doctrine as the on the move accuracy bonus supports a fast aggressive playstyle.

FAx
26 Jan 2019, 01:54 AM

Faction + Commander Name: USF Tactical Assault Company

Theme: Support the frontline with airborne marksmen and AT infantry while the Sherman Crocodile torch the enemy. Sherman Easy 8s will fight of the enemy armor with aerial support of the P47s.

Unit and Ability Roster

Slot 1: Sherman Easy 8

Ability available from 0CP.
Identical to Rifle Company.

Slot 2: Sherman Crocodile/Zippo

Available from 0CPs in the Battalion Command Post
Costs 320MP and 100 Fuel
(Is it possible for the Sherman turret to shoot fire?)
Like a KV-8 in a Sherman body. Smoke works but no mg turret upgrade.

Slot 3: Sniper

Call-in unit, available at 1CP
Costs 360 MP
1-man Sniper marksman as a Pathfinder model.
Can set beacon for airdrops.

Slot 4: Paratrooper Engineer squad

Identical to the Recon Support Company Airdropped Combat Group Paratroopers but without the AT gun
Call-in, available at 3 CP
Cost 380 MP

Slot 5: P47 Rocket Strike

Ability, available from 12CP
Identical to Airborne Company ability

Strategies and Rational

The idea behind this commander is to offer the USF more variations. With this commander you can deal with Ostheer snipers directly and the Sherman Crocodile is a cheaper way to deal with infantry, comparing to the Bulldozer Sherman.
FAx
26 Jan 2019, 02:02 AM

Faction + Commander Name: USF Spearhead Company

Theme: Clear the battlefield with the Stuart Satan and the Sherman Calliope for Rangers armed with the lethal M1919.

Unit and Ability Roster

Slot 1: M1919

Upgrade available from 3CP.
Identical to other USF Companies.

Slot 2: Rangers

Call-in unit, available from 3CP.
Identical to Ranger Company

Slot 3: Stuart Satan

Call-in unit, available at 5CP (or from teching like vanilla Stuart)
Costs 270 MP and 70 Fuel
A stuart flamethrower tank.

Slot 4: P47 Rocket Strafe

Similar to the Tactical Support Company strafe, but this ability fires rockets instead.
Ability, available at 10 CP
Cost 150 Munitions

Slot 5: M4 Sherman Calliope

Call-in unit, available from 10CP
Identical to Tactical Support Company ability

Strategies and Rational

The idea behind this commander is to offer the USF more variations. In 2v2 USF lacks the rocket artillery if they dont choose Tactical Support Company but with this commander they can. This commander also focus on the Ranger unit that needs more usage and the M1919 can give them that.
28 Jan 2019, 21:23 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Submissions are now closed. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post their ideas.

The Balance Team will now be assessing the best proposals for the next stage of this update
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
unknown 22
Mexico 13
Germany 887

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L