Login

russian armor

UKF mortar in Tactical Support needs to be fixed

8 Jan 2019, 14:32 PM

It comes way too late at 4 CP. I am not sure if that´s supposed to be a joke or just badly thought out design. UKF needs a mortar for early game not middle and late game. The faction was promised a mobile indirect fire unit but now it´s simply not available when you need it. Can this please be fixed? 1 CP seems to be the right timing for the mortar drop IMO.
8 Jan 2019, 14:39 PM

It comes way too late at 4 CP. I am not sure if that´s supposed to be a joke or just badly thought out design. UKF needs a mortar for early game not middle and late game. The faction was promised a mobile indirect fire unit but now it´s simply not available when you need it. Can this please be fixed? 1 CP seems to be the right timing for the mortar drop IMO.

The ability is simply OP since it does not simply provide a mortar, compare it with other similar and you will see, at CP 1 it would broken
8 Jan 2019, 16:05 PM

Wait, what? Dropping in a mortar and an AT-gun, stupid sprint that makes no sense because you get the ability for the mortar and not for attacking enemy lines and 100% useless med kits at 4 CP is completly OP? What the hell are you smoking? The ability as it is right now is not well thought out or even good because of timing.

Every stupid faction has indirect fire from T0/1 or in case of Soviets from T2 that you can get right away. Only UKF needs to wait until 4 CP to get a doctrinal mortar. It´s just stupid. Just give them a 1 CP mortar-only ability in Tactical Support. You don´t need the AT-gun, you don´t need the med kits when you have heal-anywhere infantry sections and you don´t need the sprint either because as I said the ability is used for dropping in team weapons and not making attacks. I don´t udnerstand why dropped team weapons and global sprint are combined in one ability.

Just give the stupid faction a mobile mortar.
8 Jan 2019, 16:35 PM

Wait, what? ...

Compare cost with the abilities available to Paras and Osttruppen and you will see that the ability is more cost efficient.
8 Jan 2019, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2019, 16:35 PMVipper

Compare cost with the abilities available to Paras and Osttruppen and you will see that the ability is more cost efficient.

What does it matter if it´s more cost effective when the UKF drop comes way too late? No indirect fire until 4 CP can make you lose the game outright against Ostheer. Paying 100 MP or 50 munis more or less doesn´t matter when it keeps you from losing the game.
8 Jan 2019, 18:57 PM

Well if you really need indirect you still have the Pyro Flares and Mortar Pit available from Tier 1. Depending on what you need the mortar for these both(Flares moreso) fill in nicely until you get 4 CP. I don't get why people forget about the base arty... it's really effective now after it was buffed a couple patches back.
8 Jan 2019, 19:55 PM

1 doctrine is not going to fix the badly designed British Army.

They simply just need to replace the Mortar Pit with a mobile mortar team, end of story.

They could very well just make the mortar pit something doctrinal even for like the Advanced Emplacement Regiment for example so it's still there and it would still be an option for anybody that wants to use it.

But forcing people to pick a doctrine fix a flaw in the Army design is a very bad idea and that's why the OKW was given the MG34 and Panzer IV and why the USF were given the mortar and now their tech was also fixed.
9 Jan 2019, 00:10 AM

Well if you really need indirect you still have the Pyro Flares and Mortar Pit available from Tier 1. Depending on what you need the mortar for these both(Flares moreso) fill in nicely until you get 4 CP. I don't get why people forget about the base arty... it's really effective now after it was buffed a couple patches back.

I don´t get forget about the base arty. It was the general consensus that UKF would benefit from a doctrinal mobile mortar, that´s why it was implemented. All I am saying is that it was implemented completly wrong. Why do USF, Ostheer and Soviets get to build mortars right at the start and OKW get Leig after setting up T1 while UKF needs to wait until 4 CP to get a basic doctrinal mortar. It just doesn´t make any sense.
9 Jan 2019, 02:12 AM

I think the ability being more expensive but with lower CP requirements would be fair.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 69
Germany 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment