Login

russian armor

WASP locked behind Platoon CP

ddd
5 Jan 2019, 12:42 PM

Why is it still a thing?
5 Jan 2019, 13:04 PM

Because it wouldn't be a CoH game if the Brits were not fucked.
5 Jan 2019, 13:08 PM

I don't remember exactly, but IIRC it's so OKW can get some AT defence up before the baby Flamer HT rocks up.

The Vickers upgrade isn't locked though.
ddd
5 Jan 2019, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2019, 13:08 PMLago
I don't remember exactly, but IIRC it's so OKW can get some AT defence up before the baby Flamer HT rocks up.

The Vickers upgrade isn't locked though.

But they can get sturmpio shreck or raketten without teching...
5 Jan 2019, 13:36 PM

If wasp isnt locked behind CP, volks should have pfaust unlocked from the go too...
5 Jan 2019, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2019, 13:09 PMddd
But they can get sturmpio shreck or raketten without teching...

In 1v1, UKF can tech T1 (and sometimes Bolster too) faster than they can amass the munitions to buy the WASP in the first place. UKF starts on 20 FU and T1 costs 30. You can get 10 FU much faster than 75 MU.

It's mostly a teamgame limitation as far as I know, where munitions roll in a lot faster and it was apparently a problem.
5 Jan 2019, 13:44 PM

If wasp isnt locked behind CP, volks should have pfaust unlocked from the go too...

Rakettenwerfer.
5 Jan 2019, 13:44 PM

The problem is without the early wasp mg42 builds can be oppressive vs the brits... but likewise an early wasp would be oppressive vs okw... maybe they should add a UC mortar upgrade to allow nondoc smokes for brits? Ideas?

60 muni no cp needed half the aoe and damage of a normal mortar but improved 50% faster cd for smoke barrage
5 Jan 2019, 13:45 PM

Permanently Banned

not like OKW has t0 AT with retreat and camo. I guess brits should get free nades from CP and universally add snares on sections just to deal with the garrisons early on
5 Jan 2019, 14:29 PM

snip

Rakettenwerfer.

You both know very well that WASPs eats alive rakettens and you still point that out, instead of that bring something new to the table, your arguments are already stale.

I reinforce my argument, pfaust from min 0 for volks in exange for WASP unlocked, since the latter is meant to counter team weapons and garrisons

Edit: Not to mention that raketten means ZERO AI but WASP enjoy burning alive anything that runs on its feet, or in other words 95% of the units in the earlygame. Raketten means a bad if not terrible and risky early game investment.

Edit2:
@OP if you really want to promote a change you need to elaborate, i mean, everyone here complaints but no one does the dirty job of listening and pruposing something good in return...
5 Jan 2019, 14:34 PM

RW could be locked behind first truck being built and there would little difference.

RW could even be moved to first truck set if the P.faust was move to first truck being built.
ddd
5 Jan 2019, 14:40 PM

You both know very well that WASPs eats alive rakettens and you still point that out, instead of that bring something new to the table, your arguments are already stale.

I reinforce my argument, pfaust from min 0 for volks in exange for WASP unlocked, since the latter is meant to counter team weapons and garrisons

Edit: Not to mention that raketten means ZERO AI but WASP enjoy burning alive anything that runs on its feet, or in other words 95% of the units in the earlygame. Raketten means a bad if not terrible and risky early game investment.

Edit2:
@OP if you really want to promote a change you need to elaborate, i mean, everyone here complaints but no one does the dirty job of listening and pruposing something good in return...

You are right my friend, here is my proposition: remove the platoon cp requirement for wasp upgrade. Its stupid and limits the usage of bren carrier. Also brits are probably the worst faction to clear garrisons nondoctrinaly so they could get at least wasp upgrade that is not artificially delayed (you still need 75 muni wich is a lot).
5 Jan 2019, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2019, 14:40 PMddd

You are right my friend, here is my proposition: remove the platoon cp requirement for wasp upgrade. Its stupid and limits the usage of bren carrier. Also brits are probably the worst faction to clear garrisons nondoctrinaly so they could get at least wasp upgrade that is not artificially delayed (you still need 75 muni wich is a lot).

Thats not how balance work
Thats not how any of this works...

Go find youself an argument rather tha crying and comparing factions blindlessly.
Also note, UKF just got a free snares buff. And not because someone played victim but because there was a serious discussion about that.
5 Jan 2019, 17:22 PM

Honestly I don't even see it as an issue, and I wouldn't even if I didn't think it was fair from a balance standpoint just because brit t1 comes so quick anyway. It's only 30 fuel and you can build it after like your second or third unit, and as others pointed out you tend to have the platoon cp before you even have the munitions to buy the WASP.
5 Jan 2019, 17:34 PM

Honestly I don't even see it as an issue, and I wouldn't even if I didn't think it was fair from a balance standpoint just because brit t1 comes so quick anyway. It's only 30 fuel and you can build it after like your second or third unit, and as others pointed out you tend to have the platoon cp before you even have the munitions to buy the WASP.

yepp. non issue because you cant even afford it before then, if one choses to linger on t0 thats kinda on them...
5 Jan 2019, 19:13 PM

Edit2:

Then you'll be happy to hear that raketten got STEALTH and can attack SIDE of WASP, you know, the place where WASP can't shoot and by the time it would turn, it would be dead.

Sorry, but bad micro and bad positioning doesn't reinforce your argument in the slightest.
6 Jan 2019, 01:20 AM

No need to make it come any earlier.

If you are truly intent on unlocking it, you can easily get there before you get the 90 muni required.
6 Jan 2019, 01:55 AM

I still think the uc should at least get some smoking ability to serve as early anti mg vs ost...
6 Jan 2019, 02:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2019, 01:55 AMgbem
I still think the uc should at least get some smoking ability to serve as early anti mg vs ost...

Just give it to the royal engineers, not the UC.

It already exists for the salvage engineers anyway and isnt game breaking/ OP. The only time that it can "smoke and flame" would be if it picks a very specific doctrine, and US REs can already do that as well.

6 Jan 2019, 03:53 AM

How often could u get 75muni before unlocking platoon CP?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★