Login

russian armor

Motherland HMGs rework

7 Jan 2019, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2019, 16:01 PMBaba
it just doesnt need a buff

But it doesn't do its job "suppress massed infantry" hell it doesn't even suppress isolated infantry... I fail to see how- aside from when you spam it, which is lame- its functioning properly.
7 Jan 2019, 22:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2019, 16:01 PMBaba
it just doesnt need a buff

Imagine a Panther bouncing off of every vehicle with more armor then T34 and having 8 second reload.
That's the state maxim is in.
7 Jan 2019, 22:18 PM

No faction ever should have stock heavy tank, its just broken.
No faction ever should have unlocked weapon upgrade or grenades without paying additional menpower and fuel.
No faction ever should have access to map hack vehicle that ignores LOS blockers.
No faction ever should have access to durable forward structures you can reinforce at.
No faction ever should just have access to anti tank gun from start of the game, regardless of tech.
No faction ever should be allowed to upgrade weapons on enemy territory.
Or, now pay attention, all factions should have something unique for them that no other faction gets.

+1000 to all but to this one:

« now pay attention, all factions should have something unique for them that no other faction gets.»

I would replace it by:

All factions should have access to all the basic tools in all field, but each faction should have better upgraded tools in one field that the others factions don't have access to.

Rough examples :(special expertise field)
OKW : Super armor= K tiger
Sov : At-gun = At-gun with indirect capability
Wer : Support : Mg42, mortars the best.
Brit: Scouting/commandos : brent carrier flamer, commandos (no sure what best in brits) ? help me ?
USA : Leadership (lt,capt, maj) (no sure what best in US) ? help me?
8 Jan 2019, 01:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cleaned the thread.

If you guys have issues which each other, remember that there's a button on each profile which reads "Send a PM".
8 Jan 2019, 13:05 PM

+1000 to all but to this one:

« now pay attention, all factions should have something unique for them that no other faction gets.»

I would replace it by:

All factions should have access to all the basic tools in all field, but each faction should have better upgraded tools in one field that the others factions don't have access to.

Rough examples :(special expertise field)
OKW : Super armor= K tiger
Sov : At-gun = At-gun with indirect capability
Wer : Support : Mg42, mortars the best.
Brit: Scouting/commandos : brent carrier flamer, commandos (no sure what best in brits) ? help me ?
USA : Leadership (lt,capt, maj) (no sure what best in US) ? help me?

This sounds like AoE but with more steps...
Assimetrycal balance is more challenging and bring each person abilities to an optimal state. No everyone likes microing, so a faction less reliant on tanks is fine, not everyone likes aggressive tactics, and so on.

Edit. Balance comes from oportunity rather than availability of unit/tools.
Its gives an strategic insight, allied factions tend to be aggressive. Ost is balanced defensive and okm is flexible aggressive
8 Jan 2019, 14:35 PM

OR

Go the other way and make the maxim dirt cheap and nerf it. Make it like a Ostruppen of MGs....because clearly people are terrified of this thing ever being half decent so if its going to be awful then that needs to be part of its design.

8 Jan 2019, 15:49 PM

it is already pretty cheap and thus spamable. and with its 6 man squad its pretty hard to get rid of also.

the timestamp is 0255, he didnt stop building maxims and after then went into full Zis and shock mode.
I can only emphasis again that this happens in 1 / 2 games i play. Its not that i cant deal with it, it is just so horribly annoying and doing it every second game just makes it all the more boring.
8 Jan 2019, 16:58 PM

Losing to a maxim spam especially as okw a l2p issue... use leig + smoke + lavanade nade + spotting truck to detect and engage maxims...

Note that another good idea is to use the spotting truck + mg34 to duel the maxim... it actually loses to it..

At the same time you can duel the maxim plus send flanking volks which works aswell...

Also note that a pair of obersoldatens can engage and win vs a maxim and deathloop it...

Ost meanwhile can use the mg42/mortar/sniper combo to one up the maxim and in the lategame... brummbar or pwerf the maxims to death
8 Jan 2019, 17:01 PM

nice. so what? i didnt argue that i am hopeless, i say that the maxim is getting spammed like no other unit. it must not be decreased in cost

+

what do you think is going to happen when maxim gets better surpression, dmg or else? will those people stop spamming? i think i know the answer
8 Jan 2019, 17:09 PM

No... but the maxim is spammed because conscripts suck... if conscripts get an APPROPRIATE buff then the maxim spam will disappear in all but the lowest elo...
8 Jan 2019, 18:05 PM

Permanently Banned
I hardly ever see anyone spam maxims even in team games and if its spammed its because its useless on its own so u need 2 of them to even suppress 1 volk who will still dislodge one maxim with a firenade by walking to it and because cons suck

By same logic u can spam Mg-42's who not only come earlier cost the same price for better everything almost
8 Jan 2019, 18:25 PM

Wehrmacht players just spamming mgs and mortars isnt an uncommon sight neither. thats not the point
8 Jan 2019, 18:33 PM

Making maxim stay crappy at suppression but lowering price will just encourage spamming it even more.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★