Login

russian armor

Balance still not fun at all in team (3vs3+) Open source ?

3 Jan 2019, 20:19 PM

After some tests: Axis still a lot easier to play. 4vs4 arty fest all the time... Boring. Coh2 mortars are ok but rest of arty units have too much impact on the game without an once of strategy.

American faction still borked :

The inf.squads with bar were nerfed, but they were made to replace the HMGs that USA don't have....custom. So in team game that factor alone make them really less appealing.

USA are «still» very very nboring too play.

Its an old game but a real good one, please balance it at last.

Stop being overcautious and make changes that have a real impact on balance.

We all know what to do just do it.

Thanks.

No bait here.

Open source it Relic if you can't make it great ! This game has so much potential.
3 Jan 2019, 20:36 PM

How much experience do you have on the axis side of things? It's good to get a few games as the other side before making sweeping judgments generally.
3 Jan 2019, 20:55 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW is pretty much braindead atm with the JLI commander and its taking forever for Lelic to patch it out
3 Jan 2019, 21:09 PM

USF literally gets hmgs earlier now if you go lt. L2p.
3 Jan 2019, 22:13 PM

I've been playin that game since beta kid, it have never been balanced in 3vs3,4vs4 + format.Axis is far easier to play then Allied and a lot of fun to play with. They have all the nice toys.

Americans are most boring faction and nearly useless on large map, maybe airborne in 4vs4).
Russian and UK are kind of cool and fun. but they don't Axis synergy.

Allies need voice chat to be on the same level of synergy. That's the bug.
3 Jan 2019, 22:19 PM

from a USF point of view i would agree but i dont see why axis should be better than brits or soviets. their artillery matches those axis have and their tanks, as i have seen lately, is more than capable of besting their german counterparts.
in 2v2 thought, usf is more than capable of beating axis in terms of infantry and tanks since Tigers and King tigers arent a common sight atm
4 Jan 2019, 00:27 AM

Game 4v4 and 3v3 balance is left to last priority, thats the main issue. It gives the most epic battles but also take account this game is so diverse is very hard to coordinate with random teammates, and the current automatic matchmaking system has flaws in it, specially with people leaving or not cooperating.
4 Jan 2019, 00:38 AM

"not cooperating", does that include your soviet comrade blowing up your base with satchels? xD
4 Jan 2019, 00:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2019, 00:38 AMBaba
"not cooperating", does that include your soviet comrade blowing up your base with satchels? xD

Exactly :')
4 Jan 2019, 00:45 AM

its strange but i have the feeling, that 2v2 with randoms got far less frustrating ssince the free weekend caused many new player to be around.
i dont quiet get why im getting matched with them, sometimes i can just lean back and watch as they fail, but overall its far less toxic.
4 Jan 2019, 01:01 AM
Patrion 310

Balance between factions in 3v3 and 4v4 isn't that far off equal. Matchmaker is trash and you often get very imbalanced games. That is the biggest issue in these game modes.

No faction is useless in 3s / 4s, just need to play to their strengths and adapt.
4 Jan 2019, 01:42 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Only "maps" can balance the 3v3/4v4.

IMHO only giant maps worked well for this game modes.
4 Jan 2019, 01:51 AM

I've been playin that game since beta kid, it have never been balanced in 3vs3,4vs4 + format.Axis is far easier to play then Allied and a lot of fun to play with. They have all the nice toys.

Americans are most boring faction and nearly useless on large map, maybe airborne in 4vs4).
Russian and UK are kind of cool and fun. but they don't Axis synergy.

Allies need voice chat to be on the same level of synergy. That's the bug.

Then don't play usf if you feel that way. I personally enjoy usf a lot; even if I do believe there's still plenty to be fixed with it I find it fun still.
4 Jan 2019, 03:53 AM

It's not really possible unless there's separate balance stats for 1v1/2v2 and 3v3/4v4 - the current factions/units just aren't designed around the amount of resources and combined arms available in larger team games.

Take the LeFH (or any arty unit); it's fine if there's 1-2 of them in a game, but 5+ just ruins it. Same goes for pretty much any powerful late-game type unit - 6+ M36 Jacksons destroy every tank instantly, a dozen JLIs remove any infantry in LoS, stacked emplacements, etc.

Only way 3s/4s will be anything more than a fun 'joke' mode will be if there's ever a way to balance them entirely separately.

4 Jan 2019, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2019, 01:42 AMnigo
Only "maps" can balance the 3v3/4v4.

IMHO only giant maps worked well for this game modes.

Agreed. 2 MG42 locking both fuel and VP at one side are so easy to go. And this approach at most maps.
4 Jan 2019, 14:00 PM

Its not the unit themselves that make Axis faction more powerful and the funniest to play, it's the fact that the have all the options available stock.

Example : (stock powers) no need to speck for it.
Infra-red halftrack
Mobile flack base
Mobile healing and retreat hq. = more durable then ambulance or outpost.
All the upgrades on the fly. USA have to go back to base for bars...

Nothing beat the infra-halftrack, flare for killer arty and precise raids to kill yours.

Knowledge is very powerfull.

Put infra-halftrack only on a commander like a Valentine. Just that would help so much the balance on team match.
4 Jan 2019, 14:59 PM

Its not the unit themselves that make Axis faction more powerful and the funniest to play, it's the fact that the have all the options available stock.

Looks like you a not top tier player, mate. No offence here. But the main problem with beating german is sum of good HMG42 - volks build into fast Shtuka - PzWerfers.
4 Jan 2019, 15:21 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Agreed. 2 MG42 locking both fuel and VP at one side are so easy to go. And this approach at most maps.

+1

Thats the reason General Mud (IMHO again) is the best 4v4 map in the franchise. Except for the mud part, but the size of the map is perfect for this gamemode.

I gave a suggestion some time ago for another giant map and this map is ready to play in automatch:

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2018, 12:29 PMnigo

Brody Tank War (6-8)

This map in ToW act like a campaign map, but we have luck on this one. MonolithicBacon (one of the best community mappers) already made a multiplayer version of them. And this map is a hell of fun.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=461474669

*Eastern front setting
*Rural setting
*Giant map with a lot of open space, perfect for tank battles. The 4v4 crowd will love.

4 Jan 2019, 15:26 PM

Usf is easy to cheese in narrow maps. The mortar half-track and priest are a must.
4 Jan 2019, 16:06 PM

2019 didnt change anything at all
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight