Login

russian armor

Sturmpionier

1 Jan 2019, 06:19 AM

A discussion about sturmpionier.

Why is their veterancy so bad?
1 Jan 2019, 06:50 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

You should be more specific about what is bad about it. Is the requirements too high? Is the bonuses too low? Is it too spaced out for 5 levels of vet?

Do you fully mean the veterancy is bad? Or are you just questioning why they fall off like stones after 6-7 minutes?
1 Jan 2019, 06:53 AM

Well tbh the sturmpio has alot of utility for a 300mp unit... and sturmpio rushes are farily strong against usf and balanced vs sov... sturmpios arent the first thing one can think of as underpowered okw things....
1 Jan 2019, 07:34 AM

Or are you just questioning why they fall off like stones after 6-7 minutes?

This, sorry for the lack of the specificity.

I think they scale terribly into late game.
1 Jan 2019, 07:56 AM

do you want Oberstrumpio?

1 Jan 2019, 08:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2019, 07:34 AMNaOCl

This, sorry for the lack of the specificity.

I think they scale terribly into late game.

That's because late game they are repair units for your tanks, trucks etc. They lay mines, they assist with stopping your tanks from being flanked with their shrek(s).

They are simply not a front-line combat unit late game, that's what Volks and Obers are for. If Sturms scaled well into the late game, why would you bother using Volks or Obers?

Obviously, during the early game they are also a strong unit.
1 Jan 2019, 08:11 AM

do you want Oberstrumpio?

You're not supposed to answer a question with a redundant question.
1 Jan 2019, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2019, 06:53 AMgbem
Well tbh the sturmpio has alot of utility for a 300mp unit... and sturmpio rushes are farily strong against usf and balanced vs sov... sturmpios arent the first thing one can think of as underpowered okw things....

Nobody said they're underpowered, try reading the question.
1 Jan 2019, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2019, 08:11 AMNaOCl

You're not supposed to answer a question with a redundant question.

beacause u want Oberstrumpio now

their vet is fine

good target size, fast repair speed, can use shock grenade, vet 4 40% accuracy....What is bad?

So what is your point?

Not enough for "SUPER ELITE COMBAT PIONEER"?

Need bundle grenade in vet5?

1 Jan 2019, 08:56 AM

beacause u want Oberstrumpio now

their vet is fine

good target size, fast repair speed, can use shock grenade, vet 4 40% accuracy....What is bad?

So what is your point?

Not enough for "SUPER ELITE COMBAT PIONEER?"

You and NaCL carry over the most retarded of arguments from other threads.

----------

Jokes aside, they are in a fine spot right now. They aren't shock troops, they are just "better engineers".
1 Jan 2019, 08:57 AM

You and NaCL carry over the most retarded of arguments from other threads.

I just answer the idiot questions

1 Jan 2019, 09:37 AM

The problem with "muh they become engines at late game REEEEEEEE" is that they never stop having the popcap and upkeep of a combat unit, so that is in any possible way a retarded fanboi argument.

They should scale better, maybe get some RA bonuses faster and revamp vet.
1 Jan 2019, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2019, 06:19 AMNaOCl
A discussion about sturmpionier.

Why is their veterancy so bad?

Because builder/repair units do not have great veternacy as they are not primarily combat units.

/thread
1 Jan 2019, 10:22 AM

Because builder/repair units do not have great veternacy as they are not primarily combat units.

/thread

That simply untrue both Re.E and Ro.E get combat bonuses even from vet 1, great fighting bonuses and are useful in fights.

Even SP get good fighting bonuses, they simply vet way too slow and lose badly to upgunned allied infantry.
1 Jan 2019, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2019, 10:22 AMVipper

That simply untrue both Re.E and Ro.E get combat bonuses even from vet 1, great fighting bonuses and are useful in fights.

Even SP get good fighting bonuses, they simply vet way too slow and lose badly to upgunned allied infantry.

Spios also get combat bonuses.
Difference is, in comparison, as you mentioned, SP bonuses are actually good.

They aren't assault troops and they won't be.

Also, I completely and utterly disagree on the vetting part, they vet decently fast and I never had problem with getting them to vet 4-5 reliably, unless I overextended and lost them, which didn't happened often anyway. Hell, go watch streamers, spios always end up with high vet in reasonable time.

Stop trying to dig out a problem that doesn't exist.
If you will use them passively, they will vet slowly, if you use them together with other units, they won't have problems vetting.

For a T0, spammable starting unit they are perfectly fine if not too potent for that time in early game as you can just walk up to literally any squad and just mow it down during first engagement.
1 Jan 2019, 10:44 AM

Spios also get combat bonuses.
Difference is, in comparison, as you mentioned, SP bonuses are actually good.

They aren't assault troops and they won't be.

Also, I completely and utterly disagree on the vetting part, they vet decently fast and I never had problem with getting them to vet 4-5 reliably, unless I overextended and lost them, which didn't happened often anyway.

Stop trying to dig out a problem that doesn't exist.
If you will use them passively, they will vet slowly, if you use them together with other units, they won't have problems vetting.

Re.E vet 1 bonus of 20% accuracy is great so is the 5 man a vet 3 (probably some of the top in game), contrary to your claim.

You are entitled to you opinion. I am glad that you reach SP vet 4-5 reliably, pls provide replays with your games. If you currently do not have one pls record one next time.

I did not dig out any problems OP did, so pls cut down on the personal comments it a near year and chance to be less personal in the forums.
1 Jan 2019, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2019, 10:44 AMVipper

Re.E vet 1 bonus of 20% accuracy is great so is the 5 man a vet 3 (probably some of the top in game), contrary to your claim.

You are entitled to you opinion. I am glad that you reach SP vet 4-5 reliably, pls provide replays with your games. If you currently do not have one pls record one next time.

I did not dig out any problems OP did, so pls cut down on the personal comments it a near year and chance to be less personal in the forums.

RE sten gun have low dps

Strumpio is more stronger than them

5man and good vet? that is not important

thier gun is trash and just support CQB in the battle(can be not mainly)

strumpio have high dps mid-close dmg and can be use combat unit with volks

Even they can use shock grenade in vet 3

Do you want some more power for "free CQB SUPER PIONEER" ?

1 Jan 2019, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2019, 10:44 AMVipper

Echelons are armed with M1A1 Carbines. Great rate of fire, but the unit itself has terrible accuracy. Also the gun is semi-automatic. On the other hand, Stumpioneers are armed with StG44 Assault Rifles. Obviously better rate of fire, and they can fire on the move. Assault Rifle vs Semi-automatic Rifle, the Assault Rifle wins.

Does the 5th Echelon improve the unit's battle effectiveness? Not at all, unless armed with BARs or LMGs.
1 Jan 2019, 11:15 AM

For a T0, spammable starting unit they are perfectly fine if not too potent for that time in early game as you can just walk up to literally any squad and just mow it down during first engagement.

>SPios
>spammable
>300 mp
>Anti-armor packadge
>special explosives pack
>t0

I guess, we all can see some common things with out beloved/enternally hated shtrafniki squad, only difference here is that you cannot efficently spam SPios and survive till long-game with well-vetted squads.
Only a couple of times i got 5-star SPios squad, and at vet3 it was already well-scaled, due to theirs concussion nade - most players insta-retreat, when see it.
Main problem is to manage a well-handed flank for sturms to actually do some damage - you can't just chardge blob of SPios head-on into MG ark.(as u can do with strafniki blob:sibToxic: )
1 Jan 2019, 11:23 AM

RE sten gun have low dps

Strumpio is more stronger than them

5man and good vet? that is not important

thier gun is trash and just support CQB in the battle(can be not mainly)

strumpio have high dps mid-close dmg and can be use combat unit with volks

Even they can use shock grenade in vet 3

Do you want some more power for "free CQB SUPER PIONEER" ?

Echelons are armed with M1A1 Carbines. Great rate of fire, but the unit itself has terrible accuracy. Also the gun is semi-automatic. On the other hand, Stumpioneers are armed with StG44 Assault Rifles. Obviously better rate of fire, and they can fire on the move. Assault Rifle vs Semi-automatic Rifle, the Assault Rifle wins.

PLS read my post understand it and quote me only if what you are posting has any relevance with the quoted post.

I did not compare Ro.E. or R.E. with SP. I responded to a claim "builder/repair units do not have great veterancy" and proved to be wrong.

In addition the OP is talking about the veterancy and not the unit.

Does the 5th Echelon improve the unit's battle effectiveness? Not at all, unless armed with BARs or LMGs.

Yes of coarse it does it increase DPS and HP by 25%.

When it comes to "fighting" vet bonuses Re.E get

+20% accuracy
-23% received accuracy, -20% weapon cooldown
Increases the squad's size to 5

and that is allot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %