Login

russian armor

Wishlist for 2019

16 Jul 2019, 17:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IIRC, the barbwire field cause problems in retreating units and couldn't be cleared by vehicles.
16 Jul 2019, 17:58 PM

IIRC, the barbwire field cause problems in retreating units and couldn't be cleared by vehicles.

And this is an unsolvable problem? What kind of problems with retreat? Because you don’t scare anyone with the German minefield, people know how to avoid and eliminate it, in most cases, the German minefield only works with retreating units.

Damn, how annoying the Relic trait that exists throughout CoH2: to create an interesting and cool mechanics and then just remove it if something bad works in it, instead of fixing it.
16 Jul 2019, 18:08 PM

Non-doc Easy 8 for USF, buildable after entire tree is unlocked

Ersatz Gruppe commander for OST with Panzerfusiliers, JP4, Railway, Stuka Smoke, and either the pioneer equivalent of Heavy Fortifications or Hull Down.

Some fix for the early game matchup between OKW and USF, without upsetting the other matchups

Possibly a change to Hull Down to make it somewhat similar to what it actually was - meaning the range should stay the same but the target size should go down. It would also be restricted to tanks.
16 Jul 2019, 19:30 PM

- A revisit of Mobile Defense (Reserve Osttruppen + Puma changes)
- Working handbrakes for all 250's. :banana:
- Destruction of heavy call-in stalling.

- Vehicle only toggle or hold fire for units inside ht's or have handheld rockets not autofire infantry.
16 Jul 2019, 20:09 PM

I'd like to see an overhaul of target size and accuracy in its entirety. A wider range of target sizes that allow for greater tuning. It would certainly help define light, medium and heavy AT and give better counterplay options.
16 Jul 2019, 21:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And this is an unsolvable problem? What kind of problems with retreat? Because you don’t scare anyone with the German minefield, people know how to avoid and eliminate it, in most cases, the German minefield only works with retreating units.

Damn, how annoying the Relic trait that exists throughout CoH2: to create an interesting and cool mechanics and then just remove it if something bad works in it, instead of fixing it.

It basically makes units crawl if it's on a retreat path.

I mean, it's not like it was a finished mechanic, i don't think it made it pass alpha/beta.
16 Jul 2019, 21:33 PM

It basically makes units crawl if it's on a retreat path.

I mean, it's not like it was a finished mechanic, i don't think it made it pass alpha/beta.

Then it works as it should work: slow down the soldiers, how do you imagine that the soldiers will retreat through the barbed wire field and jump over to have a normal speed of retreat? Allied soldiers detente a German minefield when they retreat. I think it is worth adding back the wire to the defense commander. It will be all in one commander.

As far as I remember, the barbed wire field is easily destroyed by a mortar, it is necessary to correct the destruction by tanks if such a bug exists.
18 Jul 2019, 13:06 PM

To add to my wishlist: I think the Ambulance should get a 50% damage reduction when in the base sector to make it slightly less vulnerable. The Ambulance is already very slow and the base layout doesn't help its cause.

The Ambulance only has 160 hp, while the Ostheer bunker has 480 hp for example. With this change the Ambulance would have 320 effective hp, but only when in the base sector.
18 Jul 2019, 14:46 PM

To add to my wishlist: I think the Ambulance should get a 50% damage reduction when in the base sector to make it slightly less vulnerable. The Ambulance is already very slow and the base layout doesn't help its cause.

The Ambulance only has 160 hp, while the Ostheer bunker has 640 hp for example. With this change the Ambulance would have 320 effective hp, but only when in the base sector.

Tbh all units in base sector having a damage reduction wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It would reduce the annoyance of barraging into base with arty for wipes and since arty can't be built in it I don't see how it could be exploited (except mobile howitzers I guess, but at least scatter is increased at range right?)
18 Jul 2019, 19:12 PM

The Ambulance only has 160 hp, while the Ostheer bunker has 640 hp for example. With this change the Ambulance would have 320 effective hp, but only when in the base sector.

Why not give the ambulance a free "setup" option. It takes ~5-10 seconds to setup/tear down, and can only be used in the base sector, but improves the HP/Armor (basically all defensive stats) to be equal to the OST bunker?

This would give the ambulance a pretty safe use case, but also restricts that use case to be pretty much identical to all other med systems. Considering the unit's cost, I don't think this would really change much.

Tbh all units in base sector having a damage reduction wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It would reduce the annoyance of barraging into base with arty for wipes and since arty can't be built in it I don't see how it could be exploited (except mobile howitzers I guess, but at least scatter is increased at range right?)

I can think of a lot of issues with this:

Can't fully chase retreating squads (or snipers)
Can't fully chase retreating vehicles, and they'd magically become MUCH stronger once in their own base
Mobile artillery, especially on maps where firing from the base sector is viable
Removes another way of punishing blobs
18 Jul 2019, 19:35 PM

My thinking was that if the enemy is fighting out of their base they are likley already fucked...
27 Nov 2019, 06:00 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2019, 18:43 PMnigo
Removal of ALL unofficial community managers, who have access to Relic only because their friendship with Relic workers, not because merit or knowledge or community long term compromisses.
I agree (balance that is). Access and/or friendship with Relic can have unintended consequences.

Example non-bias;
From my POV Luvnest (maybe) and Callum McCole (@GGTheMachine) has lead by example with non-biased balance analysis.
Many if not most players have bias/fanboism and that's OK. At very least, remember to include both axis/allies fanboys in balance leadership.
IMO Relic can't be trusted to be non-biased so it's up to the fan community sorting this out..GL.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★