Login

russian armor

How are Jäger Light Infantry OP?

29 Dec 2018, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2018, 17:23 PMTobis

Jaegers beat almost everything in green cover. The .9 accuracy on the g43 is incredibly strong.

And then stack it with the 50% accuracy bonus from first strike out of camo.

That's something unique to them right? Like paths don't have .9 on heavy cover with their snipers?
29 Dec 2018, 19:08 PM

And then stack it with the 50% accuracy bonus from first strike out of camo.

That's something unique to them right? Like paths don't have .9 on heavy cover with their snipers?

Nope.
JLI always put Pathfinders to shame, even more so now, it's hilarious.
29 Dec 2018, 22:32 PM

IMO OKM should have the Jaeger 5 man squad, and limited to 1 squad. No more spamming.
This way JLI remains exclusive to OST as a long range stormtrooper, either one or the other depending of the doctrine.
30 Dec 2018, 00:28 AM

Nope.
JLI always put Pathfinders to shame, even more so now, it's hilarious.

But the paratrooper relay ))))))))))

/s
30 Dec 2018, 01:32 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2018, 17:23 PMTobis

Jaegers beat almost everything in green cover. The .9 accuracy on the g43 is incredibly strong.

I knew that, but I realized that there was very little substance in the arguments made in this thread. Maybe if some of the better players came in and illuminated some of these people to what I would call the "efficiency" of JLIs then maybe we could get somewhere. They should be nerfed, no question about it. Probably need sniping ability closer to the pathfinders, 1 model short spawning from a house, and a bit more mp cost, 280-300 since there is no build time. But hey!, what do I know, I'm just a scrub player.
30 Dec 2018, 01:47 AM

But the paratrooper relay ))))))))))

/s

It's actually useful, since Paras drop like flies, OKW is just on a whole other league when compared to USF.
30 Dec 2018, 05:43 AM

JLI shouldn’t be competing for a spot against volks as they aren’t main line infantry. The issue right now is that spamming them is too easy because they are super cheap with a cheap upgrade.

They shouldn’t get any performance nerfs in my opinion, they are just way too cheap and making them cost more should be sufficient.

You say that they are not main line infantry. Then you say spamming them is too easy. Have you lost a game to an army composition of 3x volks 3x JLi? Because at 1cp i already have 3x volks.

They compete against volks if I prefer going long range I'll go JLi on a dead volks squad or on a 4th infantry squad. If they get nerf again, then the choise is easy i'll go volks.
In fact they mostly compete vs obersoldaten because they fill the same role.
30 Dec 2018, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 05:43 AMJacK_Qc
In fact they mostly compete vs obersoldaten because they fill the same role.

Not really, only in long range combat are they comparable. JLI are only about 80% of Obers combat strength, not counting bundled grenades or STG44 upgrade.

The JLI with 50 sight range and camo however serve a recon role that OKW otherwise does not have. I find them very useful in scouting enemy positions / HMGs and giving early warnings of enemy attacks.
31 Dec 2018, 03:33 AM

IMO OKM should have the Jaeger 5 man squad, and limited to 1 squad. No more spamming.
This way JLI remains exclusive to OST as a long range stormtrooper, either one or the other depending of the doctrine.

Ostheer doesn’t have JLI right? They only have the 5 man jaeger command squad with 2 normal g43s and different abilities.
31 Dec 2018, 05:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2018, 12:35 PMKatitof

Except people blobbing and a-moving JLI are not spamming these other abilities.
The abilities only make it worse to the already cancerous and op JLI spam.

95% of your posts claim N Axis unit is OP and Y allied unit is just fine or UP.

HMMMMM

I wonder what it means. . . Hmmmmmmm.

I know you have a good understanding of a lot of game mechanics, but your selective blindness is disgusting.
31 Dec 2018, 06:03 AM

Kaitof is quite useless for balance threads I think, just like ulu who swings even harder in the other direction.
31 Dec 2018, 08:32 AM

HMMMMM

I know you have a good understanding of a lot of game mechanics, but your selective blindness is disgusting.

Then you might want to actually start reading them.
31 Dec 2018, 11:22 AM

HMMMMM

Axis unit is OP and Y allied unit is just fine or UP. -> that is true

31 Dec 2018, 18:18 PM

Ostheer doesn’t have JLI right? They only have the 5 man jaeger command squad with 2 normal g43s and different abilities.

Yeah that squad im talking about, swap it for JLI for OKM and let OST have the current JLI.
31 Dec 2018, 20:30 PM

pretty sure its 3 g43s but that squad it basically a 5 man gren with 3 g43s if I remember correctly.
1 Jan 2019, 18:37 PM

They really need a price increase, or some modification to their stats so they aren't so powerful right now. An increase in the cooldown time to spawn them should also be considered.

I think 250mp is far too cheap considering how they're performing right now too, OKW isn't exactly a faction that struggles with manpower so for them to have another very cheap, powerful squad makes it hard to not pick this commander right now.

Just the fact that they're an infiltration unit too makes them incredibly annoying and prone to abuse, especially with the relatively low cooldown time.

Does anyone know how stat-wise they compare to Pathfinders and I&R Pathfinders? I watched the test videos earlier in the thread but I'd be curious to see how they compare to I&R Pathfinders, a similarly priced unit. Maybe I'll go do that myself actually just to see how they compare.

Regardless, they are definitely an issue right now and it should be addressed.
1 Jan 2019, 20:13 PM
3 Jan 2019, 02:38 AM

This is hilarious because OKW has had both a quality and cost advantage over USF in particular for sometime. The JLI pretty much shuts down USF. They already have 1 unit (Volks) superior and cheaper than Riflemen now they get two! LOL! Much of what OKW has is not appropriately priced.
3 Jan 2019, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2019, 20:13 PMReverb
https://clips.twitch.tv/PopularNaiveMageHeyGuys

lol

This video summarizes all the problems of JLI.
3 Jan 2019, 17:32 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS