Login

russian armor

New USF Tech - Build Orders & Strats

13 Dec 2018, 13:07 PM

What build orders / new strategies are working well for you since the patch the other day?

I've only had time for two games as USF. I thought the idea was to diversify builds & get less mandatory rifles (esp. with Combat Engineers & Paths at 0CP), which is great. But I'm wondering if now we're just going to get mandatory LT + CPT instead (probably straight into Major -> Sherman, with maybe some backteching later).

Or are people having luck with other strategies? :)
13 Dec 2018, 15:28 PM

I tried Mecha yesterday with 2 Rifles and 2 CavRifles, one car and 2 light vehicles, Stuart+MHT. It worked pretty alright, putting the munitions on the LT Bazooka and 2 Thompsons + Truck MGand some leftovers for satchels. Could use refinement but it did fine, given the Upgunned Sherman with HVAP stood up to the OKW PZ4 with HEAT! It was an even match.
13 Dec 2018, 16:30 PM

I need to play more games in order to find good strategies. I really messed up because of the old builds i have been using. I got some new in mind but i need to check them out.
13 Dec 2018, 16:46 PM

I tried Mecha yesterday with 2 Rifles and 2 CavRifles, one car and 2 light vehicles, Stuart+MHT. It worked pretty alright, putting the munitions on the LT Bazooka and 2 Thompsons + Truck MGand some leftovers for satchels. Could use refinement but it did fine, given the Upgunned Sherman with HVAP stood up to the OKW PZ4 with HEAT! It was an even match.

Did you find that there were issues with autotargeting with 76MM Sherman or other units ? I've heard that some units may or may not be bugged with Prioritize Vehicles and I'm itching to try new USF but don't want to if its bugged.
13 Dec 2018, 17:55 PM

Did you find that there were issues with autotargeting with 76MM Sherman or other units ? I've heard that some units may or may not be bugged with Prioritize Vehicles and I'm itching to try new USF but don't want to if its bugged.

It worked fine for me, I had no issues with Prioritize Vehicles, the only issue I had was with the Upgunned Sherman was the Smoke being really unresponsive.
13 Dec 2018, 22:08 PM

Haven’t had a chance to play it much but I’m very much looking forward to playing with airborne now that it’s abilities are better timed/priced. Thinking maybe rifle, path, rifle, captain to open instead of 3 rifles, officer like normal builds.

Also wanting to play with mechanized; I might actually try going 2 rifles 2 dodges since it’s fairly easy to go all of early game without losing a model with that opening, leaving you with a lot more midgame manpower than usf is usually used to. From there you can go cav rifle heavy or support weapon heavy I guess.
14 Dec 2018, 11:59 AM

Funnily that's exactly what happened in my game - now that the OKW Elite Armour commander is actually useful, I think we're going to be seeing HEAT a lot more. And damn, that stuff is effective. If I hadn't happened to have been playing Mechanized with the better Sherman, I think I would have been screwed, but pretty sure those Shermans allowed me to scrape a win.

Still haven't had much chance to play USF but looking forward to try out some inf other than rifles for a change :D
14 Dec 2018, 12:39 PM

I am thinking of going LT + CPT to get acces to an MG and an AT gun without having to use my commander (Airborne) for that. That opens op the possibility to use different commanders instead of being bound to Airborne
14 Dec 2018, 12:55 PM

well the 2 newcommanders are pretty good right now but i'd like to say that where are my smokes on the sherman. and for strat i play 2 rifle then LT or CPT and cav rifle or Ass engie then lv. it's pretty strong tbh.
14 Dec 2018, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 11:59 AMEuan

Funnily that's exactly what happened in my game - now that the OKW Elite Armour commander is actually useful, I think we're going to be seeing HEAT a lot more. And damn, that stuff is effective. If I hadn't happened to have been playing Mechanized with the better Sherman, I think I would have been screwed, but pretty sure those Shermans allowed me to scrape a win.

Still haven't had much chance to play USF but looking forward to try out some inf other than rifles for a change :D

Actually HEAT doesn’t affect usf that much since their tanks will almost never bounce anything anyway. IIRC the increased damage isn’t enough to let the 160 damage tanks (p4, panther, jp4) kill mediums in one less shot either, so it’s not a huge deal vs. shermans and Jacksons. I think it reduces the amount of hits that the kt takes to kill mediums by one though, and lets the puma 4 hit mediums like a tank (which is really funny and useful actually).
14 Dec 2018, 21:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Actually HEAT doesn’t affect usf that much since their tanks will almost never bounce anything anyway. IIRC the increased damage isn’t enough to let the 160 damage tanks (p4, panther, jp4) kill mediums in one less shot either, so it’s not a huge deal vs. shermans and Jacksons. I think it reduces the amount of hits that the kt takes to kill mediums by one though, and lets the puma 4 hit mediums like a tank (which is really funny and useful actually).

HEAT gives 30% more damage, so (almost) none of that is actually true, unfortunately. Mediums will still take 4 hits to destroy mediums. But the KT still takes 3 shots to destroy mediums, and the puma takes 5 (instead of the usual 6) shots to destroy mediums.

Basically, HEAT only usefully changes the shots to kill if you're using a vet 2 or lower puma, if you're facing a light vehicle (not that you want to use HEAT in this situation, so I guess some might not even call this useful...), or if you're facing a premium medium or heavy tank.
14 Dec 2018, 21:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

As for my own build:

Double assault engineer, into m20, into .50 cal spam. It's worked out extremely well for me. I also personally like the build because of how well it fits my style.
15 Dec 2018, 04:46 AM

HEAT gives 30% more damage, so (almost) none of that is actually true, unfortunately. Mediums will still take 4 hits to destroy mediums. But the KT still takes 3 shots to destroy mediums, and the puma takes 5 (instead of the usual 6) shots to destroy mediums.

Basically, HEAT only usefully changes the shots to kill if you're using a vet 2 or lower puma, if you're facing a light vehicle (not that you want to use HEAT in this situation, so I guess some might not even call this useful...), or if you're facing a premium medium or heavy tank.

I forgot KTs already kill mediums in 3 hits lol. As for the puma, I guess I just counted wrong. Does it get increased damage at vet3 though?
As for my own build:

Double assault engineer, into m20, into .50 cal spam. It's worked out extremely well for me. I also personally like the build because of how well it fits my style.

That actually sounds kinda interesting lol. Do you not get any normal riflemen?
15 Dec 2018, 06:52 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I forgot KTs already kill mediums in 3 hits lol. As for the puma, I guess I just counted wrong. Does it get increased damage at vet3 though?

That actually sounds kinda interesting lol. Do you not get any normal riflemen?

At vet 3 (for both the ost and okw variants) the puma goes from 120 to 160 damage, so it starts to hit like a medium tank.

And no, I don't usually get riflemen unless the game stalls out, usually past 25 minutes where I start to absolutely need long range damage and 50s become too prone to explosive damage or ober deathlooping. I dont anticipate most games will last that long, honestly.
15 Dec 2018, 09:43 AM

Thanks for the info on HEAT, very interesting. I guess the effect on me must have been mostly psychological then :D although on the other hand, with a things like random artillery hits, handheld AT, or partially completed repairs, there must be more than a few situations where tanks not starting on full HP actually do die to a different number of rounds.
15 Dec 2018, 17:46 PM

HEAT helps the PZ4 avoid bouncing off the Sherman at least, or should greatly reduce the chances of it, so it does help somewhat.
20 Dec 2018, 11:42 AM

As a USF mechanized company player, i used the build order from twistedtoosty:

RF->Jeep->rf-Lt->cav.rf

then i will depend situation and build mg and stuart

The revamped commander make the jeep more OP, just insert the cav.rf and make the jeep vet1, it can wipe out every single inf. squad

Jeep step on it ability and bazooka bus just make this company become tokyo shift company:

panzerfaust cannot hit the jeep (i tried several times vs germany, maybe they changed the accuracy of panzerfaust, they cannot hit once on jeep under step on it ability)

While bazooka bus wipe out any single light armor vehicle in one volley(if all bazooka hits the rear) while stug and ostneer pz4 without vet2: 2 volley (if all bazooka hits the rear)

As twistedtoosty video posted on twitch and propagandacast. Bazooka bus still dominate the light-armor game play style vs all German factions.

For HEAT round, it just make the 76mm Sherman more durable vs tanks, while the dozer blade increase normal sherman hp.

For combine arms, it can be used in inf inside jeep and M3 HF, it seems the revamp purpose tend to encourage us using Bazooka bus or AE86 (jeep)

For mortar HT, its WP round is the best combination with cav.rf inside the jeep, when team weapon retreat, press step on it button and the jeep with chase it in supersonic speed, combining the revamped .50 cal and 5 close range weapon, usually they cannot back to base and die while retreating.

Before revamp, this commander is already the best(or second best) commander in US, now the revamp just let it become more perfect.

Unfortunately there is less sources to see top level gameplay using revamped mechanized company, i can found one in twistedtoosty twitch and tightrope channel(1-2 video for testing), miragefla (1-2 video)

Therefore if anyone using this style, please reply on this thread the performances of this newly revamp commander
22 Dec 2018, 06:02 AM

The WC51 is so incredibly strong for the price at the moment, especially against OKW.

I really recommend playing around with this as it's dirt cheap and have a high relevance abilities through the entirety of the game. It is also surprisingly durable and can easily eat a raketen shot.

Get in the fun before the inevitable nerfs :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS