Login

russian armor

Arty is utterly broken

6 Dec 2018, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2018, 15:37 PMVipper
The reason arty exist in the game is so prevent defensive turtleing game. So what exactly would you propose to counter that king of static game-play?

At the very least remove all cooldown veterancy bonusses so arty has to be used strategically rather than spamming it all over the map continuously.
6 Dec 2018, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2018, 15:51 PMLatch

Bonus damage vs structures.

Mortars require you to get a lot closer than a howitzer and they only 1hk if a squad is low on health, too many times I have had a full health squad moving into battle for it to only be wiped out by a stray arty shot.

They fire very fast too which adds to the problems when vet gets involved, removing 1hk on full health squads would be a start IMO then adjust from there.

play ost and see your 4 men vet units get shredd.

so u are complaining about fast fireing .... but lets me gues u use the motar emplacemend ?

axis have 2 longrange arty pieces LEFH and Stuka... while stuka is a wierd spot.

so... allies have how many? and how many top tier commander?

As an axis player u have to pick at least one arty commander. If not u can just watch ur tanks get shredd by pak and 60 range td.
6 Dec 2018, 16:20 PM

At the very least remove all cooldown veterancy bonusses so arty has to be used strategically rather than spamming it all over the map continuously.

than tell us how u should counter sim city gameplay in 2vs2 ?
6 Dec 2018, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2018, 15:51 PMLatch

Bonus damage vs structures.

Mortars require you to get a lot closer than a howitzer and they only 1hk if a squad is low on health, too many times I have had a full health squad moving into battle for it to only be wiped out by a stray arty shot.

They fire very fast too which adds to the problems when vet gets involved, removing 1hk on full health squads would be a start IMO then adjust from there.

And that would force OKW to build in base and UKF not use emplacements.
6 Dec 2018, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2018, 16:22 PMVipper

And that would force OKW to build in base and UKF not use emplacements.

Im not saying even MORE damage im saying in the hypothetical change, it can't 1HK squads but has bonus damage VS structures, aka, the same/slightly less damage than it does now.
6 Dec 2018, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2018, 16:38 PMLatch

Im not saying even MORE damage im saying in the hypothetical change, it can't 1HK squads but has bonus damage VS structures, aka, the same/slightly less damage than it does now.

So artillery pieces are there to counter emplacements, OKW trucks and base buildings right?

What counters ATG walls?
6 Dec 2018, 17:09 PM

than tell us how u should counter sim city gameplay in 2vs2 ?

The same as now, except you can't do it every second minute because the gun would actually have a notable cooldown.
6 Dec 2018, 17:12 PM

I suggest you test UKF revamped arty commander and provide your feedback, Sexton has some of the lowest CD and can even be by passed with a Valentine.

While commander can bring a number of other arty with 25 pounders.
6 Dec 2018, 17:19 PM

And anyone has a idea to fix arty-spam without call-in abilitys?

Simply make a limit of 2 for call-in arty-vehicles and stationary howitzer. That would at least fix the spam.
6 Dec 2018, 17:19 PM

I absolutley hate artillery hell that many games devolve into, and when I play USF in a larger team game, I almost always prioritize recon + time on target on any LefHs I see. It works, and unless you're already on the backfoot, your enemy can't afford to keep spamming them. It's muni heavy, but it does mean that you are effectively hamstringing an entire enemy player.

Having said all that, I don't think artillery needs to be overnerfed, but I do think any "click and forget" things like counter-barrage need to go.

I'm less critical of the Wehr mortar getting this in part because of the much lower range which means it has to be close enough that you can do something about it, but howitzers can just sit way in the back and counter you with 0 input from the player.

edit: I dislike limiting how many of a unit you can have save for special commander units that give an orthogonal aura benefit, so I'd vote against limiting artillery to 2, in part because I dislike limiting what a player can do.
7 Dec 2018, 21:28 PM

I absolutley hate artillery hell that many games devolve into, and when I play USF in a larger team game, I almost always prioritize recon + time on target on any LefHs I see. It works, and unless you're already on the backfoot, your enemy can't afford to keep spamming them. It's muni heavy, but it does mean that you are effectively hamstringing an entire enemy player.

Having said all that, I don't think artillery needs to be overnerfed, but I do think any "click and forget" things like counter-barrage need to go.

I'm less critical of the Wehr mortar getting this in part because of the much lower range which means it has to be close enough that you can do something about it, but howitzers can just sit way in the back and counter you with 0 input from the player.

edit: I dislike limiting how many of a unit you can have save for special commander units that give an orthogonal aura benefit, so I'd vote against limiting artillery to 2, in part because I dislike limiting what a player can do.

But have you played 3v3+? facing anymore than 2 arty pieces, hell even 1 can completely win the game, its not even funny. THe wipe potential is extreme and needs to be toned down completley.

Here, one example I caught on stream (Caution Volume):

https://www.twitch.tv/itslatch/clip/BumblingTriangularWaspYouDontSay?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
7 Dec 2018, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2018, 21:28 PMLatch

But have you played 3v3+? facing anymore than 2 arty pieces, hell even 1 can completely win the game, its not even funny. THe wipe potential is extreme and needs to be toned down completley.

https://www.twitch.tv/itslatch/clip/BumblingTriangularWaspYouDontSay?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

I mostly play 3v3/4v4, so yeah. And I've had some godawful games where 5+ howtizers were used against my side. It's not fun, sure, but what can you do -- the game is the game, you just gotta figure out what you can do to get around it and win.
10 Dec 2018, 07:32 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Do you see where the LefH stands? Literally RIGHT infront of you. Of course the Scatter is very small there.

Also the player has Sight, you don't think to move out of the capping sector, where he would probably shoot, since you got the whole other sectors.

You could hear the lefh shot coming, you cut the video so the shot is not hearable from the beginning, only the following roar of it, and instead of MOVING towards the outside of the map, you keep staying in the fuel circle, in which your enemy shoots, with some clear thinking you could have thought of that.

But Enough of that.

You rather cry than to think. :)
10 Dec 2018, 10:45 AM

Playing with eyes AND ears is one major problem of many buff-nerf debates.
10 Dec 2018, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 07:32 AMd0ggY

Do you see where the LefH stands? Literally RIGHT infront of you. Of course the Scatter is very small there.

Also the player has Sight, you don't think to move out of the capping sector, where he would probably shoot, since you got the whole other sectors.

You could hear the lefh shot coming, you cut the video so the shot is not hearable from the beginning, only the following roar of it, and instead of MOVING towards the outside of the map, you keep staying in the fuel circle, in which your enemy shoots, with some clear thinking you could have thought of that.

But Enough of that.

You rather cry than to think. :)

That was showing the wiping potential of a full health squad, nothing to do with anything else that you mentioned, you know, thats why I said the wipe potential is extreme and not the accuracy is extreme etc.

EDIT: Because, you know, the aoe isnt any smaller the further away the shots land.

Have you watched the recent 2v2 tournaments? Its just an arty fest, there is a reason for it.

"and instead of MOVING towards the outside of the map, you keep staying in the fuel circle, in which your enemy shoots, with some clear thinking you could have thought of that."

I was clearly trying to move out of the circle when I heard the shot, the click was moving other squads towards the sector, you know, if you watched the video without pre meditated bias, you might have thought of that.
11 Dec 2018, 01:05 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 23:06 PMLatch

That was showing the wiping potential of a full health squad, nothing to do with anything else that you mentioned, you know, thats why I said the wipe potential is extreme and not the accuracy is extreme etc.

EDIT: Because, you know, the aoe isnt any smaller the further away the shots land.

Have you watched the recent 2v2 tournaments? Its just an arty fest, there is a reason for it.

"and instead of MOVING towards the outside of the map, you keep staying in the fuel circle, in which your enemy shoots, with some clear thinking you could have thought of that."

I was clearly trying to move out of the circle when I heard the shot, the click was moving other squads towards the sector, you know, if you watched the video without pre meditated bias, you might have thought of that.

The only one who is Biased is you, by being a 1 Faction fanboi.

2nd of all, you run towards the middle of the map.. instead of the outside..what a smart player would do because he is not going to put the arch towards more outside the map. :)

11 Dec 2018, 05:01 AM

Why dont you click once on your commander ability, and once on where the arty piece is and call it a day.

You may have to sac a car, but thats hardly difficult.
11 Dec 2018, 06:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2018, 01:05 AMd0ggY

The only one who is Biased is you, by being a 1 Faction fanboi.

2nd of all, you run towards the middle of the map.. instead of the outside..what a smart player would do because he is not going to put the arch towards more outside the map. :)

Before you try use that age old "Gotcha!"against me, maybe look at my post where I state ALL arty is over performing.

What do you mean middle of the map? You want me to run outside of the map? What drugs are you smoking? Hindsight is a great thing isn't it but again, lets forget about what actions brought up to the squad wipe, oh mighty COH2 God, and instead focus on the ability it has to squad wipe a fairly spread out unit and then bring that power back to someones base and have it hit 2+ squads that have retreated and clogged up at spawn, seems legit!

Remember what a 'smart player' would do about demo charges? They nerfed them into the ground didn't they! So maybe it's the dumb players like myself that see stuff that needs changing and in turn help the game because they only way you get things to be nerfed is to have it used and abused, funny, thats what's happening in this tournament isn't it!

https://youtu.be/0-KrAvxVVuM?t=2501

3x Stuka 2x LEFH

I guess you will tell them they shouldn't have focused mid, a clever boy like yourself would have flanked left outside of the map, right?

Why dont you click once on your commander ability, and once on where the arty piece is and call it a day.

He had 2 or 3 raks and it just deleted any tank that went anywhere near the fuel. Getting recon and using that would have been an option you're not wrong but its expensive, it isn't guaranteed to hit or even kill and they can get to 400MP well before I can get to 250+ Muni and it's like I've mentioned earlier.

If they do that doctrine I have no choice but to basically go 1 of 2 commanders or its GG from the start. That makes the game horribly stale as you are forced to do the same thing game in game out.

Hell even if they make the LEFH go down to 1 tank/AT shot/Demo charge that might allow for the unit to keep everything it currently has but stop it from near enough requiring arty or a call in ability to kill it which is a large issue.

Yes you can send in a tank(s) and sit there shooting at it until it dies but they are so often that far back, surrounded by units and defenses that you can't simply sit there for too long. Allowing for it to be 1 shot for example, same as the Werfer and the Katy, might as I mentioned balance it out without the need of any other changes.
11 Dec 2018, 09:57 AM
Senior Caster Badge

You can't help or advice this guy, just let it be. He doesn't even read or tries to understand what you wrote! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 100
Peru 42
United States 30
United States 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %