Option Distribution Votes
23%
12%
27%
38%
Total votes: 26
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
18 Nov 2018, 09:38 AM

Since a USF tech rework is being impletemented, i hope some sort of tech revamp can be done for OKW as well.

The issues within okw current tech tree are the following:

1) The faction is de facto forced to choose between Mechanized units and repair upgrade or Battlegroup units and medical upgrade. Backteching is way to expensive to get either repair or medics

2) Obers come late and usually face vet 3 bar and bren at vet 0

Changes i'd like to see

1) While the first truck must be set up normally (paying the full price and unlocking all the Btg or Mech units), the second truck gains 2 abilities, "set up medic station" and "set up repair station". The second truck will be able to set the hq that WASN'T built with the first truck, for the cost of medic/repair upgrade, but will only unlock medics/repair, while it will have to pay the original BTG/MECH cost by clicking the "FOB upgrade" ability to unlock all the units from said hq.

2) Flak hq split, Obers and Jagdpanzer IV/70 comes after you set up the building for half the teching costs and Panther and Panzer IV comes after you pay the rest of the tech cost by clicking on "Upgrade to Schwer Panzer HQ" ability. The latter includes making the flak on top the HQ operative.

EDIT: This actually implies a nerf to Jpz 4 (IMHO armor nerf to 160 to make it easily pen-able by mediums will make it, if it retains the same price tag). Obers mg is still locked behind full tier 4.
18 Nov 2018, 09:42 AM

Okw tech rework ? This is joke right ? Faction with cheap tech and without side techs need buffs in your opinion.
Okw is now in petfect spot usf dont u get it?
18 Nov 2018, 09:51 AM

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!1

on topic: since many ppl asks repair station for wehr's T4 I could agree with 1st. Flak hq split just as proposed could be done only with cost increase of unupgraded tier units (obers, jpiv) to retain balance™, and I dislike it.
18 Nov 2018, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 09:51 AMHater
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!1

on topic: since many ppl asks repair station for wehr's T4 I could agree with 1st. Flak hq split just as proposed could be done only with cost increase of unupgraded tier units (obers, jpiv) to retain balance™, and I dislike it.

Good point, my idea was that a faster Jpz4 could turn it in a mid tier AT like stug, make it a backup at for medic hq builds or an alternative to puma.
I would actually nerf its armor to Stug level and test it with the actual price tag.

Obers should be ok as long as mg upgrade is locked behind Schwer Panzer upgrade.
18 Nov 2018, 10:09 AM

The first idea is ok, but the 2nd one is not needed at all imo. We dont need a comeback of 10 minute JP4, and ~6-7 minutes Obers is too early as well. This squad has no trouble at all to win vs a vet 2 BAR/Bren squad if you use it correctly. If you use green cover a lot, you will win almost every 1:1 engagement and once they're vet 2 you can just a-move them
18 Nov 2018, 10:12 AM

The first idea is ok, but the 2nd one is not needed at all imo. We dont need a comeback of 10 minute JP4, and ~6-7 minutes Obers is too early as well. This squad has no trouble at all to win vs a vet 2 BAR/Bren squad if you use it correctly. If you use green cover a lot, you will win almost every 1:1 engagement and once they're vet 2 you can just a-move them

My fault for not specifing some changes that i had in mind for the earlier units in half tier 4.

Please take note of the post over yours, i will update op soon.
18 Nov 2018, 10:22 AM

The first change would make both the sturm medic boxes and the repair station much less used. There isn’t really a reason to back tech as OKW except maybe getting a stuka HT in team games. The only reason I back tech now is to get medics basically. Repair station is already pretty redundant since sturms already repair pretty fast and personally I never go it already.
18 Nov 2018, 10:32 AM

But OKW was reworked already.
They have flexible tech, they have great incentives to back tech and they have offensive light AI vehicle in both early game tiers.

OKW doesn't lack anything.
And if there possible was one thing, it would be removing 40mm AA gun from shwerer and adding it as a side tech/half tier to allow for earlier obers.
18 Nov 2018, 10:50 AM

T4 should be 150 MP and 50 FU, only allow Obers to be built.
JP4, PZIV, Panther, Ober LMG/STG and 40mm Flak behind 50 MP 70 FU upgrade.

This would finally allow Obers to hit the field at a decent time without being overpowered, and allow them to vet up adjacent to other elite (and upgraded mainline) infantry.

The rest of the tech seems fine to me right now. Backteching is expensive but offers considerable rewards as it gives either medics or free repairs.
18 Nov 2018, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 10:32 AMKatitof

It would be removing 40mm AA gun from shwerer and adding it as a side tech/half tier to allow for earlier obers.

Sounds like a good idea, what would costs be like and how would unlocking the vehicles in that tier work?
18 Nov 2018, 11:08 AM

They have flexible tech, they have great incentives to back tech and they have offensive light AI vehicle in both early game tiers.

And if there possible was one thing, it would be removing 40mm AA gun from shwerer and adding it as a side tech/half tier to allow for earlier obers.

I totally agree with you
18 Nov 2018, 11:41 AM

If USF tech changes goes ahead I would rather see also a UKF changes and OKW. Lets be done with this so we can start focusing on thing that plagueing the game for year.

Every time a faction is redesign half the balance work being done goes down the drain anyway.
18 Nov 2018, 11:42 AM

The only things that the OKW is lacking right now is reliable AT, the raketen is bugged, the Sturms are burdened with like around 5 things to do and the JP comes in late.

While the Obers are in a shitty spot and I almost never really see them being used.

What I suggest is putting them in the Med HQ and giving them a double Panzershreck package, that way you're giving them a role and more use.

What I imagine them like is basically like the Panzergrenadiers for Ost but having an AI option with the Panzer HQ, until then they can act as a supplement to Volks and Sturms with their rifles so it's not just 1 Sturm and 4 Volks roaming around the map and they will provide an intermediate AT option.

The only problems I see is balancing them and how to fit them in the Med HQ but I won't comment on that as I don't think balance is my thing.

What I would suggest however is them being made 360 manpower, like the PGs, and given a 3rd upgrade with G43s unlocked with the Mech truck for example.

You could then remove the MG34 or give to the Volks or something, many people said that the STGs on them are too powerful anyhow, and they won't be able to fire on the move with the LMG.

Just throwing some ideas out there.
18 Nov 2018, 11:58 AM

The only things that the OKW is lacking right now is reliable AT, the raketen is bugged, the Sturms are burdened with like around 5 things to do and the JP comes in late.

Why should USF have a more flexible tech system than OKW who have to decide very early what they will invest in?
18 Nov 2018, 12:13 PM

No they don't have any incentive.
They have actually such a binary/forced teching choice that muni per medi crates have been added to cover this trashy design.

They also lack any viable indirect fire if they go mech in 1vs1 and they have the latest coming at vehicle that isn't tier locked and dependant on twch choice while having shitty at gun and lacking viable proper at infantry.
18 Nov 2018, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 11:58 AMVipper

Why should USF have a more flexible tech system than OKW who have to decide very early what they will invest in?

What does that have to do with the OKW not having reliable AT in my opinion?
18 Nov 2018, 13:23 PM

What does that have to do with the OKW not having reliable AT in my opinion?

If the USF tech changes go ahead OKW will left be stack with rigid tech system that forces them to chose play style early, so they will not only luck a reliable ATG.

(edited to clarify. Thanks to A.soldier)
18 Nov 2018, 13:24 PM

Here are some ideas fro an OKW rework (although a bit older and might be a bit outdated):

This another approach to OKW aiming at retaining to original design of aggressive truck use that has been lost its strength with the change to FRP.

Changes to trucks:
No limit to number of truck
Buy Cost 100/10
Set UP cost 50/5

They set up faster and are less vulnerable during set up. Once set up the about a bit tougher then Ostheer command bunkers.

Once set up the act as reinforcement point and can built the following units:
1 truck set up access to Leig
2 truck set up access to Obers
3 truck set up access to Puma

Aim of changes:
to make aggressive placing of truck a viable option of player while still allowing him easy access to basic tools if he loses 1 truck.

Leig provide indirect fire support, Obers elite infantry, Puma supports the RW.

Trucks can then upgrade:
1) to medic for 50/35 that gives access to 251 variants (AA fuel cost lowered to 40). Once medic truck is unlocked truck HP/armor to 75% of current levels.

Medic truck can be further upgraded with FRP (100/10) increasing HP/armor to 125% of current. Has aura decreasing reinforcement time by 25% does not heal.

Aim of changes:
Make FRP viable but one has to rely on med box for heal. Upgrade add the bonus of a tougher truck.

2)Mechanized 100/55 gives access to Luch and JP.
Mechanized truck can be further upgraded (50/10) with engineers increasing HP/armor to 125% of current.

Aim of changes:
Gives OKW access to 60 range AT weapon that is affordable and mid game specialized solutions.

3) Shwerer truck requiring at least 1 truck upgraded (100/75) giving access to Stuka and PZIV 4. Shwerer truck has no gun.
Shwerer truck can be further upgraded (100/60) that unlocks the Panther and gives the truck the gun. (Gun can use be aimed and has to use a 30 munition ability to engage aircraft).

Aim of changes:
Early access to medium and support vehicles. More tools to better time Panthers.

Once any truck is upgrade medic spawn in base truck.
Aim of changes:
OKW have access to heal while medic boxs remain an option for FRP.

Building a truck unlock Faust and grenades for SP.
Setting up a truck unlock the rest of grenades.
Upgrading all 3 truck gives access to ST44.

KT requires all tech unlock and is limited to 1 per Shwerer truck.

Other option for truck:
Truck in sector can be upgraded to gives access to a timed that increases (or decrease if enemy capture it) sector income at the cost of manpower.

Changes to units:
1)Now starting unit. VG flame-grenade replaced with a sort range explosive grenade. The grenade is a primary defensive weapon with 60 damage that adds suppression (close to 60% of suppress threshold) to target hits. Primary role to stop direct assault from enemy infantries.

Vet 1 ability "aim fire" cost 10 mu increases accuracy (10%) when stationary.

ST44 upgrade locked behind 3 truck, gives access to 5 ST44 on semi auto mod decreasing long range DPS but increasing mid to close DPS.(to M1 levels?)

2) SP 5 men squad armed with MP40. Cost 280 reduced repair speed. Access to flame grenade (pop down to 6-7). Can upgrade with wire Cutters increasing repair speed losing 1 weapon.
Get the ST44 upgrade with 5 ST44 full auto weapon with squad DPS about the current level.(bit lower close?)

3) Obers can now upgrade 1+1 shreck, lmg34. The lmg34 get the suppress ability from vet 0 but does all squad suffers accuracy penalties. (suppression increases with veterancy) (HMG34 becomes doctrinal?)

Ober can upgrade with 4 infrared ST44 about the DPS a SP but get a timed ability that bypass some cover bonuses.

4)JP redesign as 60 range Stug with a cost around 300/100 and cloaked being replaced by TWP. (cloak can actually be moved to stug). Armored is lowered target size becomes even smaller.

5)Stukas fires a single incendiary rocket at time.

Suggested changes are more a direction and numbers might be off.

The direction aim it one where OKW truck become a important part of the faction. In the same time losing trucks become less punishing since the player still has access to basic tools.
18 Nov 2018, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 13:23 PMVipper

If the USF tech changes go ahead they will be stack with rigid tech system that forces them to chose play style early, so they will not only luck a reliable ATG.

I am guessing that autocorrect is fucking up what you're trying to say, which is that in your opinion the USF tech rework will be far superior to that of the OKW.

So if that's true I agree with you however I don't think they'll make a rework for the OKW sadly so at best fixing their unreliable AT problem is the best and simplest thing they could do right now probably.
18 Nov 2018, 14:14 PM

I am guessing that autocorrect is fucking up what you're trying to say, which is that in your opinion the USF tech rework will be far superior to that of the OKW.

So if that's true I agree with you however I don't think they'll make a rework for the OKW sadly so at best fixing their unreliable AT problem is the best and simplest thing they could do right now probably.

(yes that was my point, thanks pointing out I edited original post)

What I am pointing out is that every faction redesign affects the rest of the factions and half balance work goes down the drain. That is simply no productive. If USF get a tech rework it would be far better if all faction get a tech rework. (They should also get rid of the "free" officer system).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★