Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
28 Sep 2013, 15:54 PM

Thing that most hurt me was giving Germans trenches... not only not solved problem wit lack of infantry defenses for soviets and they add more defense stuff for German player - It feels bad, really :(.

Not only that, but the Soviets digged hundreds kilometers of trenches during the war, with great effectiveness I believe.

Really think the trenches should have gone into Soviet hands.

That decission really suprised me.
28 Sep 2013, 16:52 PM

We play mostly 4 vs 4 game or custom games between friends when we are more then 4. It's where our fun is.

We also need to have elo matchmaking with the rating shown. While doing is best to match, if the difference is too great between the teams, the game system should ask both of them for a confirmation before starting the match. An droppers get the loss.

Improving the network connectivity is a must and some kind of infos on the status of the connection of each players should be displayed.

More 3vs3 or 4vs4 tournaments would be great !!!!!

Thank you for the great game.
29 Sep 2013, 00:01 AM

Fuck all this lobby bullshit. I think we could all agree if we had voice chat in game both All & Team we wouldn't need a lobby. [/STFU]

Also about servers. Perhaps by allowing us to host our own servers we could avoid this problem entirely? Why do you think the Counter Strike 1.6 community still exists? Custom servers... I think this one goes without mentioning.
29 Sep 2013, 00:53 AM

Jargh.

I took a month break and come back to this. I was getting decent at 1v1, I think I'm still 100-110 German, have beat Symbiosis and SageoftheSix, etc., but this is all so disappointing. I'm not playing 1v1 until there's a patch for this FHQ crap (I tend to think the assault grens should be ok, but 0 CPs is a little bit stupid). So I've been playing some random 2v2s-4v4s for fun when I have 30 minutes to spare.

And as for that, it's just godawful. Custom lobbies did allow GOOD teams to challenge other good teams in COH1. You had to wait 20 minutes for another team to show up, but at least you got a good game. Back in the day I used to play 4v4s against a small 4v4 "pro" community of 20 players or so. Was a good time. I really did enjoy getting on Vent with my team and screaming at each other (just like Hansy).

Automatch just doesn't work, period. And except for Rzhev winter, the 3v3 and 4v4 maps are just crap. Montargis needs to come back, and stat.

Unfortunately custom lobbies aren't the answer if you're looking for randoms you'd want to play with (or noobs you want to bash), because we don't have in-game win/loss stats anyway. But still it would help, as people who play a lot get to know the other "good" teams and so on...

29 Sep 2013, 02:12 AM

Jargh.

I took a month break and come back to this. I was getting decent at 1v1, I think I'm still 100-110 German, have beat Symbiosis and SageoftheSix, etc., but this is all so disappointing. I'm not playing 1v1 until there's a patch for this FHQ crap (I tend to think the assault grens should be ok, but 0 CPs is a little bit stupid). So I've been playing some random 2v2s-4v4s for fun when I have 30 minutes to spare.

And as for that, it's just godawful. Custom lobbies did allow GOOD teams to challenge other good teams in COH1. You had to wait 20 minutes for another team to show up, but at least you got a good game. Back in the day I used to play 4v4s against a small 4v4 "pro" community of 20 players or so. Was a good time. I really did enjoy getting on Vent with my team and screaming at each other (just like Hansy).

Automatch just doesn't work, period. And except for Rzhev winter, the 3v3 and 4v4 maps are just crap. Montargis needs to come back, and stat.

Unfortunately custom lobbies aren't the answer if you're looking for randoms you'd want to play with (or noobs you want to bash), because we don't have in-game win/loss stats anyway. But still it would help, as people who play a lot get to know the other "good" teams and so on...

this before the move to steam everyone in the 4v4 community new each other, who were hackers, who just sucked, etc. i had a few battles on monty that last 3 hours. now alot of people would hate that. thats the kind of game i want though. i dont think im the only one. some of the user made maps took a half hour before you even met each other. also being able to do custom pop caps, weather(whether it stays sunny or you could have an active enviroment,affecting air strikes of course) time of day, etc would be cool.
29 Sep 2013, 07:32 AM
Patrion 14

At last, some discussion about game modes other than 1 v 1.
29 Sep 2013, 10:13 AM

Permanently Banned
Imo the only discussion pertaining to 2v2+, should be discussing changing income/costs for 2v2+ specifically.

The balance systems of 1v1 and 2v2+ are of a completely different nature and scope, and not intercomparable.

Until costs/income are changed to scale in 2v2+, I dont think any discussion of unit stats is relevant or valid from those game modes perspective.
30 Sep 2013, 15:28 PM

Relic should release 6 new "commanders" per month for $30 and just go ahead and call them expansions... wait they're nearly already doing that. Seriously though 2 new and 3 reused abilities for $5 per commander is a rip off no matter how you look at it and is pretty disappointing because I DO want to spend more money on this game but I want to spend it on a REAL EXPANSION; a whole new faction with their own campaign for that $30 not some half assed abilities that take less than an hour to throw together THAT WE HAVE TO BETATEST IN THE END! Sorry but I lost a lot of respect to you guys at relic for taking the lazy way out.
30 Sep 2013, 15:37 PM

I have to add that I understand gaming is going in the direction of overpriced DLCs as an alternative to a monthly fee but not every game company is required to sell out on their fans just to make a quick profit. CoH 2 being as buggy and unbalanced as it was during release on top of these dlcs was a real slap in the face for me. Ok I'm done venting and I feel better even if nobody reads this.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight