Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
25 Sep 2013, 14:25 PM

@Tivook: So a good player will always beat a bad one, eh? I tend to agree with you, but what about two players of the same skill but one has DLC and the other doesn't? Who's going to win then?

You really think that people here are complaining about having to shell out $12 extra for new content? That's not the point. The point is to have to shell out money for extra content when the original content is still broken as fuck. The point also is that we essentially do not have a choice but to shell out the money because the new commanders just roll over the original ones like they weren't even there (assuming both players are of equal skill level).

What kind of variety are we promoting here if the only valid choices are now the DLC commanders? None, we're just switching from one set of OP shit to another. Yay!

By the way, I'm glad you're having fun with your $200/day salary. I'm also glad that you're having fun with letting it get milked away by big corporate.
25 Sep 2013, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 14:20 PMNullist

What an ironic statement.
"Where did I miss the point?"
"I thought this was about your employment"

Yeah, I wonder where exactly did you miss the point?
And thats just for starters.

Wow, what a tool.

Has nothing to do with "paying for something extra".

Has to do with introducing P2W.

If you can't distinguish the difference there, I strongly suspect you have somekind of cognitive impairment, and probably earn that 200 bucks a day you boast about doing something that requires the intelligence of a mashed potato.

Those welfare checks won't get you as far as you'd like em to huh? I feel you bro. Let that anger out.. It's ok I don't care what you say really, the amount of posts you've made in here makes it pretty clear what a complete real life loser we're dealing with here. Full of anger, anti-social behaviour right away etc.

Go see someone dude.

If P2W is what Relic needs to do to keep their ship floating then I don't care. As I said, a good player will still beat a bad player. I wouldn't call the new doctrines UBER IMBA from what I've seen so far, no.

Please do specify what you consider is a game breaking feature that came with the new commanders.
25 Sep 2013, 14:46 PM

He doesn't care about game balance, Johan. He makes two hunna a day...
25 Sep 2013, 14:49 PM

Thought to register and also express my feelings about this mess.

First of all, I bought this game without the early game access so I paid less than 30e + I have bought one extra commander. So roughly the price is so far 30e. I've played around 75hrs so that would make 40c per hour, so not too bad.

While I feel bad about the buyers of CE, I'm a bit confused about this whole situation. If we look other CEs in general, they usually don't promise any future content (or atleast didn't use to). E.g. Fallout 3 collector's edition was a pipboy with some extra content (music, map, you name it). All of the later content needed to be paid separately. Of course the deal was that it was fucking awesome, the whole package.

The situation was different with e.g. Max Payne 3 where you could by season pass where the developers PROMISED all future content for free. In this case (CoH2) if I remember correctly the content of CE version was already known when the game wasn't even yet released. Don't shoot if I remember wrong, I wasn't following what was going on at the moment.

The only thing where I think Relic could have improved was the timing. They should have attach this to the recently released DLC. Or then wait (maybe have patch or few as been mentioned here) and then release the commanders. IMO they have to draw a line at some point where buyers of CE will not get stuff free anymore. This line was drawn in wrong place.

Anyway, my biggest concern is how it will effect gameplay. I hope that these commanders are as described just alternative strategies other than requirements for winning. Haven't been playing yet today so can't really say. And also as said earlier, if there's more to come (these DLC Commanders with huge variety), is it always same situation? Hopefully these will be considered and as I have done until now, I will just pick one or two now and then if they seem interesting.

That's why I'm hoping more opinions how these affect, are they OP or is it just talk?
25 Sep 2013, 15:01 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 14:45 PMTivook

Those welfare checks won't get you as far as you'd like em to huh? I feel you bro. Let that anger out.. It's ok I don't care what you say really, the amount of posts you've made in here makes it pretty clear what a complete real life loser we're dealing with here. Full of anger, anti-social behaviour right away etc.

Go see someone dude.

I'm in my second year of studies to become a nurse.

And you are?
25 Sep 2013, 15:12 PM
Benefactor 115

looks like now stats page is not enough to validate points made on forums, we also need a copy of our employment contract
25 Sep 2013, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 15:12 PMtuvok
looks like now stats page is not enough to validate points made on forums, we also need a copy of our employment contract

Here ya go:
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197971082447
Hux
25 Sep 2013, 15:26 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 14:15 PMTivook

Nobody is forcing u to buy anything u dumb fuck.

I think you should maybe take a break for 10 minutes. Maybe read this http://www.coh2.org/site/rules

You're starting to get quite insulting towards people. There's no need to get personal with people (especially one's you don't know anything about). Besides, the thread is nothing to do with any of that.

Just chill out man, and let the thread get back OT

OT: I played with both the German commanders today. And they don't seem as OP as I'd feared. Although I must admit the assault grens need a bit of damage reduction IMO (or at least turning into a 4 man squad to reduce DPS) as I beasted 2 combat Engis and forced a con squad to retreat with them... so yeah.
New Stug may need an accuracy nerf against infantry. It seemed to take out a guy at least every other shot, sometime two at a time.

Osttruppen commander seems underwhelming to be honest. didn't get a chance to put up any trenches yet, got steamrolled. the increase in capping power doesn't seem worth it for the lack of combat prowess early game.

Haven't had chance to play against the Sov commanders yet, or as them so can't comment.

They do seem to add a refreshing change to the early game dynamics though. hopefully the Balance Devs can get hold of them and roll out a balance tweak in the next week or so..
25 Sep 2013, 15:28 PM
25 Sep 2013, 15:28 PM

Pay to win, yeah that's great... thanks Relic. Regardless of whether these are "balanced" or not, giving people access to abilities and units that are not available in some form without paying money is "pay to win." Take a page out of Planetside 2's book... you can pay for upgrades or earn them through actually being good at the game. Way to fail.

This game looks less appealing all the time, which is sad.
25 Sep 2013, 15:34 PM

Go see someone dude.

If P2W is what Relic needs to do to keep their ship floating then I don't care. As I said, a good player will still beat a bad player. I wouldn't call the new doctrines UBER IMBA from what I've seen so far, no.

Please do specify what you consider is a game breaking feature that came with the new commanders.

HEY EVERYONE LOOK OVER HERE TIVOOK GOT THE DOSH!

if you want to look at a case of dlc well done look at magika. this is not about balance this is not about pay to win, this is about THE CRAPPY BUSINESS MODEL THEY ARE IMPLEMENTING.
25 Sep 2013, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 14:49 PMFlamee
I hope that these commanders are as described just alternative strategies other than requirements for winning. Haven't been playing yet today so can't really say.

I'm not personally concerned about whether or not they're OP, but actually that they are indeed alternate strategies (which look really cool!), that I won't be able to get. I already paid for the game, and have no way of accessing them. What sort of sense does that make?

I paid for a game, that isn't even the game it's made out to be. All I get are mundane commanders, with units that don't help me play the game as it's meant to be played, or how I want to play it. That's totally a shit thing to do.

At the very least - at the very least, give us in-game currency to unlock this shit. Turn it into a F2P game, which isn't F2P, where you earn super sweet and shiny Nazi-Gold to buy WW2-Points to buy sweet new commanders - whatever. Just don't do it this way.
25 Sep 2013, 15:37 PM

It was relics Intention to make this game as boring as possible and then sell new Units per DLC commanders to make it fun.Standard Version has so low unit Variation and only 2 factions.....

Ist not only P2W its also Pay 4 fun.
25 Sep 2013, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 15:36 PMScerun
I paid for a game, that isn't even the game it's made out to be. All I get are mundane commanders, with units that don't help me play the game as it's meant to be played, or how I want to play it. That's totally a shit thing to do.

At the very least - at the very least, give us in-game currency to unlock this shit. Turn it into a F2P game, which isn't F2P, where you earn super sweet and shiny Nazi-Gold to buy WW2-Points to buy sweet new commanders - whatever. Just don't do it this way.

Could you specify a bit how this is not a game you paid for? It's great CoH which needs just a bit patching.

Not really sure have you been playing games recently. Most games does this nowadays? It's not that rare anymore. Metro Last Light released DLC at the same day that the game was released which contained an OPTION to game. One more difficulty to the game to be specific. That was included in CE, that I would count as rip off.
A_E
25 Sep 2013, 15:45 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I paid top dollar for Collectors Edition to get a 'command pass' that would mean I didn't have to do any of the micro transactions.

What bull shit that now to have new multi player units I have to pay extra. I try so hard to like this game, I really do.
25 Sep 2013, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 15:44 PMFlamee

Could you specify a bit how this is not a game you paid for? It's great CoH which needs just a bit patching.

Not really sure have you been playing games recently. Most games does this nowadays? It's not that rare anymore. Metro Last Light released DLC at the same day that the game was released which contained an OPTION to game. One more difficulty to the game to be specific. That was included in CE, that I would count as rip off.

One of the key features of CoH2 is the Commander system. It's often a point of selling for them - buy CoH2 so you can play the Soviets, or Ostheer exactly your way. Except, what i actually get is, I'm buying CoH2, so I can then buy the selling-point of the game, to play the game as the game was made out to be.

But, I don't see what Metro Last Light did as very agreeable, either, but single-player content works a lot differently. I don't play SP games all that often these days, but I when I did, I was always happy to buy new content for it, so long as it was worth it, of course. So, new campaigns, expansions and the sort. I'll gladly buy expansions for my MP experience, too, if I deem it to be worth it. £1.99 for one commander that should already be available to me is not worth it. It's a tremendous rip-off.

I didn't even pre-order, or buy CE - and this is still, without a single doubt, not cool. And they know that if I want to enjoy the game it was meant to be played, that I will inevitably have to buy these commanders. I won't, because I have alternative games to play, and will just move on once I'm bored of this great game. And that's what, whoever behind this, made the mistake of considering when this was implemented
25 Sep 2013, 18:28 PM

This has actually made me sad... I'll think of it this way however...

Coh2 is a hobby of mine and keeps me out of trouble. People spend $$ on their hobbies as long as they get enjoyment out of it.. I have gotten over 300+ hours from coh2 which frankly, doesn't even seem like I play that much. I still enjoy it and I will eventually get the new commanders and case blue. But that will probably be 25$+ and will be my last purchase for coh2... I won't keep supporting a business model like this.. And as sad as this makes me i will stand by my decision.. What happened to gaming? When did become so dissapointing to the consumer? Indie games still rox though.. Thank god.
25 Sep 2013, 18:34 PM

This has actually made me sad... I'll think of it this way however...

Coh2 is a hobby of mine and keeps me out of trouble. People spend $$ on their hobbies as long as they get enjoyment out of it.. I have gotten over 300+ hours from coh2 which frankly, doesn't even seem like I play that much. I still enjoy it and I will eventually get the new commanders and case blue. But that will probably be 25$+ and will be my last purchase for coh2... I won't keep supporting a business model like this.. And as sad as this makes me i will stand by my decision.. What happened to gaming? When did become so dissapointing to the consumer? Indie games still rox though.. Thank god.

New ToW soviet "Victory at Stalingrad" DLC + another 4 commanders for a total 25$ are already on its way.

Enjoy!
25 Sep 2013, 18:41 PM

Omg Affe stop spamming your FUD all over the forums. Or at least mix it up a little. All of your posts are paranoid speculation and fear mongering, and they're all *exactly* the same. For the love of God, stop the madness.
25 Sep 2013, 18:42 PM

Omg Affe stop spamming your FUD all over the forums. Or at least mix it up a little. All of your posts are paranoid speculation and fear mongering, and they're all *exactly* the same. For the love of God, stop the madness.

Sorry i was just using the "Fear Propaganda" ability.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS