Login

russian armor

120mm Mortars Are too relaint on RNG

10 Nov 2018, 21:32 PM

Okay Guys thanks, Can you tell me please what should i do to counter it?
11 Nov 2018, 01:59 AM

Okay Guys thanks, Can you tell me please what should i do to counter it?

Light vehicles are my goto. Distract the brunt of his infantry with the brunt of yours, then harass it with a 222, flame HT, luchs etc.

Ost Mortar HT works too if you have a Commander with it. The 120 might outrange it but if you can get in range it's the one mortar the 120 can't beat
11 Nov 2018, 11:03 AM

There's a section next to guides on the top ribbon that says replays that has an upload form, but also this link: https://www.coh2.org/replay/upload

You can then link the URL, using this guide: https://www.coh2.org/topic/34356/welcome-to-the-replay-reviews

@jajajajaja

The range is indeed longer, but remember that it also takes a lot longer to setup, shoot, and all that. If you make it displace, you basically bought yourself a long reprieve. It also takes longer to shoot the flare, so it's utility is worse.

Honestly, there are ways to counter it, the big one is to make it a pain in the ass to use on the opponent's side by having to constantly move it. Punish what they're doing to make them stop it.

Thanks but I have phrased my problem in the wrong way. I don't know where I can find my replays, and thus can't upload them.
11 Nov 2018, 13:50 PM

I think the title is right. Its not op but very incosistant. It's high trajectory making shots landing very very late and mortars are always aming at the spot the troops are when they shooting. So moving all the time should be a good counter.

And if i remember correct its barrage ability is actually worse than doing attack ground. So never use this and just ground attack with it.

I dont think it's OP or UP but like every heavy hitting low attack rate artillery (looking at you B4) the damage output have to be normalised so you dont get this "oh my 120mm mortar got 1 kill the whole 30 min game amazing" and next game his first shot whipes out a grenadier squad.
11 Nov 2018, 16:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thanks but I have phrased my problem in the wrong way. I don't know where I can find my replays, and thus can't upload them.

C:User\xxx\Documents\MyGames\company of heroes 2\playback

Last replay is always saved as temp.rec if you don't specifically saved the file with another name.

Alternative just search for temp.rec file or playback folder.
11 Nov 2018, 18:18 PM

C:User\xxx\Documents\MyGames\company of heroes 2\playback

Last replay is always saved as temp.rec if you don't specifically saved the file with another name.

Alternative just search for temp.rec file or playback folder.

Thank you so much, I got it finally. This is amazing!
11 Nov 2018, 20:26 PM

GOD FORBID Soviet have anything good in this game!
The ostheer mortar is definitely not op, but the 120mm ZOMG neeeerf fast!

Did you consider that not only it comes at 2CP where most would rather build guards and save up for tier tech+T70, but also costs 320mp and has near the same stats as the ostheer tier 1 mortar?
12 Nov 2018, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2018, 20:26 PMCresc
GOD FORBID Soviet have anything good in this game!
The ostheer mortar is definitely not op, but the 120mm ZOMG neeeerf fast!

Did you consider that not only it comes at 2CP where most would rather build guards and save up for tier tech+T70, but also costs 320mp and has near the same stats as the ostheer tier 1 mortar?

Isn't it 340mp?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS