Login

russian armor

Why command p4, pathers and OKW officer affect all ally

8 Nov 2018, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2018, 14:32 PMVipper

It is useful but it is not broken as some people described it. In 1vs1 2vs2 modes 2 PzIV are simply better than 1 PzIV and C. PzIV. They trade lower price and better gun for 1 extra hit in normal PzIV.

C. PzIV is problematic mostly because it available with Puma for not tech cost.

What you say might be true for 1v1, but its utter bs for 2s.
CP4 makes a massive difference when you're making a push or defending against one as it massively increases survivability of both armies near it.
The effect may be only 10%, but it snowballs with the number of units.
There is a difference if you are fighting against 1-2 units with 10-25% more effective hp and if you are fighting against 2 whole armies with 10-25% increased EHP and its best EHP increase in the whole game since its non RNG modifier, unlike armor or rec acc(its 25% EHP increase for P4s for example despite the bonus being "only" 10% in value as you need 1 additional shot, its 10% hp increase pretty much only when infantry is fighting rifles who do 8 dmg and penals who deal 10).
8 Nov 2018, 15:30 PM

Infantry as well.

2v2 there's a breaking point on which you have way bigger armies fighting each other and normal PIV generally doesn't cut it compared to meta Brummbar.

And that is why I suggested changing how passive auras work including PzIV. My point is that you pay more than PzIV for a units with a lesser gun that adds 1 hit in more cases. The effects are good (in 1vs1 and 2vs2) but not broken.

If the unit is nerfed any more it will simply become obsolete.
8 Nov 2018, 16:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2018, 15:30 PMVipper

And that is why I suggested changing how passive auras work including PzIV. My point is that you pay more than PzIV for a units with a lesser gun that adds 1 hit in more cases. The effects are good (in 1vs1 and 2vs2) but not broken.

If the unit is nerfed any more it will simply become obsolete.

Which is not something you originally stated.

The unit doesn't deserve nerfs, at least not now in the current powerlevel.
8 Nov 2018, 16:53 PM

Which is not something you originally stated.

The unit doesn't deserve nerfs, at least not now in the current powerlevel.

Maybe I was not clear enough, what I original stated was that is "overrated". People in this thread described as being really strong and that it should be nerfed or that it makes "massive difference", hence the "overrated" comment. I simply disagreed and offer suggestions how to generally improve aura units.

I am glad to see that we actually agree that C. PzIV should not be nerfed anymore.
8 Nov 2018, 17:33 PM

C.Pz4 maybe not overate in 1v1 and 2v2 , but it's overate in 4v4 and 3v3. Because it could affect allies it would be overate as the number of units grows in the field.
To balance this, making command units works like brits do maybe better. Strong aura bouns for the player himself, so it would not go overate in team games and can be more valuable in 1v1 and 2v2.

edit: Maybe I failed to explain my idea at the beginning. I'm not asking for a nerf. I thought the aura effect for everyone is not a good design.
8 Nov 2018, 18:48 PM

Makies, vipper is saying that people think that PzIV command tank is strong and its not. I agree with him, the tanks is underwhelming, good AI and thats that, its more like a beacon you move with any other tank. It is somewhat useful to defend chokepoints and to give tanks a little more survival, against walls of Su85 or Jacksons. But its not even worth it many times
8 Nov 2018, 18:54 PM

C.Pz4 maybe not overate in 1v1 and 2v2 , but it's overate in 4v4 and 3v3. Because it could affect allies it would be overate as the number of units grows in the field.
To balance this, making command units works like brits do maybe better. Strong aura bouns for the player himself, so it would not go overate in team games and can be more valuable in 1v1 and 2v2.

edit: Maybe I failed to explain my idea at the beginning. I'm not asking for a nerf. I thought the aura effect for everyone is not a good design.

I do agree on the powercreep of th command panther which gets ridiculous buffs to vehicles that may get overlooked on low veterancy but get way stronger with vet and at vet5 even affect infantry (extra range, sight reload and accuracy for raketens, hmgs and other infantry), but i wouldn't say that the command p4 gets any stronger in 3v3/4v4 compared to 2v2 as the aura doesn't have a range to expand over half the map it is pretty easy to counter command tank auras with artillery.

I do not really like the ukf approach that lowers the command vehicles stats as a combat unit to improve other units as a balanced aproach as it usually renders the vehicle near useless in combat so only ever is efficient if you can either buff a lot of units or use a really cheap mobile vehicle so either aproach needs either a lot of ressources or quite some micro to pull off (although it usually gets rewarded if you can keep your command aec alive through the game)

I think the perfect kind of command vehicle would be a different unit type like the shortbarrel p4 that isn't amazing at fighting tanks but can still hold its own but i would prefer better buffs with vet like the command p5 although they should be fitting for infantry and tanks alike like the ukf aproach.

As a conclusion there are quite some differing aproaches in units that should do similar things but it is probably nothing we can change so it is probably the best to take it as it comes and to give useful insight if any of these things ever get patched or reworked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★