Login

russian armor

Countering JP4/Ele

17 Oct 2018, 18:34 PM

Permanently Banned
Especially as soviets in teamgames. Just how? If I don't go for t-34/85 and rush it with Mark target I usualyl cannot do much and it will eat away at any armor me or my team has from long range. What are the options to counter it? Usually they are also supported by other armor or AT aswell/Grens with fausts ready to destroy engines so not sure how I'm supposed to deal with them except rush with overwhelming numbers/flank and probably end up losing more than what they are worth

E:Meant Jagdtiger not JP4
17 Oct 2018, 18:42 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

T34s + mark target, or if you can get a snare close you can IL2 bomb
17 Oct 2018, 18:44 PM

Permanently Banned
T34s + mark target, or if you can get a snare close you can IL2 bomb

Problem kinda being that if I lock myself out of a commander with mark target (t-34/85's and mark target make short work of it but yeah) I won't have much to deal with it. IL-2 bomb is also a bit eh, its 200-250 ammo? and will rely on the snare so its not really that easy to pull off. Not to mention I think its in not many good commanders outside of the one with guards and Ml-20
17 Oct 2018, 18:45 PM

Permanently Banned
You're supposed to bait the tank destroyer into giving chase to a damaged tank and then use your other tanks to flank it. Or draw the TD into double at guns. Elephant is obviously gonna need a team effort. If u can't get your teammate to work with u, just ignore the elephant, by shifting your armor to the side the elefant is not guarding. Pick a place with lots of shot/sight blockers.
17 Oct 2018, 18:49 PM

You're supposed to bait the tank destroyer into giving chase to a damaged tank and then use your other tanks to flank it. Or draw the TD into double at guns. Elephant is obviously gonna need a team effort. If u can't get your teammate to work with u, just ignore the elephant, by shifting your armor to the side the elefant is not guarding. Pick a place with lots of shot/sight blockers.

No decent player is going to give chase with a Ele/Jagdtiger so you have to hope you have the artillery to force it to keep moving or enough units to rush it and deal with its bodyguard units.

17 Oct 2018, 18:53 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 18:49 PMGrim

No decent player is going to give chase with a Ele/Jagdtiger so you have to hope you have the artillery to force it to keep moving or enough units to rush it and deal with its bodyguard units.

He asked how to deal with a JP4. Plenty of people give chase with a JP4.
17 Oct 2018, 19:29 PM

Especially as soviets in teamgames. Just how? If I don't go for t-34/85 and rush it with Mark target I usualyl cannot do much and it will eat away at any armor me or my team has from long range. What are the options to counter it? Usually they are also supported by other armor or AT aswell/Grens with fausts ready to destroy engines so not sure how I'm supposed to deal with them except rush with overwhelming numbers/flank and probably end up losing more than what they are worth

If you don't go for T-34/85, then you should rely on SU-85s, and along with your Allies (USF, UKF) you should engage them first before they manage to field more tanks, because they will definitely rush you and destroy you with minimal casualties. A thing i have done with my friends many times is a complete armor dive to destroy their tanks and then withdraw. I personally engaged with a few tanks because i was responsible for the Anti-Infantry part, but it worked. My Soviet friend spammed T-34/85s, i, as USF, had 3 Jacksons and 1 Pershing, and our last USF guy had 8 M10s. We engaged 3 Panthers, 2 Panzer IVs and 1 Jagdtiger, and just steamrolled them. We even engaged OKW's HQs and destroyed them. Your infantry should wipe their ATs and force their infantry back, so that your tanks can push forward. Any damaged tank should retreat for repairs while the rest keep pushing the enemy.
17 Oct 2018, 19:40 PM

Out of curiosity, how often are you chasing damaged tanks with that sluggish elephant?

Literally not a single player worth its salt is going to even attempt any kind of chase with turretless TD that isn't called StuG.

As for the op, mass T34s and suicide rush to the rear armor or creep in with 1-2 ZiS guns with 1-2 PTRS penals with bombing run ready.
17 Oct 2018, 19:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 18:49 PMGrim

Elephant means more than likely Stuka. Rocket artillery doesn't cut it, leaving it to Suxton or Priest.

Veto corridor/narrow maps. Do not play passively while they are holding resources for the Ele/JT. JPIV shouldn't be an issue. Same principle with any other 50/60 TD with no AI.

Guards + button into Penal Satchel/IL2 bombing strike or any of your allies offmap. You don't make half heart assault attempts which more than likely result in a damaged super heavy and you losing tanks. IF you need to give up terrain to get a bigger army or better comp, do so.
17 Oct 2018, 19:55 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Problem kinda being that if I lock myself out of a commander with mark target (t-34/85's and mark target make short work of it but yeah) I won't have much to deal with it. IL-2 bomb is also a bit eh, its 200-250 ammo? and will rely on the snare so its not really that easy to pull off. Not to mention I think its in not many good commanders outside of the one with guards and Ml-20

It's in one with ISU152. It has mark target, guards, IL2 bomb. Commander is probably one of the best if not the best Soviet commanders in 2v2+. Has literally everything.
17 Oct 2018, 20:00 PM

The most obvious counter would be infantry at and at guns. Also snaring those big boys makes em slow as hell so il2 and arti can hurt them along with medium rushes that you could coordinate with your teammate.
18 Oct 2018, 00:06 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 19:40 PMKatitof

Out of curiosity, how often are you chasing damaged tanks with that sluggish elephant?

Literally not a single player worth its salt is going to even attempt any kind of chase with turretless TD that isn't called StuG.

As for the op, mass T34s and suicide rush to the rear armor or creep in with 1-2 ZiS guns with 1-2 PTRS penals with bombing run ready.

He was asking about how to deal with Ele AND Jp4. Plenty of people give chase with a Jp4.
18 Oct 2018, 00:30 AM

If you don't go for T-34/85, then you should rely on SU-85s, and along with your Allies (USF, UKF) you should engage them first before they manage to field more tanks, because they will definitely rush you and destroy you with minimal casualties. A thing i have done with my friends many times is a complete armor dive to destroy their tanks and then withdraw. I personally engaged with a few tanks because i was responsible for the Anti-Infantry part, but it worked. My Soviet friend spammed T-34/85s, i, as USF, had 3 Jacksons and 1 Pershing, and our last USF guy had 8 M10s. We engaged 3 Panthers, 2 Panzer IVs and 1 Jagdtiger, and just steamrolled them. We even engaged OKW's HQs and destroyed them. Your infantry should wipe their ATs and force their infantry back, so that your tanks can push forward. Any damaged tank should retreat for repairs while the rest keep pushing the enemy.

Is everyone going to ignore the fact that the guy had 8 M10s? XD

True way to counter Axis AT, throw more tanks at it!
18 Oct 2018, 07:31 AM
18 Oct 2018, 07:50 AM

2 tanks from front and your big army from 1 or 2 side as flank. works everytime.
18 Oct 2018, 13:28 PM

Is everyone going to ignore the fact that the guy had 8 M10s? XD

True way to counter Axis AT, throw more tanks at it!

When you're USF, you don't have popcap. The popcap has USF :P

Welcome to Scuderia Ferrari's pit stop, what can we do for you? xD

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Red Ball Express grand prix. In today's race, the pole position belongs to U.S. Army Ordnance Department's M10 Tank Destroyer with the astonishing time of 1 minute and 15 seconds :clap::clap:

18 Oct 2018, 18:17 PM

SU-85s will annihilate JP4s, SU-85s can self spot using their ability, JP4s cannot, so SU-85s played correctly should win every time. Against elefants, Snare + IL2 bombs is great or satchel spam. I would use artillery though, Like someone said, priests and sextons work very well but for soviets the ML-20 isn't bad.

This isn't because it 'destroys' the elefant/jagdtiger as such but it FORCES it to move. Superheavy TDs are most vulnerable when moving, allowing them to be flanked or dived, even if this isn't possible, a moving superheavy TD is not going to be shooting back at you, so congrats you've made the unit irrelevant. Which in my books is as good as a kill.

Failing ML-20s, spot it with a sniper or vet 3 T-70 and squash it with a B4.
18 Oct 2018, 19:02 PM

o be shooting back at you, so congrats you've made the unit irrelevant. Which in my books is as good as a kill.

Or hope a flying pig hits the overhead power supply to your opponent's house, causing him to drop out the game. The odds are about the same.
18 Oct 2018, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

18 Oct 2018, 19:29 PM

for elefant equal cost of t 34 76 kills it easy or if u want just spam ptrs penal
for the jp4 u just use the su 85 as it's better than the jp4 in almost every way but armor and is 0.6 second slower to reload (generally su 85 is heavy TD while jp4 is a medium TD)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 2
Germany 692
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %