Login

russian armor

How to avoid Bugsplat?

21 Feb 2020, 17:52 PM

Is there some weird cache the background flags cause? I deleted those files, I didn't have any lag in the lobby after I did that for about a day or so, now the game is incredibly laggy in the lobby once again, and the flags are not there either.
16 Mar 2020, 08:06 AM

funny how this game will always stay a broken mess
17 Nov 2020, 04:53 AM

Hello, was wanting to see if there has been any new tips on bug splats. Just did a fresh install of Windows 10 and currently experiencing a bug splat if I have google chrome open in the back ground. Looking back through the previous tips it was to restart after every game but this is happening on every match even the first. Below are my system specs:

Steam Files validation checked out and am currently doing a new install of company of heroes 2.

Motherboard: Asrock X570 Taichi Bios 3.60
Processor: Ryzen 3900X
Graphics: Red Devil 5700XT 8 GB
Ram: 32 GB G Skill DDR 4 3600
17 Nov 2020, 10:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2018, 19:19 PMRosbone

snip

[Oh wait this was mighty old, sorry for that just saw it]

I recently got way more bugsplats and noticed that at least one of my RAM modules is not doing so well anymore.
Before that I never had any trouble with bugsplats (it was an absolute rarity even when I ran on 8 GB RAM, maybe once every couple of weeks). As you said it probably has something to do with CoH not "finding" the correct chunks of data anymore and probably being unable to reload them properly from the hard drive.
17 Nov 2020, 15:38 PM

[Oh wait this was mighty old, sorry for that just saw it]

I recently got way more bugsplats and noticed that at least one of my RAM modules is not doing so well anymore.
Before that I never had any trouble with bugsplats (it was an absolute rarity even when I ran on 8 GB RAM, maybe once every couple of weeks). As you said it probably has something to do with CoH not "finding" the correct chunks of data anymore and probably being unable to reload them properly from the hard drive.

Ran mem 86 and the ram tested out fine. I would think 32 GB of ram is more than enough ram for the game. If ram is truly the issue I wonder if the 64 bit version would fix this as it would make more of the ram addressable?
Pip
17 Nov 2020, 16:54 PM

My understanding is that Bugsplats are caused by some sort of memory leak issue. I'd imagine, in this case, that allowing more memory to be addressed would just delay Splats, rather than preventing them.

Maybe more has been done with the 64 bit update "under the hood", however.
27 Nov 2020, 22:44 PM

Heard back from Sega and they recommended what is below. So far their fix has worked.

Please uninstall all the custom maps and mods from your harddrive.

Go to modding hub in the MANAGE tab.
All your mods should be listed even the unsubscribed ones.
Once a mod is unsubscribed a delete button will become available.
Click delete on each mod you'd like to get rid of.

You can also delete unsubscribed mod files (.SGA files) from your HD here:

C:\Users[username]\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\

Please make sure that you have unsubscribed for all of your custom maps first or the game will redownload all subscribed mods.

To prevent the game from downloading custom maps again, see the Options menu there is an option under Graphics called Custom Aesthetics. Setting to OFF will prevent the game from downloading any skin/decal, or faceplate mods in future. It will still DL maps and other necessary content.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★