Login

russian armor

About KV-2 in Patch

2 Oct 2018, 19:12 PM

PLS feel free debate anything relevant to changes to KV-2 in patch here. I will start by responding to post in the feedback thread.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 18:40 PMKirrik

And thats exactly point of my post - providing a you feedback on your suggestions.

Once more the feedback thread is about providing feedback on the patch not my suggestions.

It's nice to have a reality check once in a while, especially once you start claiming hilarous things like KV-2 having a faster attack speed than ISU when it was nerfed to 9 seconds this patch as well as comparing KV-2 ammo deflection to ISU's HE instead of AP

Its actually time for you to have a reality check. Read the patch notes understand them then respond.
"-152mm non-sieged reload from 10/12 to 9."
Lower relaod is buff not a nerf.

"AOE profile now matches the ISU-152's HE cannon"
Kv-2 is modeled after HE not AP

The only reasonable thing in your post was point about wide AoE radius and high deflection, that would create problems which is why nerfing KV-2 pen last patch and giving it even higher def damage was a mistake.

2 Oct 2018, 19:24 PM

Can you stop spamming threads and embarrasing yourself already?
I was referring to siege mode reload obviously since you brought up ISU range and KV-2 has that range only in siege mode.
Second - you started whining about KV-2 performance against tanks, then started comparing it's gun to ISU HE' which is indeed laughable, I wont bother responding in this thread pass this post
2 Oct 2018, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 19:24 PMKirrik
Can you stop spamming threads and embarrasing yourself already?

Can you stop being aggressive?

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 19:24 PMKirrik

I was referring to siege mode reload obviously since you brought up ISU range and KV-2 has that range only in siege mode.
Second - you started whining about KV-2 performance against tanks, then started comparing it's gun to ISU HE' which is indeed laughable, I wont bother responding in this thread pass this post

The reload on the siege mode is not 9 secs it is however 9 in tank mode, if you can not write the proper values do not blame others for not understanding.

In the patch the reload for the KV-2 is 6.75 7.5-9 while the ISU has 9-11 thus KV-2 fire faster, with better accuracy (at longer range by vet 2), and dual purpose munition able to go thru shot blockers.

ISU-152 got single propose munition exactly because it was too effective vs both vehicles and infantry as KV-2 currently is in the patch.
2 Oct 2018, 20:20 PM

Okay, this one will be last:
KV-2 reload in siege mode was nerfed from 6 to 9 last revamp patch, ISU-152 separate AP ammo has 260 pen on top of 70 range while KV-2 ammo has 170 pen 40 range and it's not supposed to deal any deflection in siege mode
Read https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245307/commander-revamp-preview-changelog before wasting other peoples time
2 Oct 2018, 20:32 PM

I see no reason to create separate thread every singular time vipper focuses on new aspect of the patch on top of posting in the patch thread(seriously, either put your feedback there OR spam blog threads, not both).

And on the KV-2 - No, its deflection is not too high, its penetration might be low, but it -IS- meant to be able to fight armor as well, just not as well as AP ISU or IS-2, something between them, which low reload, low penetration and high deflection damage does - its literally larger sherman dozer/brummbar.

Now, another thing that was NOT mentioned and actually happened to KV-2 which makes it into perfectly viable unit is the fact that in tank mode it actually does shoot like a tank, currently on live it shoots like dozer, which means despite its obviously intended AV capability, it can't do it due to not being able to hit anything moving ever. That is not the case on preview as there it actually shoots like IS-2.

Its no longer meant to be RNG immobile ISU that shoots over los blockers, but a middle point between ISU and IS-2, which with current changes I believe it finally does fulfill that role, being worse then IS-2 in tank combat, being worse then ISU on long range, but being flexible by doing both.
2 Oct 2018, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 20:20 PMKirrik
Okay, this one will be last:
KV-2 reload in siege mode was nerfed from 6 to 9 last revamp patch, ISU-152 separate AP ammo has 260 pen on top of 70 range while KV-2 ammo has 170 pen 40 range and it's not supposed to deal any deflection in siege mode
Read https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245307/commander-revamp-preview-changelog before wasting other peoples time

I suggest you read them more carefully and you understand them before posting. There is no point in the patch notes where it says that reload has been nerfed from 6 to 9. What notes say is:

-Siege mode reload bonus from 0.5 to 0.75.

-152mm non-sieged reload from 10/12 to 9.
which means that the relaod in siege mode went from 0.5*11(average)=5.5 to 911*0.75=6.757.59

ISU-152 is
Penetration near 260
Penetration mid 230
Penetration far 200
and can reliably penetrate all axis vehicles up to a Panther thus benefits little from deflection damage, while it has an AOE 1.5.

On the other hand KV-2 has 170/150/140 penetration and thus benefits allot more from deflection damage while its AOE of 6 almost guarantees damage vs vehicles via AOE damage.

KV-2 does deal 120 deflection damage in siege mode regardless if you suppose that it should not.
2 Oct 2018, 21:06 PM

What do you think that means Vipper?

KV-2 is not supposed to deal any deflection damage in siege mode, I never tested it but if it does its a bug
Go and report that in revamp patch bugs thread (assuming it does indeed do deflection in siege, because chances are you bullsh!tting people again)
2 Oct 2018, 21:14 PM

I see no reason to create separate thread every singular time vipper focuses on new aspect of the patch on top of posting in the patch thread(seriously, either put your feedback there OR spam blog threads, not both).

When and if you become a moderator in this site feel free to give advice on when to open a new thread, until then your opinion is irrelevant.

If you actually check the forum you will see that others have also opened separate threads on patch subject like the one on "storm troopers".

I for one do not intent to take up Andy's time by forcing him to read that inaccuracies brought up by some who seems to have trouble reading the patch notes, I am pretty sure he has better things to do.

And on the KV-2 - No, its deflection is not too high, its penetration might be low, but it -IS- meant to be able to fight armor as well, just not as well as AP ISU or IS-2, something between them, which low reload, low penetration and high deflection damage does - its literally larger sherman dozer/brummbar.

The reason that ISU got switchable rounds was exactly that it could fight both armor and infantry effectively with little micro which now is the case with KV-2.

The unit has actually very little to do with Brumbar and Dozer.

Now, another thing that was NOT mentioned and actually happened to KV-2 which makes it into perfectly viable unit is the fact that in tank mode it actually does shoot like a tank, currently on live it shoots like dozer, which means despite its obviously intended AV capability, it can't do it due to not being able to hit anything moving ever. That is not the case on preview as there it actually shoots like IS-2.

Its no longer meant to be RNG immobile ISU that shoots over los blockers, but a middle point between ISU and IS-2, which with current changes I believe it finally does fulfill that role, being worse then IS-2 in tank combat, being worse then ISU on long range, but being flexible by doing both.
2 Oct 2018, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 21:06 PMKirrik
What do you think that means Vipper?

I though it was you last post in this thread, yet here you are again.

Let me explain the bonus once more (I allready have explained in post 6).

When KV-2 enter siege mode it get a bonus that allows it fire faster by lowering the reload.

That bonus used to 0.5 and since the unit had a reload of 11-12 in siege mode it would fire every 5.5-6 second.

In the patch that bonus is 0.75 and since the units reload is now 9 10-12 second in siege mode is should fire every 6.75 7.5-9 seconds.

Do you need me to explain anything else to you? If so pls ask in polite manner.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 21:06 PMKirrik

KV-2 is not supposed to deal any deflection damage in siege mode, I never tested it but if it does its a bug
Go and report that revamp patch bugs thread (assuming it does indeed do deflection in siege, because chances are you bullsh!tting people again)

You can report yourself if you think it is a bug, I do not think it is.

The patch notes clearly say:
-152mm now deals 33% deflection damage. (later changed to 50%)
when referring in changes that effect only tank mode
-152mm non-sieged reload from 10/12 to 9
indicating that deflection damage applies to both mods.

Now would you be so kind as to stop being so aggressive?

2 Oct 2018, 21:33 PM

Vipper, sieged weapon reload speed was never changed originally, only buff modifier was touched this patch it went from 0.5 to 0.75 meaning it now fires slower
In fact you literally just quoted part about reload speed decreased only for non-sieged weapon
2 Oct 2018, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 21:33 PMKirrik
Vipper, sieged weapon reload speed was never changed originally, only buff modifier was touched this patch it went from 0.5 to 0.75 meaning it now fires slower

Let it my try to explain this once more.

Actually the reload of KV-2 in siege mode and Tank mode is the same (at least in live). When the vehicle goes to siege mode, it gets an ability that lower the reload.

If modifier remained 0.5 and the reload in mod changed to 9 then the unit would fire with a reload of 4.5 in siege mod, the changed the modifier to 0.75 to improve the performance of tank mod with little change in the performance in siege mod.
2 Oct 2018, 21:45 PM

Except sieged reload was never buffed.
Reload buff applied to non-sieged weapon specifically.
It was 10-12 for both modes, then non-sieged was buffed to 9
Sieged remained the same, then buff modifier went from 0.5 to 0.75
2 Oct 2018, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 21:45 PMKirrik
Except sieged reload was never buffed.
Reload buff applied to non-sieged weapon specifically.
It was 10-12 for both modes, then non-sieged was buffed to 9
Sieged remained the same, then buff modifier went from 0.5 to 0.75

Yes because the intent purpose of the change was to buff the tank MOD and Siege MOD was buffed accidentally, since as I have explained both modes use the same reload. The only difference between the to modes are the ranges (at least in live).

Then they simply changed the modifier to compensate and bring the reload close to its original value.

Can you pls accept that you have made a mistake and simply move on?
2 Oct 2018, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 21:50 PMVipper

Yes because the intent purpose of the change was to buff the tank MOD and Siege MOD was buffed accidentally, since as I have explained both modes use the same reload. The only difference between the to modes are the ranges (at least in live).

Then they simply changed the modifier to compensate and bring the reload close to its original value.

Can you pls accept that you have made a mistake and simply move on?

If they made a mistake with reload of siege mode it should've been mentioned in bugfixes. The only way to find whos right would be to ask miragefla now
2 Oct 2018, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 22:04 PMKirrik

If they made a mistake with reload of siege mode it should've been mentioned in bugfixes. The only way to find whos right would be to ask miragefla now

I have no idea what they have done, and is rather difficult to check.

According to what they write in the patch notes (and how KV-2 works in live where the bonus of 0.5 applies to reload time of the tank mode/siege mode which is 11-12 for both) the bonus 0.75 should apply to value of 9 that is in the mod.

Even with reload of 9 the KV-2 fires faster than ISU-152 with reload of 9-11.

Now can you please move on.
2 Oct 2018, 22:27 PM

You're the one who who spamming this threads Vipper, not me I'd say you have to take your own advice here.
I'll ask miragefla whether KV-2 was overbuffed (siege mode) or not originally if I see him streaming revamp patch
2 Oct 2018, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 22:27 PMKirrik
You're the one who who spamming this threads Vipper, not me I'd say you have to take your own advice here.
I'll ask miragefla whether KV-2 was overbuffed or not originally if I see him streaming revamp patch

Do as you please.

If the Reload time for both Siege and tank MOD is the same at 9 sec and patch notes are actually a mess and the bonus in reload time for siege mod simply not there.

The fact remains that KV-2 can fire faster than ISU-152 with a reload of 9-11.
2 Oct 2018, 22:47 PM
Developer Relic Badge

KV-2 Reload

Tank Mode: 9 (Currently in the Revamp)
Siege Mode: 10/12 (Same numbers as live)
2 Oct 2018, 23:00 PM

So Vipper was bullsh!tting after all... yeah just as expected.
2 Oct 2018, 23:04 PM

KV-2 Reload

Tank Mode: 9 (Currently in the Revamp)
Siege Mode: 10/12 (Same numbers as live)

So actually the reload times are 9 for Tank mode and 7.5 to 9 for Siege mod.

Thus the KV-2 fire faster than ISU-152 that has a reload of 9-11 as I originally posted.

Does the 120 deflection damage apply to siege mode also?

Where there any other changes on weapons behavior in tank and/or siege modes like new trajectories, projectiles speeds, ballistic to explosion or other as claimed in Post 5 (other than -152mm non-sieged bypasses terrain.)?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★