Login

russian armor

pathfinders did they useful?

2 Oct 2018, 10:42 AM

everything written there for 1x1 only
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This unit just blows my mind already a year

They had 2 scopes for crits at long range but their other weapon is carbine for close range?

Their sight is very strong but rarely changes the way match goes

They always need a dps squad to realize their crits,but the way german army works is build a wall that you should avoid and there is pathfinders whose idea (looks like) is to help fight the wall,but what about rifleman,can he fight the wall?No.You just losing more mp trying to play like germans under pathfinder support. Isn't better to bring another rifleman to flank a wall better?

They are very fragile,even volks can damage them to retreat from 3-5 volleys and when they find something heavier it's becomes nightmare

Their best time is when they comes,at 1 point but here you need to save mp for tier,meds,bars,nades.The later you pick them the lesser impact they do

Bars falling from them like christmas presents for veted grens

Camo sometimes useful with their sight but that's another little good for big price

There is more things wrong about them,but i can't remember everything at once:S

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry if my english is broken lol
2 Oct 2018, 10:45 AM

I agree with you.

If I am stuck with having to use this commander (Pershing is always a better choice), then I just buy one PFinder, and then I put them in camo+not shooting somewhere close to an important point on the map, not too close to main pathfinding routes. That's all I believe they're good for; Reconnaissance. They used to work perfectly hand in hand with Jackson in older versions of the game. But it is mostly the commander that kinda sucks.
2 Oct 2018, 10:45 AM

Its a force multiplier, not stand alone unit.

Its literally a sniper squad.

You wouldn't use sniper alone without mainline infantry in front of them, you shouldn't use pathfinders alone.
2 Oct 2018, 10:51 AM

Its a force multiplier, not stand alone unit.

Its literally a sniper squad.

You wouldn't use sniper alone without mainline infantry in front of them, you shouldn't use pathfinders alone.

yeah mentioned that and mentioned why this kind of support not working with usf army
2 Oct 2018, 10:51 AM

Use them in pair and give them 2 bars each. Good luck, one of my finest USF infantry
2 Oct 2018, 11:53 AM

I like Pathfinders, you've just got to remember they're not Rifleman. You never want them to be shot at out of green cover. They work best sitting in cover at the back of an engagement sniping stuff.
2 Oct 2018, 15:31 PM

Pathfinders should be a 0cp call in.
2 Oct 2018, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 10:42 AMFK9DD
They had 2 scopes for crits at long range but their other weapon is carbine for close range?

[…]

Just sprouting ideas here, but would a (cheap) M1 Garand upgrade work as an alternative to BARs so you don't risk dropping a BAR every time the first two models are killed? Would the Garands (possibly some elite variant) have enough DPS to make the sniper crits work decently?
2 Oct 2018, 17:14 PM

The carbines they have are actually much better than the M1 garand that riflemen carry IIRC. They are more accurate at all ranges and do normal rifle damage, whereas relic decided that the full sized M1 garand firing .30-06 should do less damage than most rifles (including the M1 carbine that fires pistol rounds lol) for whatever balancing reason I guess. They aren’t supposed to be fighting on their own and aren’t supposed to be sniping on their own but work great in conjunction with riflemen or 1919 paras.

The one thing I find annoying is that they come at 1cp. I wish they came at 0cp without the snipers and could upgrade them for free at 1cp so they could properly replace a rifle squad, making using airborne/recon support a lot more natural and less manpower draining and overly infantry heavy without sacrificing early game presence. They are expensive to reinforce and somewhat fragile so they can’t be spammed and don’t have nades or snares or anything so I don’t see how it’d be op provided they don’t have the scoped garands at 0cp. They also drop BARs a lot but that’s just one more reason to not use them like some kind of front line unit and keep them sniping in the back.
2 Oct 2018, 18:03 PM

They are a great support unit. If you put them behind Riflemen during fights, they do a great job. You can also use them to crew AT guns and MGs, as they have the same spotting range with the weapons they crew, so they have a bigger line of sight than standard crews
2 Oct 2018, 18:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The worst thing about them, is that they are in the USf army. They have the potential to be devastating through BAR use but on the other hand, they kinda lack the room to be used.

RET are no longer dirt cheap so you can't just stall with a couple of them with as few rifles as possible so you can later use Paths + Paras. Due to the nature of teching, you end up with way too many infantry squads for your own good.
2 Oct 2018, 18:59 PM

The worst thing about them, is that they are in the USf army. They have the potential to be devastating through BAR use but on the other hand, they kinda lack the room to be used.

Basically the same problem that the Jaeger Light Infantry (and to some extend Panzerfusiliers) has in OKW. By the time they arrive there's already a stack of mainline infantry with elite infantry on the way, and there is no room for a 'mainline+' squad.

So would moving them to 0CP work? I already suggested this for Panzerfusiliers a few times.
2 Oct 2018, 19:06 PM

They're not really mainline+ in the sense that they need tougher squads around to do their thing.

CP0 but starting on cooldown is probably good for Pathfinders. CP1 is too late in practice for USF.
2 Oct 2018, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 19:06 PMLago
They're not really mainline+ in the sense that they need tougher squads around to do their thing.

CP0 but starting on cooldown is probably good for Pathfinders. CP1 is too late in practice for USF.

Glad someone thinks the same way. I think them having the scoped rifles at 0cp might be a bit much and apparently their carbine’s dps is still quite good, which is why I suggested locking them behind a free upgrade that requires 1cp.
2 Oct 2018, 22:39 PM

1CP would be good for any other faction, but USF pretty much has to deploy their whole mainline force up front. If I go Airborne I find myself getting the ambulance early again so I'm not floating manpower, which delays teching further.

A good solution would be to tie Pathfinders to tech so they have a build time. If that build time's a fair bit longer than Riflemen then deploying them off the bat will hurt your field presence.
2 Oct 2018, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 10:42 AMFK9DD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This unit just blows my mind already a year

Their sight is very strong but rarely changes the way match goes

They always need a dps squad to realize their crits,but the way german army works is build a wall that you should avoid and there is pathfinders whose idea (looks like) is to help fight the wall,but what about rifleman,can he fight the wall?No.You just losing more mp trying to play like germans under pathfinder support. Isn't better to bring another rifleman to flank a wall better?

They are very fragile,even volks can damage them to retreat from 3-5 volleys and when they find something heavier it's becomes nightmare

Their best time is when they comes,at 1 point but here you need to save mp for tier,meds,bars,nades.The later you pick them the lesser impact they do

Camo sometimes useful with their sight but that's another little good for big price

There is more things wrong about them,but i can't remember everything at once:S

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry if my english is broken lol

Pathfinders + 2x bar = terminators... just use them behind the lines
2 Oct 2018, 22:55 PM

IR Pathies are cheaper and just as good, if not better due to their orbital arty, than Airbone Pathies.
2 Oct 2018, 22:58 PM

IRs are almost flat out better. They're cheaper, have the flares and two Scoped Rifles instead of one.
2 Oct 2018, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 22:58 PMLago
IRs are almost flat out better. They're cheaper, have the flares and two Scoped Rifles instead of one.

Airborne pathfinders get 2 rifles while ir pathfinders get 1...
2 Oct 2018, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 22:58 PMLago

Airborne pathfinders get 2 rifles while ir pathfinders get 1...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS