Login

russian armor

Axis artillery/Lefh overperforming

PAGES (7)down
8 Oct 2018, 06:54 AM

Good way to risk your 140 Fuel investment to any ATG present in the area, I'd rather use the Priest, whose vet1 is one of my favorite things of USF.

you must be brain afk or dumb when u lose your cali while it shoots the barrage. I dont count a tank rush. its the only possible way to lose it.
but if u give the command to drive to first front line and let it eat about 700dmg..than u must train ur micro.
8 Oct 2018, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2018, 05:17 AMCresc
LMAO the delusion is once again strong here with the axis fanboys.

Just a small reminder the LEFH is not only very precise and shoots various salvos, it can also shoot IN your base, while the ML20 although inaccuraten CANNOT SHOOT in the enemy's base...

but the ML20 and B4 are op so they needed a nerf.

It has been like this since the day this game came out, axis artillery could always shoot directly into the base, sometimes wiping out all the untis that just retreated, but allies...allied artillery could not.

But the game is totally not unbalanced towards axis dominance...

Your are plainly and simply wrong. Load the cheat mod and test the units.
8 Oct 2018, 12:58 PM

Dude, one barrage from a calilope is accurate as werfer. Min range werfer is lethal, hence min range calilope is also lethal but there are far more rockets. Whatever at gun that was there will be wiped guaranteed. Even if the at gun was able to get off a shot, your calilope can eat FOUR shots unlike a werfer.

It dies in 3 shots since the latest nerf it got, which brought it down to 480 HP as well as many other things, I guess you still think it's as strong as it was on release where it fixed a huge gap in USF's Arsenal and was worth having the Commander just in case you needed rocket artillery.
8 Oct 2018, 13:02 PM

It dies in 3 shots since the latest nerf it got, which brought it down to 480 HP as well as many other things, I guess you still think it's as strong as it was on release where it fixed a huge gap in USF's Arsenal and was worth having the Commander just in case you needed rocket artillery.

even 3 shots: what do u do when u see your cali gets fire from AT? u let it shoot its own barrage till end?
8 Oct 2018, 13:05 PM

even 3 shots: what do u do when u see your cali gets fire from AT? u let it shoot its own barrage till end?

I just don't use it anymore, Priest is much better and in a much better Commander, killing a few blobs got the Calliope overnerfed.
8 Oct 2018, 13:05 PM

Axis artillery is pretty damn simple to counter it just takes a conscious effort and a few munitions sometimes a bit a teamwork but it's not required. Build muni caches for once rather than spamming fuel caches for the 900 fuel you can't use.

Some of the suggestions like limiting to 1 arty piece might be good for gameplay but has a lot of other issues for gameplay, like the inevitable UKF Sim city coming back with a vengeance and Blobbing galore from all both sides which wouldn't.

Also what is this complaining that the Calliope doesn't have enough health? Axis rocket arty dies in 1 hit and your complaining about it being able to take 3? The Calliope is less lethal than the panzerwerfer imo, the panzerwerfer has awesome scatter. But yeah, tac support and infantry company are virtually identical and priests are much better, so you should basically go priests every time.
8 Oct 2018, 19:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge

If you really struggle against howitzers you have picked doctrines too fast lacking a reconnaissance tool (alternatively: no USF equals no major reconnaissance; I see USF is not an option if your whole team is Soviets though) and a precision artillery strike. Furthermore you are not relocating your units fast enough to turn the howitzer into an inappropriate investment.

Especially if we talk about 3v3/4v4 there should be enough players to reserve someone for picking howitzer counter tools (for example: Soviet Combined Arms Army).
8 Oct 2018, 22:52 PM

I don't have any particular problem with howitzers, but why are they allowed to shoot in base?

Is this really good?
9 Oct 2018, 00:10 AM

If they're shooting that deep, They've been allowed to build them that close to your base. Other than in 1v1s where the range covers the map, but in a 1v1, you just flank it as they can't lock down the entire map.
9 Oct 2018, 05:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2018, 22:52 PMCresc
I don't have any particular problem with howitzers, but why are they allowed to shoot in base?

Is this really good?

on a 4v4 map? therey must stay very near to the mid! so...you was overrun in this game and will lost it anyway.
9 Oct 2018, 07:20 AM

on a 4v4 map? therey must stay very near to the mid! so...you was overrun in this game and will lost it anyway.

Depends on map.
9 Oct 2018, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2018, 05:17 AMCresc
LMAO the delusion is once again strong here with the axis fanboys.

Just a small reminder the LEFH is not only very precise and shoots various salvos, it can also shoot IN your base, while the ML20 although inaccuraten CANNOT SHOOT in the enemy's base...

The ML-20 has the same range and accuracy/scatter stats as the LeFH and it too can shoot into Axis base sectors.
9 Oct 2018, 09:42 AM

Permanently Banned
If they're shooting that deep, They've been allowed to build them that close to your base. Other than in 1v1s where the range covers the map, but in a 1v1, you just flank it as they can't lock down the entire map.

You can actually fire pretty easily to bases in quite a few 3v3 maps like Rzhev
9 Oct 2018, 10:00 AM

I think the real issue is how USK/UKF factions deal with the Lefh due to their lack of non-doctrinal rocket artillery.

This also affects their ability to hard counter blobs.
9 Oct 2018, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2018, 10:00 AMGrim
I think the real issue is how USK/UKF factions deal with the Lefh due to their lack of non-doctrinal rocket artillery.

maybe u need a commander to deal with special commanders, like every faction too?

every faction has commanders which will overrun the enemy...when he hasnt the right answer- commander for this.
9 Oct 2018, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2018, 10:00 AMGrim

Rocket artillery is not designed to be a counter to howitzer. That is part of the reason the have much sorter range.
9 Oct 2018, 14:51 PM

maybe u need a commander to deal with special commanders, like every faction too?

every faction has commanders which will overrun the enemy...when he hasnt the right answer- commander for this.

Can you rephrase this?

@Vipper
rocket artillery is a soft counter to howitzers and hard counter to blobs/support weapons. Which is why the non-soviet forces struggle heavily in certain areas.
9 Oct 2018, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2018, 14:51 PMGrim

Can you rephrase this?

@Vipper
rocket artillery is a soft counter to howitzers and hard counter to blobs/support weapons. Which is why the non-soviet forces struggle heavily in certain areas.

It is not unfair that doctrinal units require doctrinal counters. If you encounter a doctrinal fixed howitzer and don't have an offmap to delete it, you got outplayed, you have to deal with the consequences of making the wrong commander choice. While we are on that subject okw has it tough because they lack good offmaps to deal with howitzers.

And I don't think any rocket artillery is supposed to counter howitzers, the only one that can pull it off is the Stuka, even then that's using a 100 full unit to only decrew not destroy a 50 fuel howitzer.

9 Oct 2018, 19:09 PM

It is not unfair that doctrinal units require doctrinal counters.

this type of dumb logic is why emplacement cancer still exists

How is it fair that a bofors with nano FHQ repair can survive against double mortar? Doctrinal cheese like this needs to be wiped from the game.
10 Oct 2018, 07:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2018, 14:51 PMGrim

@Vipper

Rocket artillery do counter blobs and support weapons.

The only rocket artillery I would use against howitzers would be calliope unless my opponent built his arty in middle of map. The rest would simply die with one shot even if the achieve to fire against the enemy howitzer.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS