Login

russian armor

Relic is Streaming, also multiplayer partisans

3 of 4 Relic postsRelic 19 Sep 2013, 22:52 PM

Utmost: Monday. It's been kind of a mess trying to figure out when we're doing it. We wanted Monday, there was some internal push to have it on Tuesday but it's back to Monday.

19 Sep 2013, 22:57 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2013, 22:52 PMNoun
Utmost: Monday. It's been kind of a mess trying to figure out when we're doing it. We wanted Monday, there was some internal push to have it on Tuesday but it's back to Monday.

thank you :)
19 Sep 2013, 23:06 PM

That Soviet Shock commander will be overkill I fear...
19 Sep 2013, 23:10 PM

That Soviet Shock commander will be overkill I fear...

my thoughts exactly
19 Sep 2013, 23:11 PM

One thing really missing from the game is call-in Elite infantry for the Germans, so making a doctrine called "German Infantry Doctrine" with no such infantry is like we're getting trolled. I don't see the point of releasing "new" commanders that are simply re-arrangements of the old ones.

You get the Artillery Field Officer. Is it as good as guards/shocks by itself no, it could certainly be better. Although some new content for commanders would be nice.
19 Sep 2013, 23:45 PM

Soviet Shock is going to be scary. Shocks, mortar, ppshs, a howitzer AND the new improved air strike as a muni dump... Uh oh. Good luck keeping infantry alive.
4 of 4 Relic postsRelic 20 Sep 2013, 02:03 AM
Developer Relic Badge

If you think these TOW commanders are good, then you will definitely want to tune in on Monday.
20 Sep 2013, 02:26 AM

If you think these TOW commanders are good, then you will definitely want to tune in on Monday.

can we customize the commanders or customize one or two skills? The commander tree is boring in vCOH, just some random shuffling.... IMHO
20 Sep 2013, 04:37 AM

Soviet Shock army. Been asking for a long time with Shocks/Cony PPSH with no HTD. Off-map strike and howi. I am in heaven :D
20 Sep 2013, 05:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

All these commanders look the same to me.. :( How many do we have by now? It's impossible to keep track of everything tbh.

Nice to see new maps being added though.
20 Sep 2013, 05:14 AM

This is a really poor excuse for a game atm - the technical issues alone still persist and are likely to continue to do so. They can't even play in their own stream without noticeable lag, frame issues, and connection issues.

This is besides balance, which imo is just in an awful state with these new maps. I'm curious to see if there will be any examples of high level play in this patch at the 2v2 level where the Soviets actually win a game.

Sepha, a guy who you flew into your studios to help test the game, does not play - HASN'T PLAYED. Nystr0m? Gone. Thinks the game isn't very good. The only reason Golradaer really plays is because I ask him to - pretty sure that's about to change back to not playing at all. Razor? Gone. ntd refuses to play. He partially owns this site. There are hardly any people that stream the game any more and anyone who's critical opinion mattered/made sense and was good at the game has been run off.

You're now left with the edrama machines VonIvan, Barton, Hans, and Sageofthesix (which is significant because that took 5 years in VCoH) in a boring game of random elements and snow effects that was built upon the promises and shoulders of a once great game that you have neglected after ruining. Enjoy.
20 Sep 2013, 06:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2013, 22:52 PMhubewa
Relic, are all maps that will be released in the future going to be free or will there be some in the DLC players?

Because personally, I want all maps released to be free.

Multiplayer maps will be free.
20 Sep 2013, 06:56 AM

The Soviet Shock Army looks amazing.. I wouldn't want to go an Infantry heavy build as Germans facing that!
20 Sep 2013, 07:08 AM

My eyes glaze over looking at 3 of the 4 new commanders. All but the Shock Army seem to be a a obvious variation of and existing commander.

The big reason why I like the shock commander is because it has the 120mm mortar which is in only one other commander. Yes this doctrine having it does make GMCT less special, I really dont like the idea of a unit like that been locked up in one commander.
raw
20 Sep 2013, 08:25 AM

This is besides balance, which imo is just in an awful state with these new maps. I'm curious to see if there will be any examples of high level play in this patch at the 2v2 level where the Soviets actually win a game.

It's true, but balancing takes some time. That's what happens if a game gets rushed out the door.
20 Sep 2013, 09:17 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

It's true Dave and do not think that Relic isn't aware of these issues, but these guys are balancers and they work to balance the game the best they can, they have no decisional power on the other issues you meantioned.
20 Sep 2013, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2013, 21:37 PMNoun
We made an error during the Stream and put up a graphic showing off the 1941 ToW Commanders that were being added free into multiplayer.

Here is the updated image. Apologies.

Updated: Here is a link to a larger version of this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7311/9825693584_b98656d6c0_o.png

So german commanders are correct? because they are also ToW commanders
Hux
20 Sep 2013, 10:09 AM
Patrion 14

It's true Dave and do not think that Relic isn't aware of these issues, but these guys are balancers and they work to balance the game the best they can, they have no decisional power on the other issues you meantioned.

That may be true. But somehow, I just don't think you can trust 'balance devs' who haven't yet managed to fully balance the game as-is, and then go and introduce more commanders into the balance pot..

This game needs to concentrate on it's balance first. Bring in maps, fine, we need more anyway. That last patch was a step in the right direction in my opinion, but its far from done..

One thing really missing from the game is call-in Elite infantry

When game gets to reasonable balance level. rework all commanders.

For example, Bring back Stormtroopers. Put them as first call in on ambush camoflauge commander. Would be exellent offensive/defensive choice.

and slowly work on the (e.i vanilla first then paid) commanders and rework THEM into a balanced set of doctrines. That will eventually lead you to this:

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2013, 21:46 PMBudwise
Each doc was actually different and you had branches to choose what you wanted as strategic choices throughout the game.

Which prevents this:

There are hardly any people that stream the game any more and anyone who's critical opinion mattered/made sense and was good at the game has been run off.

I don't think now is the time to be introducing new stuff. There are other pressing matters, you know?

20 Sep 2013, 10:38 AM

Give me Montargis Region remake. DO ET. DO ET NAUW.
20 Sep 2013, 10:43 AM

So, these are coming to multiplayer, right? Looks like more work for me then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS